[TW] Overnight Overtime Tour

J. Scott

Alternate title: Scott & Caldwell's Crappy Adventure

Season: Summer

Friday Night

It's so weird being here at the station this late. I'm usually headed home right now, its so eerie to be here at this hour. I walk into the parade room, and see a couple familiar faces (most of whom I've never said more than a few words to), and quite a few faces I've never seen before. This is the night tour.

I take a seat, waiting for Caldwell to arrive. 

'Hey....Jaydon, right?' one of the night deputies walks up to me. His face looks familiar. It suddenly hits me. Hey, I went to the academy with him.

'Hey man!' I say to him. I take a peak at his name tag as I can't remember his name. Sanders. Sanders...Sanders....oh shit. Pete Sanders!

'What's going on Pete?' I say shaking his hand.

'Well I'd ask you the same. Didn't think I'd see you here working nights.' he says to me.

'Yeah, well overtime is really tight right now for some reason so I had to jump on what I could get.' I say to him in reply.

'Yeah, no kidding. It's been brutal.' he says in agreement. 

A small female deputy comes up behind Pete, and touches his shoulder. He turns around a bit. I get a good look at her...holy shit! That's her...

'Hey, I got your stuff over where I'm sitting.' she says to him, gesturing towards another part of the room.

'Oh, hey thanks.' he says to her. 'Hey, Gomez, this is Jaydon, he and I went through academy together.' he tells her introducing me.

'Hey' she says with a semi-serious face. She tells Pete something I can't really make out in the loud room and then has a seat elsewhere in the room.

'Dude...she looks like...' I start saying....

'Yeah...Michelle Rodriguez from the movie SWAT. Don't say that to her face though. She fucking hates it.' he says cutting me off.

Caldwell sneaks in through the door to the parade room. Just as he does so, the night tour Lieutenant calls everyone to order. Everyone finds a seat, Caldwell sits next to me.

'Good evening everybody. As you are all aware, we've had an upsurge in gang violence as of late. Word is that White Fences and the Delmore boys shot each other up last night, killing 2. I suspect there's going to be a big chance of retaliation tonight, so keep your eyes peeled. These guys are out for blood, so stay vigilant out there.'

*He begins to read off assignments.*

....201 Ft. Shannon

[name I don't recognize] and [name I don't recognize], 202 Ft. Shannon

....the list goes on...

[name I don't recognize] and [name I don't recognize], 210 Delmore

...Sanders & Gomez, 214 Delmore.

Caldwell and Scott, 215, Delmore.

*He continues to list names, units, and locations until he finishes it*

'That's it folks. Have a good tour and stay safe out there.' he concludes. Everyone gets up and heads out towards their cars.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1871

'You know this shift is blood money' *I say as I get my patrol bag off the floor and head to the armory to sign out long arms*

'Its Friday, its a goddamn full moon and were in fucking Delmore during a gang war. Why the fuck do I ever listen to you?'

*As I sign out the long arms I give the AR to Scott. I hear the radio start up with the nonsense that were going to be responding to*

"Holding 5 jobs, Can I get a Delmore unit to respond"

"215 What are you holding?"

"215 I got a noise complaint, A past robbery, harassment of a cable company crew and 2 MVAs property only."

'So does Delmore not have any units out?'

'You must be new to nights' *Says a deputy who I've only seen in passing*

'Delmore only puts out 6 cars on nights including the one thats on a fixed post at the hospital. And they ride solo on graveyards so one gun run and the whole shift is there. If it wasn't for us that city would be like the purge' 

"215 put me on that harassment of the cable company crew"

"10-4 541 Eisenhower "

*She says as we walk out the parking lot. She puts her shotgun on the roof of 214 as Me and Scott put our shit in the backseat of our Crown Vic. As both lean into the car.*

'Is that that new girl you were talking about? I know it sounds crazy but she looks exactly like Michelle Rodriguez in SWAT, Ever see that movie?'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1316

'Yeah, that's her. I hear she get's really flattered when people tell her how much she looks like Michelle Rodriguez.' I say, holding back a smile.

'Come on Mike. Look alive. It's just an overtime shift. Same shit different day. You and I both know we're both broke asses and need the extra cash. I got a really good feeling that this shit's going to be easy money.'

'I mean, it's 5 Delmore cars, plus 3 of ours. The chances of us actually having to do serious work tonight is slim. I can feel it. Maybe a public intox or two, and if we're lucky we'll pick up the pieces of a fight that's long over. Nothing.' I say as I do a walk around of the car.

