Suspicious Delievery

M. Price

((3+ SHERIFF UNITS, SUSPICIOUS PERSON, 276 Kensington Ave, Ft. Shannon.  TIME: 16:23))

'911, where's your emergency?'

'276 Kensington Ave, Ft. Shannon'

'What's your emergency?'

'There's a man walking around the block dressed like he's from UPS and carrying a large packing envelope.  At first I thought he was just delieving mail and keeps getting the wrong house but he keeps looking into windows and I don't see a UPS truck nearby either.'

'Alright, I'm sending help, can you describe the man in more detail?'

'Like, he's tall, maybe 6', big build but not muscular, thick facial hair and light skinned.  Might be in his late 30s or so.'

'Thanks for the info, the Sheriff's Department is on it's way to investigate.'

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

*I hear the call go out and nobody is picking it up.*

"220 Patrol supervisor, Show me going to the suspicious person in the heights"

*I flick my lights on to do a u turn and just as quickly turn them back off.*

"County can you try and get me an additional?"

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2049

Leaving the courthouse, I hear my phone ring. I take it out of my pocket and see ERT on the caller ID. 

"Wagner." I answer

"Deputy Wagner, are you able to respond to a call for service?"

"I'm just leaving the courthouse, I'm in plain clothes."

"220 is requesting assistance at276 Kensington Ave. Suspicious person."

"I have my badge and weapon, I can take it if no others are available."

"Affirmative, we'll show you responding."

I hand the phone up and put it back into my pocket, walking out to the unit, I open the trunk and go through the gear locker to get my equipment. I pull out a pistol and holster it on my belt, pull a pair of cuffs off my belt and clip them into the small of my back, and then flip open my badge wallet  to hang around my neck on the chain. I undo my tie and take that off, leaving the top button open and then grab my vest and toss that in the front seat. Turning on the key, I hear everthing chirp to life.

"ERT, 302 going to respond to the area. Is this a priority response?"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department 
Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*relishing the fact i have air conditing i hear the call go out for a suspicious person not doing much of anything but waving a radar gun in a schoolzone from the car i key up as i stow the gun * "county from 215,mark me responding" *releasing the mic i leave my parking spot and start a ride on down unsure if i need to fly there or not  my lights and sirens are off  for now*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

*I see a person wearing a UPS uniform walking but don't see a truck. I roll past him.*

"220 got him spotted. He's not doing anything now but lets keep an eye on him."

*I go a block down and pop a u turn and park while keeping him in my field of vision*

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

*As I was giving myself a quick tour of the city, I notice the strange person in the UPS uniform, grabbing my radio after turning left and parking in the nearest parking lot to a store.*

"202, spotted him walking down the street... at an extremely late time for a delivery person..." 

*I'd put the radio back where it was and get out of the parking lot, and go back on her self-given tour of the city*

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Badge 2205

Hearing the eyes on a UPS driver, I park my car on the side of the road in his expected travel path. Unmarked detective units have the added advantage of being even less overt than an unmarked. 

"ERT, 302 has eyes as well. I'm parked nearby."

Parking nearby I get a better look at him. I take out my phone and put it up to my ear, taking a photo as he walks by. I fake talking to someone, in case he looks my way. I notice him approaching a doorway, checks a knob and opens the door, looking over his shoulders. Hmm, I didn't know UPS offered white glove service on envelopes.

"220, you have eyes on that?"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

Walking over to the door, I case the place to make sure there's nothing out of place. Looking behind me I see the sergeant pull up. I place my hand on my holster and look back for confirmation we're ready to enter. 

"Cover me?" I say, knowing we've got roving units and I don't have a radio.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*I pull up and see Jerry at the door. I open the door as I slam the truck into park. Getting out Jerry puts his hand on his gun*

"Cover me?"

'I'm ready on you.'

"220 Be advised we have the perp entering the building at 254 Kensington. I have a plainclothes officer entering the building. Can I get all units assigned to this job to respond to my location."

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

"220 Be advised we have the perp entering the building at 254 Kensington. I have a plainclothes officer entering the building. Can I get all units assigned to this job to respond to my location."

"10-4, 201, 202 and 215 Respond to 254 Kensington to back 220 and 302. Be advised there are plainclothes officers in the area."

Lieutenant Charles Aylward
Shiloh County ERT Communications Dispatch Supervisor
Badge 1663

“202, show me responding to the suspicious person”

*I'd pull a quick U-turn and head over, parking with the other cars and getting out of the car and speed walking over, hearing sirens in the distance, assuming its 215 driving to the scene, as I felt the hot breeze flowing through*

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Badge 2205

Opening the door, I walk into the house. 

"Sheriff's Department! Make yourself known!" Waiting to draw my weapon, just in case there is a child or something in here. "Sheriff's Department!" 

We make our way into the hallway and hear a shuffle from the far end of the house, we obviously startled someone. 

