4th July Party at Harbor Park

Blackburn

'Unfortunately no, the rest of my family got all tired out from the party we were at before this'

*Setting down my cooler I open it up and pull out a bottle of A&W Root Beer.  Twisting off the cap I take a drink of the bottle.*

'but right... Ford guy, guess I shouldn't bother telling you I brought my Stingray to this.'

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*As Blackburn tells me his family wasn't showing up*

'but right... Ford guy, guess I shouldn't bother telling you I brought my Stingray to this.'

'My family is on the way now, The wife had to be somewhere for a charity event something with the special ed council. But I do want to see the car now that its done.'

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

*After Russo explains that he would like to see the Vette I look around.  The gathering here for ERT is kinda small and this might be all that shows up too.  Now might be the best time to show it off to Russo.*

'Well, guess now might be a good time to see it then.'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*Yeah lets go take a look. As we walk over to the car*

'Big balls for doing street parking, I also just made a huge fuckup with the FD guy. I told him I remember him from his sons funeral. So lets let that calm down for a few.'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'Well I needed to make sure it drove alright before selling it and if we were meeting in Fort Shannon Park instead of Harbor Park I would've driven my truck.*

*Hearing Russo saying he wants more time for the awkwardness to die down I nod as I pull out my car keys.  Unlocking the driver's side door I lean and reach in to the car.*

'Guess I better show off the V8 engine then.'

*Pulling the lever to pop the hood I stand back up and shut the door.  Then I pull open the bonnet's hood to display the 427 V8 resting inside it.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Beautiful car. Why are you selling this? You've been working on this for years.'

*I look at the engine.*

'So be honest with me. Did you try and test this out yet? How fast does it go?'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'Well, I only finished the job working on this car because my dad left it to me in his will.  63's were never really my favorite year for Vettes.  Never really understood the fascination with the split window.  Doesn't look that good and in my opinion the blind spot it creates just isn't worth it.  So, I'd rather sell it and use the money from it to put a down payment on a C7 or maybe a C8 if they're still affordable when I get it sold.'

*Not mentioning the number of times it's tried to kill or maim me while fixing it up.*

'Honestly haven't gotten around to doing that yet.  Haven't exactly had enough free time to take it to the track down in Wakefield to find out.'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*Still shocked at Blackburn is selling it.*

'Still kinda shocked, You've been restoring it for years. And a new Corvette? You having a midlife crisis?'

*I say with a laugh*

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'Yeah, but unlike my Roadrunner and the Fairlady I didn't buy this Corvette.  It was left to me by my dad.  That would probably be the only attachment I feel towards this car.  Probably inherited my dad's midlife crisis with it as well.'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Yeah, but unlike my Roadrunner and the Fairlady I didn't buy this Corvette.  It was left to me by my dad.  That would probably be the only attachment I feel towards this car.  Probably inherited my dad's midlife crisis with it as well.'

'I gotcha, But you should take it to the track at least once. Would be a shame if you didn't get a chance to have some fun with it'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*As Blackburn closes the car up we begin taking the walk back to the party.*

'Zach!'

*I hear in the distance, Looking over I see Stephanie, Katie and James walking down the path rolling our yeti cooler. Katie talking to James about the thing that intrests her this week while he tries to ignore her as he plays animal crossing.*

Stephanie: 'Get the cooler for me?'

'I'll meet you back at the party?'

*Saying to Blackburn as I go to help my wife.*

'There any kids so James and Katie aren't on their phones the whole time?'

'Yeah a firefighter brought his kids so theres that.'

'Good, I would have brought the badminton set but I'm exhausted after the softball game.'

'Don't worry we'll relax and just chill the fuck out.'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*As we head back to the party Russo tells me he'll meet me back there.  Seeing the rest of his family showing up in the distance I nod.  Walking alone I return to the group and grab a root beer from my cooler.  Cracking the A&W open I take a sip as I sit down on my cooler.  It's getting darker out here now.  Probably another hour until the show.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321