Breaking News

Blackburn

*Sitting behind my desk I see the light indicating we're interrupting soap operas and going live.*

'We interrupt your normal broadcasting schedule to report that moments ago, at around 1pm eastern standard time, a massive explosions has taken place outside a federal building in the state capital of Selkirk.  Initial reports coming in are stating that the 4 story building and surrounding buildings have sustained massive damage with partial collapsing of the sides facing the street.  The number of casualties is unknown at this moment as Selkirk's Fire Department and Police Depart are getting on scene now.'

*Hearing an update from my ear piece I pause to listen.*

'Oh, what? oh... okay.  Okay so we've just been informed of a secondary explosion occurring at the site.  The reports I am hearing are of multiple first responders are down.'

*Hearing more noise in my ear piece I pause again.*

'Alright.  Okay, so as of this time we are ending our coverage here as our station switches over to ABC's national news coverage of the incident.'

*As the live light goes off I take a breathe to relax as take out my ear piece and place it on the news desk.*

'What the fuck was that?'

'The time is now 7:30pm.  Six and a half hours have passed since two explosions occurred nearby a federal building in Saratoga's state capitol of Selkirk.  As of right now the tally of casualties are 37 dead with another 91 wounded.  Selkirk's Fire Department is still going through the rubble and finding more victims as we speak so we can expect those numbers to rise throughout the night.  Our Channel 9 news team is in Selkirk right now as we await for a briefing by FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich.  Let's go to that now.'

*The news feed cuts off to a conference room in Selkirk where a man walks up behind a podium.*

'Good evening,

Earlier today an explosion rocked Selkirk, Saratoga, which was followed by a secondary explosion shortly after first responders arrived. The FBI Field Office in Selkirk immediately attended, and upon our investigation, we are now treating this as an act of terrorism.

We believe that the deliberate bombing of the federal building in the state's capital was conducted by home-grown extremists, with the intent to not only disrupt and damage public property, but to target the city's first responders. It is believed that the suspects have fled north in an attempt to flee the country and go into hiding in the remote wilderness. For this reason we are conducting searches in Alpine, Oslo, Faust, Shiloh And Tompkins counties. We are cooperating with local emergency management and law enforcement. At this time, the Governor of Saratoga has declared a shelter in place order, requiring all residents to return home and shelter in place. It is expected that the order will be lifted in counties throughout the evening as they are cleared.

At this time, the FBI is looking for 4 white males as our prime suspects. They were seen leaving the scene of the explosion in a white minivan, which has not been located since, however may have been discarded and they may be traveling in a different vehicle at this time. All suspects are over average build, and clean shaven.

If you have any information regarding this terrorist incident, or the suspects, please call our designated tip line 1-800-TIPS-FBI or send us an e-tip online at tips.fbi.gov. If you see the suspects, do not approach them, but call 911 immediately.'

*With the hourly switch from the news desk to the field I give up my seat to Kendra and go on the road to the media area placed in Clinton.  With the Clinton/Kimberly border behind me I see the camera go live and begin my statements.*

'Kendall Ross here on the Clinton/Kimberly border where behind me a few miles away we have learned that the Sheriff's Department was engaged in a shootout with several gunmen in a open lot outside a farmer's home.   We are being told all gunmen are down and several deputies are injured.  Reports of a homemade bomb behind found in a vehicle are now coming out and residents are continued to be advised, by order of the Governor and FBI, to stay away from the scene and stay in doors.  We will give updates when we have more information.'

*The camera goes off from being live and I put down my mic.*

• 3 months later...

*Usual morning on a snowy February day the news breaks to us about the shooting in Oxnard and at the Sheriff's station.*

'This just in.  We have received reports of shots being fired into a local coffee shop in Oxnard followed by shots fired at the Sheriff Department's Station in Northern Fort Shannon.  We've received words from authorities that people are to stay away from those areas for the time being.  We will have more to report on this matter as the news comes to us.'

• 1 month later...

'In other news tonight the FBI have finished their investigation on the sniping attacks against the Sheriff's Department that took place last month that killed Sheriff Stanley Brunner and wounded ERT Commissioner William Burke at a Coffee shop in Oxnard.  Then killed 2 other Deputies and wounded several others when they opened fire at the Sheriff Station in Northern Fort Shannon.  Upon the end of investigation the FBI has found that the two shooters, one of whom was killed, have links and are apart of the same Terrorist Organization of the 4 men who blew up Selkirk and got into a shootout with Deputies in Kimberly back in October.  As a response to all this information the FBI has upped it's search and have been rounding up people believed to also be apart of the same organization.'