Kimberly Farm Supply Company

Alpha

*I pull up out front of the store and park my F250, hopping out and walking in. I grab a cart and start walking down the aisle, glancing at the list in my hand. I had to get a few things for the house and the property. I had the next few days off, and had big plans to do some work. The old guy that owned the hundred or so acres of woods behind my house had given me permission to use them pretty much however I wanted as long as I left them as woods, and I planned on cutting some trails through them and maybe putting up a deer stand or a duck blind. I knew there was a pond back in the woods, and I just had to get to it. I walk into the feed section of the store and grab some chicken scratch and laying pellets, putting them on the cart.*

'Need a hand, sir?'

*I look up at the freckle-faced teenager that had offered to help. I had seen him around before; he worked here.*

'Nah buddy, I'm alright. Thanks.'

*Christ, I was a sir to teenagers now? Made me feel old. I get a bag of sweet feed and stick it on the cart, then head back towards the front. I detour into the power tools, looking over the chainsaws. I didn't really need a new one, I had two or three in the shop at the house, but it never hurt to look, right? Deciding I wasn't going to purchase a new saw just yet, I head up to the counter and check out, telling them I wanted a bale of straw as well. I pay for the feed I had bought and cart it out to the truck, loading it in the bed. I return the cart and then get in the truck, pulling it around to the barn so a hand could load the straw. Once he tossed it in, I head to the house.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909