Office of the Director of Communications

H. Goodricht

• 1 month later...

*Sitting down at my table, I see the intercom light up for the shift super, and then within five seconds, the line is dead again. That was Burke. No doubt.*

'Hey, what was that all about?' I call out as I walk over.

'Burke. He wants to know who gets hanged for the shit show at the labour dispute. Press are eating the sheriffs alive. That's two departments now. I think he's worried we'll be next.'

'We'll be fine, you keep your men and women in line and there will be nothing to worry about.'

'You say that, but the media lately, they're savages.'

'Just make sure to keep our side flowing well, there's only so much you can do from here anyways.'

• 4 weeks later...

*After having heard the rumors for the night, I type up a quick email and send it off to my point of contact at the county communications center.*

"Good evening Director,

I am looking for any information you can release concerning the events that transpired tonight at the Kimberly Lumber Mill. In particular, I am looking for an incident time summary. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sean Franklin

Investigative Reporter"

Sean Franklin

*Incoming Mail. A reporter. Jesus. I'm not that kind of communications.*

"Sean,

As of right now, we can release the following information.

An automatic fire alarm was activated and the ERT was notified at 10:14. Kimberley Volunteer Fire was dispatched at the same time. First units arrived on scene at 10:21 and reported a minor fire, no additional needed. KVFR responded with Engine, Rescue, Tanker, Chief 1 and 2, as well as Utility 1 and 2. 

At 13:56 a call for commercial structure fire was made, and ERT activated Shiloh County Fire Department for response. Tanker task force was sent, as well as engines from 3 stations. At 14:02 a Mayday was called from incident command for two firefighters. ERT activated additional EMS units at this time, as well as resources from county emergency management. 

At 14:38, ERT assumed command of the incident and maintained command until an all clear had been issued and response was scaled back at 01:41. Units are still on scene right now, working on hotspots and overhaul.

Please send any further inquiries through to media@ert.gov, as I will be unable to provide further information than this, at this time."

*As I finish typing, I blind copy the press guy, as well as Burke, and the rest of the command brass here. This is our champion shit disturber, so they should be aware.*