Walton's Pancake Parlor

Blackburn

Located on Johnson Road in Kimberly near the Shiloh/Faust County Border.

sidebar-parkersmaplebarn-1.thumb.jpg.d79f8cd8d9f7d1b3f3560f4f7fc6e058.jpg

Serving Pancakes, Waffles, and all the breakfast sides you can think of this family run pancake business has been in operation since the late 1890's.  It's eat big or go home here as they never skimp out on serving size.

• 1 month later...

White flannel jacket over a black turtleneck swear and blue jeans tucked into thigh high boots is what I'm wearing while sitting in the passenger seat of Mark's truck.   Stifling a yawn I looking out the window as  I take in the dark early morning sky.  The sun was still not up yet but neither me or Mark were doing much sleeping at his place anyways.  We figured why not go out to get some breakfast instead of going for round four.  That's what we decided on so as the clock on the dash turns to 5:33am we roll into the the Pancake Parlor's parking lot.

'It's a good thing this place opens up early'

Thankfully neither of us work today or tonight cause I'm sure we'll be sleeping the rest of the day once we get back home.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

I rest my right hand on Evelyn's knee, my other on the steering wheel with my elbow propped on the truck door. Tonight was definitely going well so far, and I didn't really see a downside. How could there be a downside to sex followed by pancakes? I mean, it sounded like a match made in heaven to me. I glance over at the clock and grimace at the time. Oh well, it wasn't like any other plans today. It'd be an easy day at the house after this.*

'That's for sure. They're a real lifesaver sometimes.'

I smile over at Evelyn and find us a parking spot, shutting the truck off. I hop out and go around to her side, opening the door and offering my hand for her to climb down.

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

As Mark parks the truck I button up my jacket and grab my purse.  Reaching for the door it suddenly opens up on me and I see Mark with a smile and a hand.

'Oh, mersi'

Taking Mark's hand with a smile I let him help me out of the truck.  Slinging my purse over my shoulder I wait for Mark to shut the door so we can walk in together.

'Yeah, I'm famished, I could eat a mountain.  Also tired, not sure how I'm able to walk properly right now.'

Realizing what I just said was probably not a good idea after what we've been doing.  Well maybe it's not that bad of idea to stroke his ego a bit.  Bumping into Mark I smile as I latch onto his shoulder.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

I chuckle, beaming widely. I had that effect on women sometimes, difficulty walking.

"Oh? You should've said something, maybe I'd've cooked you breakfast in bed." I smile and slip my arm around her waist, kissing her cheek. We walk up to the parlor entrance and I open the door for her, motioning for her to proceed on in.

"Ladies first."

We head inside and get seated, and I start to peruse the menu. "Hmm...pancakes or pancakes?"

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Well, that would've been nice but I wanted to go out'

Feel an arm go around me followed by a kiss on the cheek  I smile as we walk up to the door.  As Mark opens I nod and enter the building.

'Naturally'

Teasing a bit to his -Ladies first- comment I grin for a brief second.  When we get seated I pick up the menu and look through it though it seems the waitress wants to know what we want to drink.

'I'll have a coffee, black'

Seeing the waitress nod I go back to browsing the menu.

'Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast sounds good to me.  Actually, hmm, do they have Belgian Waffles?'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'Just water for me, thanks,' I tell the waitress. She nods and heads off and I peruse the menu, humming softly.

'I think they do,' I reply to Evelyn before flipping the page and looking.

'Yeah, they do, babe. On the back. Gotta hide their shame since this is the pancake parlor.'

I scan over the menu before settling on a country breakfast-style platter. I see the waitress start heading our way with our drinks. I thank her as she puts mine down and when she asks if we're ready to order, I look over to Evelyn to let her decide. 'I'm ready if you are.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

Checking the back of the menu as Mark brings it up I see the belgian waffle listed there.

'Well, I don't see no shame in it.'

Knowing what I want now I put down the menu just as the waitress sets our drinks on the table.  Hearing Mark as if I'm ready I give a simple nod.

'So, I'll have a belgian waffle with strawberries and whip cream on it.  Then for sides.  Two eggs, scrambled.  Bacon, and toast.  Wheat bread.'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

She nods in response to Evelyn and looks to me for my order.

