Last Call

M. Price

((At least 2 Sheriff Units, Lucky Irish Bar & Grill, 981 North 5th Street in Ft. Shannon, Drunk Patron refusing to leave.  Time: 14:57))

Another call comes in.

'911, where's your emergency?'

'Yeah, hello, this is the Lucky Irish Bar & Grill, 981 North 5th Street in Ft. Shannon'

'What's your emergency?'

'We have a drunk patron here who came in at opening time at 10am.  He drank so much in 3 hours that we had to cut him off an hour ago.  Now he's getting irritable and won't leave.'

'Is he armed?'

'No, just fucking drunk'

'Alright, stay on the line as I dispatch the Sheriff's department'

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* i havent done  much of anything but paperwork im finally on the road and  i notice nobodys picked this up so i key up as i pull the charger outta the lot flipping the lights on just to scatter traffic* 'dispatch, mark 207 on the drunk call" *releasing the mic i start heading that way its that irish joint luckys  ive only been once maybe twice  hopefully our drunks not destroyed the place*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2024

"Control, 211, in response, code 2," I say after hearing the callout over the radio. I switch on my lights and hit my siren a couple times so that I can get out of the parking lot I'm currently sitting in, then head off down the road, using the lights whenever there's a traffic light or something. I key my radio again and say, "Control, 211, is the subject violent?"

sd211dep.png

Deputy Edward J. Richardson
Unit 211

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2202

"211 copies," I reply after hearing Dispatch's response regarding the irritable but no armed suspect. I continue driving, using sirens when needed. After around 8 minutes of driving I am near the bar. When I pull up I park in the street out front and turn my lights off. "Control, 211 is on scene. I'll be in the bar."

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

*so the new voice beat me to the bar,ok pulling up by his SUV i step out keying my portable* " 207's out as well dispatch" * releaseing the mic a few of the smokers that hang near the building give me a nod* "callen,off the clock early man?' * the taller one speaks  as he spits into a cup hes holding ,no doubt its his chew and hes just outside cause he knows the other few near him* ' i wish ralph,wheres the problem customer, somebody called  911' Ralph :' oh shit,they actually called ok well ive been outside so i dont know shit,think that other deputy just entered though,me and moe and such  here will stay outta you guys's way' * i nod in thanks then enter to find 211 curious with just what the situation is approching 211 i intruduce myself* ' havent seen you before,im cal,what do we got?'

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2024

I walk into the bar and look around to see what I can see. Just as I walk in I can see the lights of another unit outside. As I walk towards the bar, I say to an employee, 'Hey. Who's causing problems?' I turn as the other Deputy enters and say, 'I'm Ed. Just trying to find out from this gentleman, here."

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

*I'd walk inside as well, following the other deputies, looking down at the ground as I walked inside, hearing the smokers talking to one of the other deputies, once I got into the bar I quietly let out my breath after the door closed, then catching up to the other deputies.* 

sd201dep.png

Deputy Amber Diaz
Unit 201

Badge 2205

After introducing myself, I turn back to the waiter, who says, 'Well Officer, this guy over here's had beyond enough to drink, and he's getting rather testy with us.' After taking in this information, I walk over to the stool where the subject is seated. He's the picture of inebriated man -- red face, drinks splashed on his clothes, babbling about who knows what to whoever will or will not listen. 'Hey man, what's going on? You live near here?' I ask.

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

• 2 weeks later...

'C'mon bartendah, giv meh anuther beeh! I'mma loya an pay'n cusumer!'

Banging my fist on the counter this is so annoying.  Been here several hours since they opened this morning and now they're refusing to give me another drink the past hour or so.  Seriously what is wrong with them!  I've got money, I'm a paying customer.  They can't refuse me like this!

'Hey man, what's going on? You live near here?'

Turning my head to the voice I see hope, finally!

'Officah! Gud yurr hera.  Tehy wun't giv meh anudder drink an I'mma payin cusumer, yuh kno!  Till em to giv me a Hanuken.  I've gut monah, is gud monay an tey kno I'll pay up!'

Slapping my hand on the counter again I look back at the bartender.  I want my drink!

Chris Dawson drinks too much

Inwardly sighing, but still a tad amused, I reply with something of a grin, 'They won't give you another beer? Oh, well maybe they've run out of them. Why don't we go outside man?' If I can get the guy outside the bar, I can at least try to get him to understand without the inevitable earsplitting hubbub of the building.

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

'Tha gal gut a beer, tha guy gut wheskey, tey ovah tere gut shots.  An tha grup es nuw gitt'n surved beeh!  How kin they be out.  The jus dun wanna surv me no mure but I pay thim!'

Looking back to the officer with a frown now it doesn't seem like he is going to help me here.

'Ar yah nut gohna help meh or wha?'

Well, that didn't quite work. Still some options here, though. "Yeah, well maybe they ordered first or something. How about we go outside and chat about it? It looks like you've already had a good amount of beer."

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

'Course I had gud amount a beeh an I wan more an I bin ordah'n beefoh tem all cuz I bin ordah'n since I gut hear tis morn'n.  Dun you tink dey shud surv meh furst?'

Outside, outside, again he asks to go outside.  Why do we need to go outside when they can just give me another beer.  I slap the counter top again.

'Anudder beeh bahtendah!'

"Well maybe you've had enough man, I think that's maybe why they aren't giving it to you." I reply, before continuing, "You probably should go home for now. No point in staying if they aren't giving you more beer."

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

'Well I dun tink I've hed enoff, I tink I wan more buh meybe yere right.  If tey ain't gonah giv meh more I shud tahck meh bisnezz sumwere dat will.'

Taking that opinion in account I slap the counter one more time to let the bar know my displeasure with them as I slip off the stool and stand up wobbling quite a bit but I'm good.

I sigh and roll my eyes behind the drunk's back, and right the chairs he knocks over as he stumbles towards the door. 'Hey man, let's just go outside, okay? Just keep on heading for the door.' I continue to walk behind him.

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

'Owtside?  Dat's wherh I'm gohing!'

I respond while crashing into the door.  Stumbling backwards I grab the door handle to stay up right and pull it open.  Bumping into the door again with my shoulder I stumble outside and then make my way to the next bar.

I follow the man and enter the bar behind him. I walk over to an employee and say, 'Hey, I just kicked this gentleman here out of the place down the street. He's pretty drunk. Do you want him here or should I take him out?'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

Annoyed that I'm not getting a drink here either I want to slap the counter but don't.  The officer wants me to go home now but I still want more drinks.  Groaning I stand up and face the officer.

'Luk, eff yuh wan meh tah goh hume tin cull meh a texi utterwiz yuh goh hume'

I say to him as I wave a finger at him and poke him in the badge with it.