Stolen Sidewalk Plow

A. Tai

Available Sheriff Units. Area of Fort Shannon North River Near River, BOLO Fort Shannon City Sidewalk Plow, reported stolen from Harborside Park. Please respond

BOLO Fort Shannon City Sidewalk Plow. White Male, Grey hat, black jacket, stolen. Last known from Harborside Park, headed along River. Vehicle Orange MT7 Sidewalk Plow, Amber/Blue flashing lights, plow blade and salt spreader. 

"911, what is the location of your emergency?"

"Hi, it's Jim Anders from Fort Shannon Public Works, we've got a stolen sidewalk plow, just left harborside park."

"Okay Jim, are you at the park now?"

"No, our operator went in to the washroom, and when he came out, he saw his plow heading along the river away from him. A guy in a black jacket and grey hat took it."

"Okay, you're at the admin building?"

"Yes."

"Do you have AVL on your plows?"

"Plows yes, not sidewalk machines."

"Okay. What's the make model of the plow?"

"Uh, it's an MT7, orange, just like a plow salt spreader combo. Unit 4578. Um... I guess it's got flashing lights?"

"Amber and Blue?"

"Yeah, orange and blue."

"Okay, and just confirm your contact information for me Jim, and if you have it, the information for your operator."

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

'BOLO Fort Shannon City Sidewalk Plow. White Male, Grey hat, black jacket, stolen. Last known from Harborside Park, headed along River. Vehicle Orange MT7 Sidewalk Plow, Amber/Blue flashing lights, plow blade and salt spreader.'

*hearing the traffic over my radio and not making it quite into southern Ft shannon yet due to traffic, I grab my car mic and key up*

"ERT 204 copies BOLO, Do we have a direction of travel from where the plow was taken?" 

*releasing my push to talk I place the mic back on to its holder and start heading towards Harborside Park* 

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2204

"ERT 204 copies BOLO, Do we have a direction of travel from where the plow was taken?" 

Along the river, and given they left harborside park, I'm hoping to all that is holy, they went west. Otherwise it's a water rescue and that's just a whole thing.

"204, ERT. Caller reported left Harbor park and headed along the river. Direction would be East."

I debate querying the supervisor if we should send a notice to the water rescue team to assemble, just in case. 

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

* after roll call and a change to a short sleeve class b uniform i key up as i leave the station* “ county,from 203 rolling to the park to assist” i release the cars PTT and start making my way to our stolen plow*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2024