Frank Bruno's House

F. Bruno

1339439824_FrankBruno.thumb.png.aa20ff191c5d59cb4b2d6cca2f3b0102.png

Frank Bruno Jr.

DOB 12/13/1982

Sergeant at Shiloh County Sheriff's Department

Born into a Law Enforcement Family in December of 1982 Frank's father was a Deputy Chief in the Crescent Falls police department and his mother was a civilian administrator for the county. Growing up Frank knew he would be destined for law enforcement as were his Siblings, John and Nicole. After graduating high school in 2000 Frank would get his associates at SCCC and take the police exam for Shiloh County. His father, now retired and sitting on the civilian advisory board for the county used his connections to get him hired at the Shiloh County Sheriff's Department. After graduating the academy in 2003 Frank was assigned to Patrol in Fort Shannon. While attending a wine tasting event at DeRuvo's Restaurant in 2007 he would meet his wife Laura and they would be married in 2008. In 2009 Frank accepted a promotion to detective and was assigned to the Warrant Squad. Later in In 2009 Laura would give birth to Twins Frankie and Erin. In 2014 The family would move into their current house in Essex. In 2017 Frank would be reassigned to the Robbery Squad. Seeing the lack of overtime opportunity in Robbery Squad Frank would be motivated to take the sergeants test in 2018 with his list number being called in 2020. In Early 2021 Frank would take the new position of Patrol Supervisor.

1781743926_BrunoWife.thumb.jpg.b528cd8b1416d75908b1aec14aa33932.jpg

Laura Bruno

DOB 4/18/1985

Billing Manager at Code Blue Ambulance

1044269277_BrunoKids.thumb.png.45bcb4cc469f4db9c1c29dd8803b0fc2.png

Frankie and Erin Bruno

DOB 7/18/09

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2049

• 8 months later...

'Your not getting my jacket'

Laura: 'Whyy not?'

*Laura says in a slurred voice as we make our way back to the car. It was my idea to go to Oktoberfest in , It was Laura's idea to go to the biergarten and go round for round with a man in lederhosen.*

'I told you it would be cold. You didn't listen to me. The kids dressed warm, I dressed warm read the room.'

*I say with a laugh.*

'Every time you drink you get cold!'

Laura: 'I didn't know I would drink this much! Why aren't you cold?'

'Because I don't have the circulatory system of a 90 year old woman.'

Laura: 'But you drank.'

'Not as much as you. Laura for fucks sakes your Irish and you used to bartend. You can't hold your liquor?'

*Laura realizes she's not getting my Jacket and turns to Frankie.*

Laura: 'Frankie you're a gentleman why don't you give mommy your hoodie?'

'Don't do it Frankie.'

Frankie: 'Ok'

'Laura your trying to steal a hoodie from your 12 year old son.'

Laura: 'What happened to the fun Frank?'

'I'm still fun Frank.'

*Laura drunkenly locks eyes with me.*

Laura: 'Then prove it!'

'How do you want me to prove it?'

Laura: 'I don't know chug a beer, Make out with me in public! Something!'

'I'm not drinking anymore because someone needs to drive us home and I'm not making out with you in front of the kids. That's just weird.'

Laura: 'I don't want us to get old!'

'Were not getting old.'

Laura: 'We never do anything fun!'

'Fine want to do something fun? How about one more drink before we leave?'

Laura: 'You mean it?'

*I look around the festival and see a Jägermeister tent. We make our way over to the bar and get 2 shots. I pay the bartender places 4 shot glasses in front of us.*

Bartender: '2 for one since its the last night.'

*Laura downs her two as I take one of mine.*

Laura: 'You need to finish yours!'

'But I'm driving.'

*I say with a smile.*

Laura: 'No fun Frank!'

*Laura takes my last shot for herself.*

Erin: 'I've never seen Mom like this.'

'Yeah its been a while for me too.'

Laura: 'You too need to have some fun while your young and not be old and miserable like your dad.'

*Laura opens her purse and takes some sample mini bottles from the bar as we leave.*

Frankie: 'Dad's not old and miserable.'

Laura: 'But he's not fun like he used to be.'

*We make our way to the car. I pop a stick of gum for the ride home.*

Laura: 'Here try this.'

*Laura passes two mini bottles of jager to the kids in the back. Erin opens hers and smells.*

Erin: 'This smells really bad.'

'But it makes you feel really good. And it makes you fun.'

Frankie: 'I think I'll pass mom.'

Laura: 'Your just like your dad, More for me then.'

*Laura takes the bottles back and starts drinking.*

Frankie: 'We learned about open container laws when that cop came to school to tell us about drugs and alcohol. Isn't this illegal dad?'

*I groan.*

'Its a gray area but I think we can let it slide this time. Mom doesnt do this that often.'

Laura: 'Because mom isn't fun anymore! Frank, We should get matching tattoos.'

'I don't think sober Laura would like that. let me get those mini bottles. I'm going to toss them out.'

*She hands me the mini bottles. I pull up to a red light and pull along side an SCSD patrol car.*

'Ah fuck its the cops.'

Erin: 'Aren't you a cop dad?'

'Yes.'

Erin: 'Then why does it matter.'

'Because dad is going to teach you a lesson about open containers.'

*The light turns green, The I turn onto the interstate as the sheriffs car stays on local streets. I roll down the window and stealthily toss the empty mini bottles out of the car.*

'If there's no open containers you don't have to worry about open container laws.'

Laura: 'There's my fun Frank!'

*I look in the rearview mirror to look at the kids.*

'Sometimes you have to make the law work for you. But you don't say anything about this to your friends.'

*They both nod. As Laura starts singing.*

'If your too drunk to walk along the streets of cobblestone you know fort shannon never drinks alone!'

'If I put the real song on will you stop butchering it?'

*Laura nods and I open apple carplay and put a playlist on. Within a few minutes we arrive at the house. The kids run out of the car the first chance they get.*

Laura: 'Frank. I don't think I can make it.'

*I toss Frankie the keys.*

'Unlock the front door.'

*I walk around to the side of the car and open Laura's door I grab her and she wraps her arms around my neck and I carry her into the house and toss her on the bed.*

Laura: 'There's my fun Frank'

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2049