Armed EDP Call#11212023

M. Price

((1-2 SHERIFF UNITS, SHILOH CIRCLE PARK, FT. SHANNON, EDP))

Time: 13:27

CALLER REPORTS MAN CONTINUOUSLY GOING INTO ROADWAY BLOCKING TRAFFIC

MAN IS WELDING A SWORD AND SWINGING IT AT THE VEHICLES

MAN IS CAUCASIAN, SHORT, AND WEARING A BLACK TRENCHCOAT AND A BLACK FEDORA

CALLER STATES HE SEEMS TO BE SPECIFICALLY TARGETING VEHICLES WITH FEMALE OCCUPANTS

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

• Blackburn changed the title to Armed EDP Call#11212023

I’m driving around in my car and I hear my dispatch radio go off. A man apparently got a sword and is threatening people with it.

“Hey, dispatch. This is unit 206, responding to the scene,” I say, after I pick up my radio. “Is there anything else I should worry about, any other developments?”

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2308

Driving down the road with STILL no one else taking the nutjob waving at cars, I key my mic.

"Yeah ERT, show me on it too, 204"

I activate my siren and lights and head towards the scene. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

I arrive, cautiously approaches the scene, keeping a safe distance from the man wielding a sword. I maintain some communication with dispatch.

“Dispatch, this is unit 206. I’m on the scene. The individual with the sword is in my sight. Requesting guidance on the next steps.” I say into my radio.

‘Sir, I’m Deputy Patrick Jones,’ I say, maintaining my distance. ‘Imma need you to step away from the road, I’m here to help. Cooperate and we can do this smoothly.’

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

Coming down the road, I see the reds and blues of 206 in place already. I turn off my siren and approach more or less silently, while the swordsman discusses with one of our people. 

"ERT, 204, I'm pulling up, show me out"

I park the Durango, undo my belt and look over in my bag. I see a little length of paracord, and grab that and shove it in my pocket. Just in case. I pull on my yellow hi vis jacket, without doing it up. I walk up slowly without announcing myself. I blocked two lanes with my car, just in case. I keep a hand rested on my  taser just in case, but I can't help but wonder what the saying about bring a taser to a sword fight is

'I've had ENOUGH of these women coming out here and ruining the world. Ever since they've got all this independence, they don't look after nice guys like us anymore. Look. Not a single one of these cars has a man. Just women!"

Well, I think to myself, it's a good thing that we sent two guys.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png