"SHERIFF, STAY WHERE YOU ARE!" I yell, moving with purpose down the hall with the sergeant on my six. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*I follow behind Jerry as he starts clearing the house, My gun in the low ready position.*

'Sheriffs department Call out!'

*I say as I follow Jerry closely. I see the back door close and a brown blur through the window.*

'Jerry, Back door!'

*We both make our way to the back door and see the perp jump over a fence.*

"220 to responding units hes going north through the back yards Can I get a unit to North 8th St and Kensington. Watch the fence lines"

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

I'd quickly head over to my car and get in and start the engine, quickly going onto the radio, hearing the engine roar, as I turned to Kensington, I went onto the radio.
"202, I'm turning onto Kensington."
As I watched the fence lines as I paid attention to the road, I saw the perp jumping over the fence, I'd quickly get back onto the radio.

"202, Got the perp coming over the fence heading east. I'm on foot."

I'd quickly get the car into park and get out and start chasing them down.

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Badge 2205

*Me and Jerry get out to the backyard and start see disruption headed south. We start scaling the backyard fence, We drop down into the next yard and a confused family having a bbq stares at us for a brief moment.*

'He went that way!'

*A woman screams as she points to the next fence. Jerry and I run through and scale another fence. The yard is clear. Rinse and repeat. We scale the next fence and drop down onto the sidewalk, I see the marked tahoe and the New girl running down the street after our UPS worker. I unholster my gun and follow them*

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

"Jerry Back door!"

Jesus Christ.

"SHERIFF! STOP!" I say, bolting out the door towards the fence and start the scaling. At least the 2x4s are on this side, making the scaling a little easier. 

Crashing someone's family BBQ for the second time, we garner a little more of a reaction than a fleeing UPS member, given we're both armed. When they recognize law enforcement, a woman points us the right way. Bruno continues hopping fences, but given my outfit, I'm not dressed for this. I draw my weapon and run to the street, hoping the unobstructed path will help me gain on him. 

Looking up, I see the marked Tahoe and the new girl chasing him. I take off at full speed, which mind you isn't that fast, and try to catch up. My fenceless path did give me the added advantage of speed, and let me gain much more ground than our perp. I'm only around 10 feet away. 

"SHERIFF! FUCKING STOP OR I SHOOT!" I'm pretty sure I can't actually do that. I say, raising my gun. That's enough for him to turn back to call my bluff, and with no clear sight of his feet in front of him, he trips and goes flying. I holster my weapon as I gain on him, ready to throw every pound of myself on him to keep him down. Fucker made me run. I don't like running.

"ON HIM! DON'T LET HIM UP!" I shout as I get closer to the two, hoping Diaz makes sure he doesn't get away.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

Naturally, I had started canvassing the opposite direction of where the perp actually was. It was just my luck. So of course, when they called out the foot chase, I had to turn around and hustle back to the others. I turn the corner as I see Jerry getting ready to tackle the perp. Good man. I cut my siren and throw the car into park as I pull up, jumping out.

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

Since the perp had tripped, I was able to catch up. I'd grab my handcuffs from one of my belt pockets and quickly got over to the perp before he could get up and knelt down, feeling the concrete of the sidewalk hit my knees. I'd put the perp's hands behind his back and cuff him, and started searching him for anything, and finished after around a minute, and getting his ID to run it. 

'Get on your feet.'

I'd also grab the perp's right arm and get a grip on it, so he couldn't run off. After he got back up, I'd guide him to the backseat of my car and put him inside, closing the door afterwards, and went in the front of the car to run his ID.

*The perp's ID came back, it read that he had a warrant out on him*

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Badge 2205

*As we get up from this Diaz walks the perp over to the Tahoe. I stand by the open drivers door as she runs the name. It comes back with a warrant for failure to appear. I see 201 roll up*

'Good work, Diaz Great first day.'

"220 Patrol supervisor, Show us clearing with 202 with one under. Thank the units for the back, Especially 201"

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

As Diaz arrests him and brings him back to the back seat, I catch my breath and readjust myself. Business casual is not foot pursuit casual. I check everything and see the outstanding warrant, meaning we got a good bust, if nothing else. 

I readjust myself and move towards 201. He might not've joined until the end, but now he can drive my beat ass back to the detective car.

"O'Reilly. I'm parked in front of the house up the road. Give me a run up to the unmarked. I've had more than enough running for a court day."

Once we're in the car and start moving, I grab his console mic and key up. 

"ERT, 302 is returning to station from scene, I'll be out of service unless you've got additional assignments."

I pause for a second, hoping the remark doesn't earn me a door knocking duty or something, and when satisfied that we're all done with Plainclothes Jerry, I hang the mic back in place.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*I'd put my self belt on and grab my radio from the clip, and started speaking into it.*

"202, I'm going to clear with one, going to booking."

I'd put the radio back onto the clip and start driving.

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Badge 2205