'Here I'll even make it up to you. You do the driving, and I'll take care of all the bullshit paperwork and stuff. What'd ya say?'

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

*I groan as we get into the car.*

'Easy money my ass,  we got to go handle that asshole harassing the cable guy. God knows how long that will take.'

*I put the car in reverse and back out of the parking spot.*

"215 responding to the harassment call"

'I mean shes hot but do you really want to be messing around with some one that your gonna see everyday. I mean here's the thing if it goes to shit you see her every day. And no offense but your long term game is shit. You really want to risk everyone knowing everything. I mean if you want to do it then go for it but think about it'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

I'm seated in the car comfortably, we start to drive off.

'First off...fuck you...second off...I'm not going to do anything. Hooking up at work is like inbreeding, and I'm not really into that shit. Plus I've heard she's a real ball buster.' I say.

We drive off to the scene of the call. We pull down the narrow street. It's residential, ghetto, typical Delmore. Cars line both sides of the street, only one car can get by at a time. As we near the address we see a Cable Van parked a few houses before the address. A man dressed in a cable company uniform steps out of the van as we pull up. By some miracle, there's a small parking spot next to the van.

I guess we don't have to block the street after all. Anything to not piss off the natives.

As we pull in I get on the mic:

'215 on scene with R.P. at 541 Eisenhower.'

'215 copy.' The radio replies.

'Let's show them some of our award winning customer service shall we?' I say to Caldwell as we open our doors to get out.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

'Hey you still coming to that brunch thing with me and Jenna? She has this friend that is single and a solid 7. I think you may get along.'

*We step out of the car and walk over to the cable guy, A middle age man in his late 40s*

'Evening sir what's going on?'

'That guy in 541 came over to me and said if I don't give him starz and showtime for free hes going to have his boys over here. I tried explaining to him that we haven't been able to do that in 20 years even if I wanted to, but he won't listen. He thinks I have the channels in the back of the van...'

*He looks over at the house and a man stumbles onto the porch.*

'And I want HBO too motherfucker!'

'Go back inside your house sir, You can't get drunk and threaten the cable guy.'

'Man fuck you! Know what!'

*The "Customer" walks back inside his house and returns with a box with wires protruding from it.*

'Fuck cable, If he ain't gon give me those channels I don't want this shit no more.'

*He screams as he throws the cable box in the direction at us and hits the side of the cable van, he screams more obscenities. I look at Scott and sigh.*

'I guess we have to do something now.'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

Well shit

'I guess so.' I say in reply.

'Man, what the hell?' the cable guy replies In disbelief.

'Just stay here, while we deal with this guy okay, sir?' I say as we head over towards the house.

'And fuck you too.' the "customer" says as he turns around and heads back into his house, leaving the front door open.

I shoot Caldwell a look, as if to say: Is he fucking serious right now?

We get up to his porch and stop at the open door. He's sitting in a chair on the opposite side of the room. We can see him clearly through the open front door.

'Sir, come on out and talk with us.' I say in a diplomatic voice.

'Fuck you. I ain't goin' out there. You're just going to haff to come in here.' he replies. He's slightly intoxicated.

I look over at Caldwell and say quietly to him:

'Is that an invite in?'

'That's an invite in.' he replies.

*We enter the house. The man gets up and starts coming towards us.*

'The fuck you doin'?' he says angrily

'Sir, we're just here to talk to you about you harassing the cable guy.' Caldwell tells him calmly.

The man stops. He gets angry, and throws his arms in the air.

'Man I ain't harassing no one. He's a lying sack of shit. I got my cable already, I don't need a fucking cable man.' he says angrily pointing to the empty spot next to his TV where his cable box used to be.

*I can smell booze*

'Sir you just threw your cable box at the cable van.' Caldwell tells him.

'Shut the fuck up, you a lyin' asshole too.' the suspect replies angrily.

'Look man, this can go one of two ways. It's really up to you.' Caldwell tell the man, obviously on his last bit of patience.

'You got a lot of nerve coming up in here.' the suspect says threateningly as he approached Caldwell.

'Back the fuck up or I will shoot you!' Caldwell says as he puts his hand out to stop the suspect's angry approach.

The suspect stops but continues to hurl verbal responses.

'I didn't harass no one. You the ones harassing me!' he says getting angrier. His arms flying through the air.

'Listen sir, if you're going to be drinking you need to just stay inside so you won't be getting into trouble.'

'you shut the fuck up too you little bitch.' he says to me directly.

The difference between Caldwell and I is this: Caldwell has very little patience...I have none for this guy.

'You need to calm the fuck down' I say, having lost any semblance of patience.

