Patrol - 01/15/20

Blackburn

• 2 weeks later...

'You have to be fucking kidding me. I wonder whats going through this guys head as there going the wrong way down a one way while the police are stitting right there. Go ahead I'm gonna pull you over.' I say to nobody in particular

*I say as I watch a mid 2000s Nissan Maxima make a turn down a wrong way street on my way back from a meeting in Oxnard.. There are people watching this. One of the bystanders sees my car and points at the offending vehicle. I give a nod and flip my lights on and follow the car down the street. I mash the button for yelp on the controller making several satisfying tones. The car moves to a stop.*

"400 show me on a traffic stop, Balm and autumn can I get a plate run on a Saratoga plate. Whiskey Nora Adam 5918."

"10-4 400, Stand by computers slow."

"10-4"

*I get out of the car to try and keep this brief. I walk up to the window. I can see the driver is a younger woman. Early mid 20s. Obvious signs of drug addiction. Shes nervous.*

'Licence and registration.'

'Why did you stop me officer?' She says in a very nervous voice.

'Look at all the other cars on this street and you tell me. License and registration.'

*She pulls out her paperwork.*

'Why are you so nervous?'

'I really don't want to get a ticket.'

'I am a Captain. I am the last person to write you a traffic ticket. Is their anything I should know before I run your information?'

*Getting more nervous she slides down in her seat.*

'Why are you so nervous?'

'I don't know'

'Calm down I'm going to be right back.'

*I walk back to the car.*

"400 I need a name run. Melissa Guzmann, 3/26/97."

"10-4 your car comes back clean. Name comes back with 2 active warrants for robbery and assault"

'Fucking great. Armed robber.'

"400 I need additional units for a felony stop."

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

"Copy that 200"

'This is going to be great, Methany sees the other car roll up, she gets out shooting and takes me out before blackburn lights her the fuck up. Or She sees blackburn coming up the block and tries to ram his car before I light her up.' I say narrating my life. Before long I see the black caprice pull up the block. Blackburn puts himself out on the radio as he flips his lights on. We both step out of our cars. I take the contact position while Blackburn approaches from the other side for the cover position. I see the drivers door of the car open.*

"Get back in the car!"

*I say as I unholster my gun and step behind the door of 400. Taking a knee and aiming my gun through the space between the window frame and the pillar.*

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*Turning onto the street where Russo has the car pulled over and I realize this is going to be shit.  This felony just had to have started as a wrong way driver cause now I'm in a potential cross-fire situation with the Captain.  Flashing my lights briefly I come to a stop and crack open the door.*

"200 on scene"

*Letting go of the mic I open my door and step out.  Noticing the Russo has done the same we both approach the car at the same time.  Seeing the driver start getting out of her car I spot Russo ducking back behind his car's door and hear him yell at her to stay in.  Listen to her lass, don't be an idiot I think to myself I get back behind 200's open door.  I draw my sidearm but don't aim it at her just yet as I don't really have a good shot like Russo does.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Put your hands where I can see them.'

*I say as she gets back in the car.*

'Just let me go!'

*Fucking great the armed robber with felony warrants thinks were just going to let her go. I lean into 400 and get the PA mic.*

'Driver, roll down the window and let me see your hands.' *I say into the mic.*

*The window rolls down and two hands come out.*

'Open the door from the outside!'

*She opens the door.*

'Step out of the car!'

'Fuck you I an't getting out.'

*I get out of my position of cover want walk up to the car with the gun drawn on her. The door still wide open. Blackburn gets from behind his door and walks over as I make contact again.*

'Get out of the car right fucking now!'

*She slams the door.*

'I'm clean I want to be a mother to my babies.'

*She starts flailing her arms through the open window. I reholster when I get to the window.*

'Get out of the car.'

*I say as I see an opportunity to grab an arm that she wildly flailed as shy threw her temper tantrum.*

'I aint going back I aint you can't make me.!'

'Calm the fuck down.'

*Blackburn jogs around to my side to help me control her.*

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*She gets back in the car, we approach the car again, words are exchanged and now she's become the devil.  Swooping on over to Russo's side I try and reach in to whatever opening I can get my arm into and she bites me.*

"Fuck!"

*Jerking my arm free I instinctively snap it forward and feel the back of my hand hit what I think is her nose.  Can't be sure visibility is shit.  Keeping my arm in there I somehow manage to grab one of her wrists and I yank it forward while I grab my cuffs with my free hand.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*We both have a grip on her arms.*

'Lets just pull her out and handle her on the ground.'

*Blackburn and I pull her through the open window of the car as she continues screaming and fighting back. She attempts to spit and as shes puckering up to do so I land a fist in her left jaw. This stuns her for a moment as we get her on the floor in a prone position. Blackburn places the cuffs on her.*

'Did you fucking see that she was going to spit on me, I don't know what this piece of shit white trash has.'

'Hey fuck you I'm clean.'

*We get up and lean her up against the car.*

'Cross your legs, Is there anything I should know about in this car?'

'Theres a bag in the pocket in the door.'

'Anything else?'

*I say looking in the backseat of the car and seeing several new appliances still in the packaging.*

'Are these stolen?'

'Fuck you. I'm not saying shit.'

'Blackburn, get a tow coming for this car. Any needles or anything that can poke me?'

'No'

*I say as I secure the small bag of heroin in the back*

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*As we get her out and onto the ground I get my cuffs on her while Russo mentions how she almost spat on him.*

'Yeah, well, she bit me'

*Looking at my arm there's a bite mark but no blood.*

'Going to have to explain that one to the wife.'

*Standing her up we put her up against her car.  Russo talks with her and then tells me to get a tow started.*

"200 to county, send a tow to my location."

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Yeah, I'll take her'

*Leaving Russo to deal with the car I bring the woman over, with some struggles, to 200.   She just about fought me the entire way to the car but she eventually tires herself out which makes things easier.  Opening the back door I her in the back seat and secure her there.  Shutting the back door on her I get back into the driver's seat of the Caprice and that's when the woman decides that if she is too tired to fight back she'll just howl like a banshee.  Oh for fucks sake.*

"200 to county, returning to the station with 1"

*Letting go of the mic I shut the driver's door, start up the engine and head back to the station with the devil herself.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*As Blackburn takes the perp to booking I walk around the car and to a cursory search. A few minutes later the department tow comes. I do the paperwork with the driver and head back to my car*

"400 clear. Thank 200 for the back"

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109