High Speed MVA

M. Price

*Smith bandages the head lac, and completes the rapid trauma assessment yielding no other significant findings. We get the bottom edge of the long board onto the seat slightly under the patients buttocks, with the top end of the board on the stretcher and the stretcher as close to the vehicle as possible. We quickly but carefully get the patient onto the board and the board slid onto the stretcher. We buckle up the stretcher straps and get the stretcher into the ambulance. On the way to the ambulance I confirm the rapid but weak pulse that the FD reported, as well as quick but shallow breathing and still unconscious. We get her in the ambulance and I hop in through the back doors*

’Bobby if you wanna grab some cravats and secure her to the backboard and secure her head... Smith put in an oral airway then grab a BVM and assist with ventilations, her breathing is inadequate. And attach the BVM to oxygen at 25 liters. Breath every 4-6 seconds, just until you see chest rise.’

*I pull the IV and airway kit over to me on the bench seat to start preparing to RSI*

image.png

Paramedic Doug McGuire
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 0907

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*I make my way over to the vehicle, and start to make an inventory of items in the vehicle. While doing my inventory, I count up to seven liquor cans inside the car and can definitely tell they had been drinking by the smell in the car. I finish up the inventory as the tow truck approaches.i walk back over to Hawke.*

’I will wait here for them to finish getting the car and remain until the power company heads out of you want to clear.’

sd204dep.png

Deputy Dave Lafferty
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1117

*id wrapped his hand with banadges and grab the oral airway and get that done and then grab BVM and attach to 25 litter of oxygen and start using i I’d  do it every 4-6 six seconds as I’m doing it I see the chest pumping thank god he not dead i notice the eyes are moving as I’m looking at him I think he awake but I’m not sure*

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2020

* not to sure why the three if us are working her i keeo the thought to myself as i grab the cravats and set them do the womens snugly secure glanceing st the O2 thats smith has set up then look back to doug* ‘all set on my end’ * i say as i glance at the moniter but given the angle cant read it* ‘smith,how’s vitals looking?’

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1714

*Looking around I notice that EMS is handling the patient now, and even notice some SD clearing, the car was in the hands of SD now and there didn't look to be anything left for us to do.*

"Command to Engine 11 and Rescue 1, lets make sure we got all our stuff and then we're good to get out here."

*I walk over to Lafferty just to let him know, though he had already begun taking a look around anyway.*

'Scenes all yours'

*I say offering a small before heading back toward Engine 11*

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

"Rescue 1 copies."

*I hear Raven acknowledge Baker's radio traffic as we make sure we've got all our equipment up before piling back into the truck. We start to pull away from the scene as Raven marks us in-service.*

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

*I remain on scene for a few more minutes after the tow truck departs to make sure the power guys everything in hand. Once I see them set up some flaggers, I walk back to my unit and get back inside and turn off my lights as I depart the area.*

”272 back in.”

Edited by Lafferty

sd204dep.png

Deputy Dave Lafferty
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1117

*With the patient secured to the board and successfully intubated along with a few other initial actions completed, we begin transport to the county medical center. With everything we can do having been done at this point, and Smith assisting with ventilations, I continue watching the monitor as I start completing what I can of the chart on the charting computer after calling in a report to the medical center*

image.png

Paramedic Doug McGuire
Medic 1

Badge 0907