Employee Revenge

C. Aylward

Sheriff's Units respond. MAN WITH HAMMER BREAKING STORE WINDOWS 484 SOUTH 4TH ST FORT SHANNON. NAPA SOUTH RIVER

'911 Where's your emergency'

'I'm at the NAPA store in south river. I fired this kid yesterday for stealing and now hes back with a crowbar! He just busted out my store windows and now he's smashing the merchandise!'

'Are there any injuries?'

'Me and my cashier are in the office with the door locked.'

'What's the perp look like?'

'Black kid like 17 with a skinny build and a goatee wearing a red polo. Motherfucker came in his work shirt to trash the place!'

'Ok I'm sending police now.'

*I hit the PTT for the Sheriff's channel*

"I need Sheriffs units to respond to 484 South 4th. NAPA auto for a former employee vandalizing the store armed with a crowbar. Perp is gonna be a 17 year old black male with a Goatee armed with a crowbar. "

Lieutenant Charles Aylward
Shiloh County ERT Communications Dispatch Supervisor
Badge 1663

*im sittinmg behind a later model tahoe  and am about to call in that im making a stop when i hear the radio crackle about a pissed employee,my lights already on i tear out from behind the tahoe i was gonna stop flipping a u turn heading south as i key my portable, are me and ajax overkill sure but it beats dealing with some KAREN in a tahoeand the driver who i had stopped screamed it* ' county,show 230 responding to the disgruntled employee" *releaseing the ptt of my portable i flick my sirens on,heading for the NAPA in distress, hoping others are comming if only for an extra set of eyes in whats basically the hood*

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

*I was driving around the town and heard the call go out. I'd pick up my radio from the clip and clicked onto it to start speaking into it.* 

“202, show me responding to the auto repair store."

*I'd clip the radio back onto its clip and make a u-turn and start driving to the store as I turned my lights and sirens on*

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department 
Badge 2205

I'm sitting in my unit, still angry about being late to roll call, and drinking the last of my coffee. Been on shift for an hour and so far, so good. Lots of time to get reports done. Finally, though, I hear the dispatch crackle with a call that needs multiple Deputies. Black teen with a goatee smashing up the NAPA store. Weird. I pull out of the parking lot I'm in and key my mic. "Control, 206, show me en route on the call from NAPA." I flip my Charger's lights and sirens on and head, code 3, to the call. As I make my way through traffic, I consider my options. The guy is obviously angry, and the fact that he's a former employee makes the situation all the more dangerous. The guy could always have a gun on him, and the crowbar is already a deadly weapon. 

sd211dep.png

Deputy Edward J. Richardson
Unit 211

Badge 2202

As I head towards the NAPA, still a couple minutes out, I key my radio and say, "Uh, 230 and 202, 206, did one of you want to check to see if there's a rear entrance or anything like that when we get on scene?" The kid could very well be gone already, but if he's still there when we arrive it'd be nice if someone could enter through an auxiliary door both to block the suspect from escaping through it and to get him something like surrounded.

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

*I'd key my radio as I finally parked at a hidden spot* 

"Richardson, I found a way, and he's still here."

*I'd put the radio back on the clip and turn the engine off, hearing it power down, and leave the car, slamming the door, hearing it slam as I walked to the back door and knocked, the door felt hard* 

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Badge 2205

I key my mic and say, "Copy. Uh, Dispatch, show 206 on scene. I'm going in the front." I pull up in front of the NAPA store and place the radio back in its place. After I put the cruiser in park I exit the car and look at the store. I unholster my Taser, turn on the beam, take a deep breath, and walk in the front door. 'POLICE! DROP THE HAMMER, DO IT NOW!" I yell, aiming the Taser at the kid and taking a somewhat-covered position behind a stand of merchandise.

