Patrol - February 2020

Blackburn

• 2 weeks later...

*Clearing the scene of the labour dispute, I park at a naerby McDonald's, pointed towards the road with the radar on.*

"ERT, 204."

"204, ERT."

"I'm gonna be at McDonald's at LOCATION running radar."

"10-4 204."

*As I flick the speedlimit in the radar to chirp, I open my notes and start making call notes for the last event. Barely two minutes pass and I hear the chirp. 25 over the limit. Jesus. I throw my notepad on the passenger seat, reverse back a little, and then peel into the street. Traffic is light and I merge easily. I flick on the lights and see the brakelights of my target Ford Fusion light up really quick. I toggle the manual siren twice anyways, just in case.*

"ERT, 204, got one of a traffic stop. Blue Ford Fusion."

"10-4 204."

*I approach the rear of the vehicle as he stops, parking slightly slanted for the added visibility. Shifting into park, I quickly run his plates. Clean, registered, and no previous. I step out of the cruiser, put on my hat and walk up to his window.*

'Good evening sir, do you know how fast you were traveling back there?'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department 
Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*I cruise down the Interstate in my unmarked Charger, watching traffic for violations. I hum along to the radio as I overtake a car in the left lane. I spot a run-down ex-law enforcement Crown Victoria with a busted taillight speeding in the right lane. I accelerate, sliding in behidn him.*

"209, ERT, traffic stop." *I turn on my lights, blipping the siren.*

"209."

"Interstate 48 westbound at the Fort Shannon city limit on a white Ford Crown Victoria, Saratoga tag Kilo Foxtrot Victor 3-8-2. KFV382."

"Copy 209."

*I slant my car slightly as I pull up behind the Crown Vic on the shoulder. I glance over my shoulder before stepping out of my car, walking up to the driver's window. He rolls it down as I walk up, and I quickly look him over.*

'Good afternoon, sir. The reason i stopped you today is because of your speed and the broken taillight. Can I get your license, registration, and proof of insurance please?'

*He hands them over, and I take the opportunity to glance around the inside of his car. I could definitely smell marijuana odor, although I couldn't really see anything. I thank him and tell him I'll be right back. I walk back to my patrolcar and slip into the driver's seat, keeping an eye on the driver.*

"209, ERT, start me a second unit on the slow."

*I enter his name and information into my MDT, running his name and tags.*

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

*He hesitates and then smiles.*

'Honestly, I can't even think up an excuse.' He says, handing me the papers before I can even ask.

*Honestly always wins points with me.*

'Alright, well you gotta slow down. I'm gonna go back to the car and have a look in the system for you. Stay there, I'll be right back.'

*I head back to the car, bringing up the lookup on the laptop, verifying all his information.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"217, 209, I need a second unit for a vehicle search."

*I look over his information, verifying that his driver's license is valid and his tags are in-date. I scan through previous contacts, noting that he's been arrested before for possession of marijuana, and that he's prohibited from possessing a firearm but is known to be armed. I look back up to the car in front of me, keeping my eyes on it while I wait for Caldwell.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*The information comes back all good. Valid licence, tags, even a good driving record. I decide, given his clean sheet, he can drive slowly to fuck, and I wont' write a ticket. Approaching his window, I pass back his information.*

'Alright, so I clocked you going at least 30 above the limit. I could easily make your day really terrible right now, but you've been honest, and you stopped without any trouble. I'll tell you what, if you can control your speed, keep it UNDER the limit, I'm good to let you go with a warning today.'

'Absolutely!'

'Alright, drive safe. and DRIVE SLOW' I say as I return to my cruiser, returning for patrol.*

"ERT, 204 clear on the traffic stop."

"10-4 204, clear on stop."

"217, 209, I need a second unit for a vehicle search."

"209, 204. I'm available in the area if you need support." After missing that pursuit, I'm not looking to miss all the fun.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*I pull up behind 209.*

"217 out with 209."

*I activate my rear lights go through my bag on the passenger seat getting my Kevlar gloves out and step out of the truck.*

'Whats going on Richie?'

*I say as I put my gloves on, If were going to search this truck the last thing I need is getting poked with something.*

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*I step out of my car as Caldwell pulls up, keeping an eye on the driver.*

'Hey Mike. I pulled him for speed and the taillight, smelled a strong odor of marijuana. Ran him in the system, his tags and license are good. He does have a caution code for weapons, and he is prohibited from possessing a firearm. He's got several priors for drug possession and paraphernalia, so let's see what we can find this time.'

*I walk back up to the driver's window, my hand not tearing on my gun, but staying close. I was definitely wary of this guy.*

'Sir, go ahead and step out of the vehicle for me.'

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*As Rich walks over to the drivers window I take a cover position. When he asks him to step out of the car He starts getting hostile.*

'Why the fuck I gotta do that!'

*I hear the window roll up.*

'Wanna take out the window?'

*I ask as I pull my baton out.*

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*I sigh as he rolls the window up. He had to make this difficult.*

'Sir, exit the vehicle. Now. Don't make this more difficult than it has to be. Don't make us come in there after you.'

*I draw my baton, extending it and looking at the driver.*

'Last chance. Open the door.'

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I draw back and quickly smash the baton into the window, shattering it across the perp. I reach in and open it from the inside, snatching open the door and grabbing him by the collar.*

'Get the fuck out of the car. Get on the ground.'

*I drag him out of the car, pushing him to the ground and putting a knee in his back. He squirms, but doesn't fight too much.*

'Hands behind your back. I'm sure you know the drill.'

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*Rich gets him out of the car and I jump on top of him getting his legs. The perp complies. Hes been through this before. Rich cuffs him up. I help the perp to his feet.*

'Alright come with me,'

*I take him and put him on the hood of 209.*

'Got anything on you. Anything that can poke me?'

'Got a dime bag in my pocket.'

*I pat him down and find the dime bag. I find nothing else of interest. I walk back to Rich.*

'So all I got was a dimebag'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*I help Caldwell get him cuffed and then let Caldwell take him as I start searching the vehicle.*

'Just a dime bag on him? Damn. Maybe he's got some more in here.'

*I open the glovebox, nodding.*

'Yeah, here's one charge.'

*I pull out a HiPoint and make it safe before putting it on the hood of the car. I then rifle through his glovebox and pull out an envelope of cash.*

'Awful lot of money to be carrying around.'

*I open the center console and pull out the CD insert, then a tshirt, and then chuckle.*

'Christ man, some people don't learn. You'd think his priors would have taught him a lesson.'

*I pull out a gallon-size ziplock full of dime bags of weed, along with scales and another handgun, this one a revolver. I straighten up and put it all on the hood of the car. I run the guns and car through NCIC, calling for a tow as well.*

'I'll transport, unless you really want to.

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*Seeing the collection of goodies on the hood of the car.*

'You ever notice that every perp has a high point. Its like theres a stand right outside county lockup that gives you a high point, A 10 year old luxury car and yezzys.'

*I play with the contraband for a second.*

'I have the truck today, You can transport'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*I chuckle.*

'Yeah, I swear. I mean, they're cheap, but they're absolute trash. Might as well throw a brick at someone.'

*I nod as he says he has the truck.*

'Alright. If it's cool with you, I'm gonna go ahead and dip so I can get him booked, if you'll wait on the wrecker.'

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

• Blackburn changed the title to Patrol - February 2020
  • Blackburn locked this topic