'Who the fuck you think you are?' he shouts back at me.

He cuts me off before I can reply.

'You ain't shit! In fact, you're lower than shit. Without that badge and gun you're just a little bitch. You're just some white trash inbred muscle headed mother fucker. You're a little bitch.' he says taunting me.

That's fucking it, I've had it with this dude.

'Little bitch? You wanna throw down? Is that what you want?' I say puffing my chest out and approaching him, now enraged myself.

'Bitch I can kick your ass till next Sunday' he says now puffing out his chest.

*Caldwell partially steps in front of me, trying to block me a bit.*

'Oh yeah, then let's see it' I say in retaliation as Caldwells body partially blocks me.

'If I beat your ass will you fucking leave my house?' he asks, preparing to fight.

'Hell no we won't leave...but you called me out, man! Now I'm calling you out! Let's see what you got.' I yell back to him.

'If you kick my ass, I'll put them handcuffs on my damn self' he says as he takes his shirt off, revealing a tatted body and a dirty white wife beater.

I take off my duty belt and watch and hand it to Caldwell.

'Get the door' I say to Caldwell asking him to close the front door so no one outside sees what's about to go down.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

*As I attempt to get Scott to back down I realize that nothing I say or do is going to work. He hands me his duty belt and I close the door.*

'Not this shit again' I say to myself as I close the door while the cable guy stands across the street staring in confusion

*As I turn around they start to square up. Scott takes a boxers stance as the former cable subscriber charges, Scott goes low and grapples him as he gets a few rib shots in. Scott pushes him into the counter he loses his balance but still manages to get a few shots in.*

'This shits crazy' I say giddily to nobody in particular

*He pushes Scott off of him and attempts to punch him in the head which Scott guards against. He attempts to overwhelm him but Scott pushes him against the kitchen table knocking what looks to be several days worth of dirty dishes as well as several liquor bottles on the floor. Scott gets a few punches in before knocking them both to the floor. He gets a few punches in on the floor.*

'Fuck him up! Fucking kick his ass!' I say louder then I should but this is getting good.

*He attempts to choke him but Scott gets out of the hold and gets back to his feet kicking him several times. As he gets up I can tell he winded but attempts one more charge. Scott grapples him and pins him against the wall. In the process the china cabinet falls making a shattering noise. He breaks loose again but scott pins him against the wall even harder. I can see Scott is getting pissed, almost enraged. With all of Scott's strength he throws him against a wall, putting a large hole in the wall and lands a few gut shots.*

'Thats what you get when you fuck with the police.' I say to nobody in particular

*Scott gets a few more shots in*

'Take him, Take that motherfucker!'

*He puts his arms up.*

'Aight, You win.'  He says in defeat

'Give me my cuffs'

*I toss a set of stainless cuffs out of the pouch on his belt. I toss them to him and he catches them and drops them in front of the perp.*

'You know what to do with them, bitch'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

I walk back,  to Caldwell and give him a side hug.

'Well fucking done' he tells me quietly as he hands me my belt and watch. As I put them on, Caldwell walks over to the suspect who's still leaning into the giant hole in the wall.

'Alright let's go.' Caldwell tells him as he stands him up and turns him around. The suspect doesn't resist. He's been beat, and he knows it.

Caldwell cuffs the suspect. I watch, dabbing the corner of my mouth to see if there's blood.

I'll give it to him..he got a few good shots in.

Suspect is cuffed, I pick up my cuffs from the floor.

'Can't even cuff your damn self.' I let out as I pick them up.

I pick up my handheld.

'215 we have 1 in custody.' 

Caldwell starts searching the perp while I clean myself up and straighten up my uniform.

Once he's done we walk out with the perp. Caldwell puts him in the car while I take a statement from the cable guy, take a picture of the damage to the van, and finish up our business. I'm starting to hurt a little from the fight, but I suppress it. I give the cable guy the report number and he leaves the scene in the dented cable van.

Caldwell starts the car up, signalling it's time to get moving.

I get into the car and fall into the seat. I close the door behind me.

'Well, we're off to a great start.' I say sarcastically as I collapse back into my seat.

We start driving off.

I have a feeling that I'll be eating my own words more than once tonight.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

• 4 weeks later...

*Scott collapses in the front seat of the car as I pull off. After we drop our perp off at arrest processing, I run to the station vending machine to grab a Snapple.*

'Scott: 215 show us responding to the street race'

What the fuck? I thought you said tonight would be an easy shift

Scott:  'Dude calm down we show up and scare some street racers off and we pretend to chase them out. Easy Peasy'

*We walk back outside and I start driving to the marine terminal. We arrive in a few minutes and Kill the headlights. From a few blocks away I can see there's some sort of activity.*

"215 on scene." *I say into the cars mobile radio*

'Lets have some fun with this.'