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

* somehow being beat by a unit and arraivinh right as richardson announces contact i throw 230 in park halfway on the curb of the building in the parking lot,a makeshift barrier as i key my portable as i quick step into the store seeing richardson with his taser i opt to unholster my USP just incase as the kids got a potentially deadly weapon* “ county mark 230 on scene right 206 arrived” *releaseing my mic i adress the kid* ‘ two ways outta this kid, walking and handcuffed  or stretchered and handcuffed, weve got range on you so dont be stupid ok, i dont need the paperwork for stupid’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

*I'd walk inside the store as the caller had allowed me inside, hearing my footsteps as I rushed inside and immediately got my gun out pointed at the kid, who was standing on the counter waving his crowbar around.* 

'Put the weapon down kid, and nobody gets hurt,' 

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Badge 2205

I hear the door open and then hear the Sergeant enter behind me. I then see Diaz come out of the office, presumably having entered a back door. When I see her pull the Glock I immediately shout out the reminder, 'Crossfire! Watch the crossfire!' as we're now looking at the suspect from both sides. Meanwhile, Sgt. Patterson is telling the kid that he can either go out cuffed or go out on a stretcher. What the hell is he thinking? Hopefully internal affairs doesn't get wind of that one (though they probably will, as body cam footage will doubtlessly be reviewed since guns are now drawn). As the kid waves the crowbar around with three cops pointing weapons and two yelling at him (another less-than-smart thing, should've kept it to one person), I key my mic and say, "Control, 206, we have the suspect at gunpoint in the store. Suspect's still got the weapon. Do we have a CIT available?" 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

*three people giving commands thats just gonna confuse the kid  we still need a lethal cover for a taser and myself and diaz have ours drawn i entered behind richardson but dispite my efforts to get a cover position even though id be aiming over his head theres still a risk so i opt to holster as richardson asks dispatch for  what i presume is the hug police even though the units MCIT not CIT so as i secure my pistol holster i figure ill try a gentler yet firm tone as it dawns on me that i look scary as crap all decked in a Class D uniform*' put it down kid,see i holstered, we’ve still got a gun on you but its only protocol,drop the crowbar and we put em away,dont be stupid  none of us want that,and none of us wanna have to tazer or shoot you because you were stupid and forced said tazer or shot cause you tried to hit us with the crowbar' * i make my last plea as i  stand off to the side as much as i can behind richardson,sorta leaving an exit at least till he gets to my truck right out front,unless he goes out the back regardless he dosent seem to both know who to listen to nor want to to me as hes still holding the crowbar so i opt to shift to another aisle entirely, the kids still got paths out but atleast im clear to pull my gun again now*' your show 206' * i say effectivly reliving myself staying in my new cover position as i once again pull my weapon*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

"Control, 206, we have the suspect at gunpoint in the store. Suspect's still got the weapon. Do we have a CIT available?" 

Down the road, at the McDonald's parking lot, drinking coffees, I hear the radio come to life. 

'Uh Henry, you feel like playing some Fallout?' I jest, gathering the new deputy (at least I hope he's new) forgot we're the mobile crisis team, not the Commonwealth Institute of Technology, though teleporting might be helpful here. 

Henry smiles and taps the keys to find where 206 is assigned and sees it's just down the road. 

"Wastelander beating out windows. Maybe we can avoid that Commonwealth justice?"

"Yeah, though three deputies on scene already, we're probably going to only add to the fun." I say, shifting into drive and picking up the mic. "Christ, is that K9? This is going to be a real shit show."

"You're the one that interrupted coffee. Look, not even assigned."

"Yet. Time to earn some brownie points." I say to Henry before keying the mic. "ERT, Sierra is just down the street, we can be there in two." 

"Copy that Sierra, we've got you assigned. Be advised, suspect is armed with a crowbar."

"I can take a crowbar, what about you?" Henry says

"I don't need to, they give me a gun. And a Henry."

Now on 4th, I activate the emergency lights and pull around the traffic, making our way to the scene. 

mcitcpl.png

Corporal Diana Walter
MCIT-Sierra

Badge 2035

Shiloh County Health Mental Crisis Intervention Team Member

I make sure the suspect, still standing there with a crowbar, is covered while the Sergeant gets into his new position. 'I have less-lethal,' I say softly, just to make sure he knows I've got my Taser out. I say to the suspect, 'Drop the crowbar dude, just put it down. Not worth it, just drop it and we can chat.' It occurs to me that, should Patterson fire, the manager and employee in the office, the location of which I am not certain of, could be in the line of fire. I quickly key my mic and say, 'Diaz, are the employees out of here or no?' before getting my hand back on the Taser.

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

*I'd quickly key my mic while I had my eyes on the kid, hearing it click before I could speak* 

'Yes, they are out of here'

*I'd put my mic back and put my hand back where it was on the gun*

Edited by Ghostfire
saved the previous post from before instead

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Badge 2205

Pulling up on scene, I see through the window a visibly distressed young man and three deputies holding him at gun point. And this doesn't seem to be working well for them. I only hope I can get involved and stop this before he lights up like a tree. 

