Juvenile Halloween Mischief Call#10182023

M. Price

((1-2 SHERIFF'S UNITS, BROAD STREET & 12TH STREET NORTH INTERSECTION, FT. SHANNON, JUVENILE HALLOWEEN MISCHIEF))

CALLER STATES A KID DRESSED UP AS A GOBLIN IS TOSSING EGGS AT VEHICLES DRIVING BY

CALLER STATES THE KID APPEARS TO ONLY BE EGGING VEHICLES NOT PAINTED GREEN, BLACK, OR ORANGE

KID APPEARS TO BE 12 TO 14 YEARS OLD

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

I see the call pop up in my MDT and figure that I could probably handle it, given that I'm close enough. I grab my mic and hold onto the PTT.

"201 ERT show me enroute, ETA 2½ minutes."

I pull out of the parking lot I was stopped at, flicking on my headlights as I begin driving toward the listed address.

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2044

As I inch closer to the location I cut whatever other lights I have on except for my headlights. I eventually approach the intersection Broad and 12th St. N., now proceeding to activate the spotlight as I turn it, shining it onto the kid dressed as a goblin. I then activate my lights on Stage 2 before pulling over to the side of the road.

The kid lowers a carton of eggs and sets it on the floor. I kill the spotlight but activate the takedown lights as I grab the mic.

"201 ERT, show me on-scene." I attach the mic back onto the center console as I swing open my car's front left door, climbing out then closing it afterwards. The kid seems to move around frantically, as if he were doing an impression of a crazy goblin. 

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2044

• 2 weeks later...

As I continue to monitor the call I hear from the deputies that they are in a pursuit of the goblin teenager.  Quite awhile later, in what felt like weeks, I hear from them that they lost sight of the kid and were returning to patrol.  Well, okay, another closed call I think to myself as I close this one.

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606