Medical Call with Possible Entrapment Call Number 20231012

C. Aylward

As the basket lowers, I aid in packing the patient for extrication. Looking to Boorne, I give him clear direction to take over getting the patient up.

"Looks like you boys will have to hoof it back up." I say to the EMTs, before looking away towards the deputy walking down the bank.

"Hey, just over here. We were trying to get her out and my shovel contacted this here." 

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2001

As the group down in the mud comes back up and hands the patient over to EMS I help the ladder crew pack up as it looks like they could use it.  Busy shift, they must be tired as much as I am tired watching them.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

As the patient goes up, I explain everything the the deputy and hear another siren approaching, probably his backup. I guess we can't say much, we bring four to a scene for every scene. Once the deputy takes over, I make my quick notes in my notepad and head up the hill, seeing the patient already loaded in the ambulance.

"Alright, if you guys are good, I guess we'll clear." I get a few nods from everyone, and key my radio. 

"ERT, Engine 1 Command, we're going to be clearing the scene. Patient care transferred to medic 1, we're en route to station."

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

After packing up the ladder I get back in the officer's seat as the crew gets back into theirs.  As we set off back to the station I key up the mic on my shoulder.

"ERT, Ladder 1, show us clear and heading back to the station."

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021