"All units, MCIT on scene, stand down, do not engage the suspect. I repeat, hold fire and do not engage!" I say sternly into the console mic.

Not waiting for further, I drop the mic and undo my seatbelt in one motion. Getting out of the car and going towards the front door, I do not draw my firearm. I open the door and hope to god they heard my radio. I've been Tazered once, that was enough. 

The door opening and the accompanying chime gets everyone's attention for a second, including the suspect, who I now have a clear line on. If I was a regular deputy, he'd be in cuffs now, or at least in the process of it. But I'm not. 

'Hey, weapons down. Let's just talk this out!' I look at the deputies and then back to the man with the crowbar. 'My name is Diana, I'm with the County Crisis Team. This is my partner Henry. Look, no weapons, let's talk this out. I'll get them to put theirs away if you put yours away too.'

'Eh, fuck you. How do I know you aren't one of them? Just some narc or somethin' gonna try and nail  me the second I drop it. Ain't no way I'm getting shot today.'

Thankful for the plainclothes, I can separate myself from the uniformed deputies in cases like these. And another reason I wear my gun on the rear of my pants. Less conspicuous. 

'Look, no gun' I say, lifting my jacket to show my waistband. I look over and Henry's doing the same. Unlike me though, he's telling the truth. 'So let's just figure out what's happening here. I understand you're upset, but man, you have to know this wasn't going to go well for you. I don't want them to shoot you, I don't want them to taze you. If that happens, I can't do anything. They're going to listen to me, but only so long as you make it clear nothing's going to happen between us. Guys, weapons away. We don't need to get violent here right now.'

mcitcpl.png

Corporal Diana Walter
MCIT-Sierra

Badge 2035

• 2 weeks later...

As the deputies comply, I watch the beating object get lowered down . Progress.

"Alright, listen, right now, you haven't hurt anyone, you've only beat up the store. That's property damage, that's it. If we end this now, we can use that to work in your favor. Drop the crowbar, come with me, we'll have a chat and maybe we can even figure out a way to not end up with a record from this.'

'A record? These fuckers robbed me! You know how much money they owe me?!'

'Okay, that's something we can work out, and I can help you get in touch with the right people to sort that out. Right now you've got 3 sheriff deputies, as well as myself and my partner here because you're destroying this building and terrifying the people who work here. The deputies are only going to keep at bay as long as you agree to. Drop the crowbar, come over with me and we can figure something out for you. I cannot stress enough to you right now that if don't, I can't help you.'

He ponders this for a second, before letting the crowbar fall to the floor.

'Alright, come here.' I say, approaching him. 'I've got to put you in handcuffs right now, just until we secure everything. It's all good, you're not under arrest, I'm just detaining you.' The look of disappointment pops on his face when he hears me. 'Listen man, it's better to come with me, then to go with them.' 

As he nods, he puts his hands out, a rush of clarity coming over him. I pull my handcuffs out, and click them into place. 'Alright, they good? Not too tight?' He nods. 'Okay, come on, come with me, we'll take a seat in my car, we'll have a chat, see what we can do. You're doing the right thing right now. You made a bad decision, but it doesn't have to be the end of everything for you.'

'These fuckers, I just wanted to get back at them.' He chokes out as we start walking.

'Alright, we're going to figure this out. Here, Henry will show you where we're parked, we'll talk once we sit down.' As I hand him over, I turn back for a second to the deputies. 'We're clear here right now, I've got him. Can you guys talk to the staff? Someone come check on us in a few.' I turn to walk out. 'Oh, and can you call dispatch? I have my portable left in the car.'

mcitcpl.png

Corporal Diana Walter
MCIT-Sierra

Badge 2035

I keep my Taser aimed at the suspect as the MCIT Corporal and her partner do their thing. I watch the suspect closely, hoping to goodness that he doesn't decide to rush the Corporal or her partner. That would suck. Fortunately, the CIT tactics seem to be working, and after a few more minutes of negotiation the suspect is successfully in cuffs. I heave a sigh of relief and holster my Taser. I look at the Corporal as she give instructions, then key my radio and says, "Dispatch, 206, MCIT has the suspect in custody, go ahead and halt all further units."

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202