Selkirk Bombing Incident - Shiloh County Update

K. Ross

*The sun is starting to come out.  Well, sort of, it's behind the morning clouds that formed an hour ago bringing a drizzle of rain with them.  Haven't left the Clinton Press area since I got here and now I'm piled in with a bunch of other reporters waiting to hear from some official on the updated words coming from the town next over; Kimberly.  They said it would happen at 7am which is in just a few minutes.

*The familiar Yellow SUV, liveried in the style of ERT pulls up to the area, followed closely by a black SUV. Out steps Commissioner Burke, as well as three men in Black suits, clearly feds.*

"Good morning everyone, thank you for waiting. My name is Commissioner William Burke, I'm the director for the Emergency Response Team for Shiloh County, with me this morning are FBI Special Agents McCue, Colloway, and Mugford. We had hoped to hold this conference in Kimberley, but as that is still a very much active crime scene, the FBI has chosen to continue the press staging area."

*Burke steps away, giving the space to the FBI and us time to get our microphones in place.*

"Good morning, my name is Special Agent Jonathan McCue, I'm a member of the FBI's counterterrorism task force. Last night, Shiloh County Law enforcement responded to a suspicious vehicle call in the Town of Kimberley, which ended in several explosions and gunfire. At this time we can confirm that the men involved in this incident are the suspects we were seeking for the bombing in Selkirk. At this time, the FBI has the count of 374 casaulties, with 81 having succumbed to their injuries.

"During a brief firefight, all suspects were killed and several officers sustained non life threatening injuries. The FBI has assumed command of this scene, and will be working with local and county agencies in the investigation."

*As he pauses, it's clear it is for questions. I raise my hand to ask, but have to push through the swath of men to be seen. I'm called on second.*

"Special Agent McCue, you said that officers were injured during the firefight, and that there were explosions, can you confirm if this was a planned attack on first responders?"

"It doesn't appear to have been premeditated at this time, however we are still investigating the scene to confirm this. What we do know is they were fleeing the country, in hopes to escape to the Canadian wilderness, as was confined by search warrants executed on their properties early this morning."