Vandalism in Progress Call#10202023

M. Price

2+ SHERIFF UNITS, N. 1ST STREET & BAY STREET INTERSECTION, FT. SHANNON, VANDALISM IN PROGRESS

Time: 21:26

Caller states 2 suspects are spray painting the Thomas Jefferson Statue in Harbour Park

The suspects are wearing gorilla masks but appear to be young teenagers

Additional calls have reported that the WW1 Monument just down the path from the Jefferson statue has also been spray painted over

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

Hearing the call go out over the radio I take a look at the notes given.  Some people do not like Thomas Jefferson I guess.  Already heading south on Bay Street I grab the mic on my shoulder and key it up.

"206, responding"

Keeping my lights and sirens off I glance more at the notes as I drive slowly down there.  Seems they also tagged the WW1 Monument as well.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

I pull up on scene and see bushes along the park. Man, where is that monument again? I'll have to slow roll and find it. At least I'm not in a car with a bar. And the hybrid means no motor noise. 

"ERT, 208 I'm in the area, looking around."

sd208dep.png

Deputy Nathan Keene
Unit 208

Badge 2117

Continuing to drive south on Bay Street and passing by the other three presidential statues without seeing anything I guess that means they are still nearby the Thomas Jefferson one.

"ERT, 206, I'm also in the area"

Reaching the Jefferson statue and still not seeing them I am guessing they are still in the park as I park 206.   The notes said they also got the WW1 so I doubt they'd be there so I begin wondering what other landmarks is in the area as I see Keene in 208 show up.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

I notice 206 pull in to the side of the road, and I park behind her. Getting out of the car, I approach her as she does the same

"Hey, notice anything on the way up? Not seeing anything jumping out at us. Yet anyways."

While she's answering, I look around and see the Jefferson monument with the markings, but no would be hoodlums nearby. 

sd208dep.png

Deputy Nathan Keene
Unit 208

Badge 2117

'Nope, saw nothing on my way down'

As I answer Keene's question I notice that he's looking at the tagged monument.

'Either they left cause they were done or they went to find another structure to spray paint on.  Notes say they already got the WW1 monument down the path.  Doubt they'll go back there.  That leaves the Washington Statue and the Revolutionary War monument but those can be seen from Bay Street and they weren't at either of those places.'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504