Flashing Taxi

C. Aylward

*As the others size up the three people from the car, I walk towards the actual taxi and look around the cab for anything out of place. It all looks good, and there's nothing nefarious in the back seat that may have been dropped when we lit them up.*

'Alright, so the taxi's clear. You guys find anything?' I say, walking towards the three deputies.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department 
Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'How do you....not remember....'

'Hes full of shit'

'He had this on him... he said at first he couldn't remember if he did or not then he said he might have a small knife on him... i didnt find anything else other then his ID... do we want to question him more on this cause it was a hostage light situation?'

'Talk to the cabbie and then...'

*The cabbie starts yelling*

'He tried to rob me! I have a dash cam! Arrest him!'

'Jerry can you take a look at the dash came. Driver says the male tried to rob him'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'He Tried to Rob Me! I have a dash cam! Arrest him!'

'Jerry Can you take a look at the dash cam. Driver Says the male tried to rob him'

'no no i didn't the driver is lying he's been out to get me since i got in his car officers please believe me i didn't remember i had that knife on me'

'Sir we are going to get to the bottom of this in the mean time i need you to confirm the name on your ID'

'I'm not confirming anything til you let me go'

'
Okay Sir... Well Jerry checks the Dash cam i'm going to run his name'

*I get in my cruiser and type the Suspects name into the cad and it comes back with a Failure to Appear for a Speeding ticket and a Revoked Drivers License*

'Well Mr Butler looks like this isn't your first run in with the law huh'

'You cops are just out to get me that never happened'

*i step outta my car and pull caldwell and his Probie aside*

'Dudes Name is Zachary Butler... He has a Failure to Appear on a Speeding ticket charge looks like it for possible Criminal speed and also has a Revoked Drivers License. He also states this never happened and that he was never stopped by police. Do we want to check to see if he has any other way of iding him and making sure this isn't a stolen Id aswell?' 

sd252dep.png

Deputy Tim Bradford
Unit 252

Badge 2028

I guess we can bring him in on the open warrant in addition to first degree robbery. Once Jerry gets the video we can grab that and take the drivers statement and then go from there’

Okay well I’ll go break the news to him then and start paperwork’ 

sd252dep.png

Deputy Tim Bradford
Unit 252

Badge 2028

‘We got the collar. I guess you can clear”  

‘Okay Caldwell y’all be safe out there’ 

* i walk over to my cruiser and help the dude out* 

‘am i being released’ 

‘nope your just going for a ride with a different deputy’  

* i walk him over yo Ellie and Caldwell and take my cuffs off and watch has Ellie puts her set on him*. 

‘Peace guys’. 

*i walk over to my cruiser closing the back door and getting in picking up my mic and keying up* 

“ERT 252 show me clear and back on patrol”. 

*i put my mic down and release my ptt and put the car in drive and head back out on patrol* 

sd252dep.png

Deputy Tim Bradford
Unit 252

Badge 2028

*I nod to Caldwell as he says he wants me to arrest the guy, Bradford brings him over and I swap my cuffs into place where his were, and check him one more time, not that I don't trust Bradford, but I still took every opportunity to reinforce my training. I read the guy his rights as I take him our SUV*

'Do you understand what you are being told?'

'Yeah yeah whatever I understand you're all out to get me!'

*I sigh softly and place him in the SUV.*

sd216dep.png

Probationary Deputy Ellie Herz
Unit 216

Badge 2034

*I retrieve the camera and play with it for a minute. No screen built in, why would it have one. I fiddle some more and curse barely audibly. As I walk back to my patrol car, I see the young deputy and call her over.*

'Hertz. Come here for a second.'

'Sir, it's Herz.'

'Right, Do me a favor, get the video out of this camera.'

*She looks me up and down for a second.*

'I Know the video isn't in the machine, but it's on a microSD card and I've got big hands. Take it out, and see if there's any adapters between our cars to load the video on the laptop and watch it, or if anyone has a cord to plug the camera in.'

*She takes the camera from me and I walk over to her training officer.* 

'How's it going here? I can't operate those little fucking things.'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png