'I'll have the Jim Junior breakfast platter, and can I get a glass of orange juice too?'

She heads off and I glance across the table. 'Any plans for the day? Or do I get you to myself all day?'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Well...'

Grabbing the coffee in it's mug I take a quick sip of it.

'I suppose you get me all to yourself today.'

Putting down the coffee I kind of hum as I look around the room and take in the smell of the place.  With how early it is there's not many people here at the moment and the few that are look to be regulars.  Nice atmosphere.

'So, now that you know.  What are you going to do with me?'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

I sip my water and replace the glass on the table before rubbing my face. I was tired, we definitely hadn't had much in the way of sleep.

'Well, I dunno, I didn't think I'd get this far. That said...today feels like a lazy kind of day, you know? Naps and netflix, at least for a little bit, maybe. But I am always open to suggestions if you aren't feeling nappy.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

I chuckle softly and smile.

'Maybe you should be the one promising me. But yes babygirl, I promise we'll sleep when we get back.'

After all, I hadn't initiated all three tries. I had thought sleep sounded like a great idea after the first until she put other thoughts in my mind.

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

I grin and shrug.

'I don't think I could tell you no if I wanted to.'

It was true. I was pretty well and truly whipped at this point, but I was okay with it. I liked making her happy.

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Mark Stone, are you telling me I've whipped you already?  Thought it would take a few more months for me to do that.  Where's my challenge?'

Setting down my coffee mug I smile with a smirk and then give a light laugh.  What I said was obviously a joke, maybe not a good one but a joke nonetheless.

'So then, going to buy me a Porsche?'

Might as well continue joking as I take the mug and have another sip.

'I like 911s.'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*After a Long Night with little sleep I decide to try out this rustic looking breakfast restaurant. Never eaten anywhere but home since I arrive I think it’s good to start somewhere. It’s a 30 minute drive from my house but I decide to do it. Arriving on the parking lot I see a nice farmhouse like looking building with a nice interior. I park my truck and make my way inside. As I walk towards an empty table I see a familiar face. It’s mark. I hesitate if I should say hi or not, seeing him with a girl I don’t know in which relation they have. I then decide I just say hi and move on so I walk up to their table. 
‘Hey Mark’

engine11ff.png

Firefighter Joshua Grimm
Engine 1

Badge 2102

I smile apologetically, spreading my hands.

'What can I say, I'm a sucker for a pretty face. And yours is as pretty as they come.'

I laugh as she asks about a Porsche and shake my head.

'I'd need a whole lot of convincing for that,' I chuckle. 'No time soon, in any case. I don't think I make enough money for that.'

I smile as she continues with the joke.

'That's good to know, I'll keep it in mind. Keep dreaming, maybe one day,' I laugh. I look up as Grimm approaches and give him a smile.

'Hey buddy, how are you? This is my girlfriend, Evelyn. Evelyn, this is Joshua Grimm, one of my firemen.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

• 3 weeks later...

Mark laughed, shaking his head. "No promises there. That's a real big one to make and one I can't afford, for sure."

Grimm introduces himself and then politely excuses himself, heading over to his seat.

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

Hearing no promises I pretend to pout.

'Pity'

Saying that with a straight face doesn't last long as I quickly break into a smirk.  Then a smile comes to my face as the waitress brings us our food.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

I smile and chuckle softly at her pout. I shake my head as she breaks into a smirk and look up as the waitress arrives. I thank her as she drops our food off and disappears.

"Damn, this looks really good."

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Sure does'

Grabbing the syrup I pour some of it onto the whipped cream and strawberry covered waffles.  Putting the syrup back down I push it towards Mark so he can use it.  Picking up a piece of bacon I take a bite and chew before swallowing.

'Bacon is really good.'

Taking another bite I finish off the bacon while I unwrap the silverware so I work on the belgian waffle.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

I pick up the syrup and pour it over my pancakes before setting it back on the counter. I pick up my fork and dig in, nodding appreciatively.

'It's all pretty good, seems like. Damn, I should've found this place sooner.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909