Eastland Mall

Blackburn

• 1 month later...

*Needing clothes for spring I park my Chevy in a parking spot outside the Food Court of the mall.  As I step out of my car a cold air blows over me and almost numbs my face as I fit my leather jacket's hoodie over my head; covering my redhair and UMaine cap.  Slinging my purse over my shoulder I shut my car's door and sneeze.  Thought I had worn enough with wearing a black turtleneck sweater and jeans tucked into my knee high black heeled boots but I guess it wasn't enough.  Locking my car up I pocket my keys into my purse and rush inside to the food court.*

*As I get inside the warmth of the area and the smell coming from restaurants puts me in a dell.  Not being hungry now as I just ate at home I move pass the food court and go further into the mall.  Will probably end up getting dinner here once I'm done with my slight spending spree though.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

I have a free day and since I haven't spent much time in the town yet, what better way to see the type of people that live here than to go spend a day at the mall. I could use some more tea anyways, and I always love perusing the boating and fishing section of Dick's. You can never have too many dry bags. I walk into the mall, coming in by the... Marshalls. I glance at the ubiquitous guide map that is standard in every mall in America and realize I am not even a little close to where I want to be. I sigh, and decide to enjoy the walk, and all the people watching that comes along with it.

This is a treat to myself, after all. I managed to come in a bit under budget by buying out in Kimberley and had some extra finances that I'd set aside for moving costs. Now that I'm here and settled in, I can relax some and enjoy. I pass by an Auntie Anne's and really, what is a visit to the mall without those delicious cinnamon sugar coated pretzel bites. I stop by and buy one of the containers of pretzel bites, munching on the warm pretzels as I walk. It isn't long before I'm passing by a lovely water feature in front of the Rainforest Cafe. I decide to take a seat and cross my legs on the rim of the fountain, munching on my pretzel bites as I watch the people walking by.

Almost everyone is still bundled up for winter - there's still snow outside and a distinct chill in the air. But the birds are starting to come back, so spring can't be too far off. There's a much more detached air around people here than in some of the other places I've been to and given it's a weekend there's plenty of teens walking around. They make me feel old.

I finish my pretzels and stand, popping my back as I do. I toss the empty container in a nearby trashcan and move on, deciding to start at the Dick's and work my way back. I'll pick up some tea on my way out. As I walk I'm lost in thought with thoughts of weekend plans. It'll be another day or two before I am scheduled on and I can't wait to spend it with Piper. I'm thinking an overnight trip in the park might be fun, maybe going kayaking down the river with her. I'm lucky that she's so well adjusted - she has to be with us doing search and rescue. 

It isn't long before I reach the entrance and head up towards the camping and watercraft section. I wander around, eying a fancy looking bow bag, a triangular bag designed to be stored in one of the storage compartments in the bow of the boat. I'm thinking about getting it and I'm already planning out what it can be used for - it looks like a good size for some of Piper's accessories like her lead and bowls, boots and food. She deserves a treat too, and I know that Dick's keeps some dog treats with their food. It's a small section but I pick out a decent sized antler for her. She loves them.

I check out and head out of the store, on my way out. I stop in at the Teavana store, wandering around for a short time before deciding on a strawberry mint tea. I decide against any of the very over the top extras and head out, heading for the exit. It sounds like a good night to snuggle up with the dog and enjoy a hot cup of tea.

spacer.png

Firefighter Paramedic Michaela Gray
Rescue 9

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1208