*I run parallel down a few blocks where there are a few getting ready for the race.*

'You ready?'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'Lets do this' I say excitedly.

I see the cars in the distance. I can make out one of them as a white Honda Civic.

'See. This is the shit I don't get. Why. The. Fuck. Is the Honda Civic like the Rice burner of choice?' I say as we wait.

'Like...ooohhhh look...a shitty $20,000 car that I can add another $20,000 of shit to to make it a street beast. I just don't get it....Put all the fucking time and money you'd spend in modding the ever living shit out of that cheap-ass P.O.S. and put it towards something fucking decent.' I say annoyed.

'Look at that shit. Stereotypical...Fucking white honda civic...2 inches from the ground....fucking neon green underglow...and the obligatory spoiler. I mean the Rims and light package that dudes got is probably half the value of that damn thing.' I say laughing slightly.

I look over at Caldwell.

'On a scale from 1 to Jackie Chan...how asian do you think that dude is?' I say with a smile.

Radio: "Dispatch, 214 is in the area of the Marine Terminal. Show us responding to that location to back 215."

'Well let's get this party started before we gotta share.' I say.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

'Asian?'

*I say with a chuckle*

'I bet  you a lunch at that fancy place in north river that. dude is some white kid from Oxnard who saw fast and furious way too many times. So on that scale I want to say the dad from modern family. But that means we found our target. The only thing that weeaboo is going to be concerned about is how to clean human feces out of a fur suit.'

*I want to hype myself up so I pull up spotify on my phone and start the song Black Betty. Playing through my phones speaker since were in an ancient crown vic with nothing but an AM/FM radio. I floor the gas and hit the lights as I pull into the meeting point. The racers start scattering the roaches in a hood white castle, I eye a skinny white kid make a bee line for the civic narrowly avoiding tripping over himself.*

'Just like a wolf hunts an autistic child in the forest. Run the plate I want to see where he lives.'

*He gets into the car and drives off I follow him as I turn on the siren to priority*

'Holy shit he has an I ❤️ Anime' bumper sticker.'

He starts driving to get away, the driving could be best compared to a 90 year old woman whos overdosing on herion. This kid cannot control his car after weaving past a truck he cuts off down a side street. I over shoot the street and try to correct the car. Unfortunately its to late and I feel the car's front wheels jump the curb and then feel a sharp jolt as the car's front bumper slams into a stop sign. Out of the corner of my eye I can see the civic come to a near stop as he presumably looks at our car halfway on the sidewalk with a stop sign wedged under it. I hear him scream out the window in a nasally voice.*

'FUCK THE POLICE!!!!!'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'Yeah...you're probably right.' I say in agreement.

'Wait.... ' I look at Caldwell as I pause.

'Did you just make a Modern Family reference?' I ask with a big grin on my face.

'What?' Caldwell say back to me defensively.

'Oh. My. Fucking. God. You watch Modern Family."
*The Grin on my face gets bigger*
'Please fucking tell me that Jen makes you watch it.' I say starring directly at him.

'It's actually not a bad show...' Caldwell starts to defend himself.

'OH MY GOD...*LOUD GAGGING NOISE*' I say, exaggerating my disapproval.

'...and...AND....that one girl is pretty hot.' he says in his defense.

I pause. '...Okay. I'll give you that one...but seriously? Modern family? Isn't that targeted towards like...old people and the gay community?' I say not letting up.

'Alright...alright...you made your opinion clear' Caldwell says getting a little annoyed starting to mess with his music.

He blasts the music from his phone to end the conversation.

As we pull up to the meeting point everyone starts to scatter.

'Well look at that. Fucking roaches...' I say.
I notice the skinny white kid running towards the civic.
'Well, I'll be damned. Good call there partner. Kid looks like he's rollin wit dat upper middle class thug life.'

Caldwell: 'Just like a wolf hunts an autistic child in the forest. Run the plate I want to see where he lives.'
*I laugh.*
'Lets see...' I look straining to see the plates.
'Sierra....Echo...November...Papa...4...1...'
SENP41. The meaning is lost to me.
I start reading the look-up as Caldwell starts pursuing the kid.
'Whadya know...it appears our friend Ronald Asherman here lives in jolly old Arcadia...' I say reading the computer.
Realizing that we're now actually in pursuit I pick up the car radio.

Me: "215 we're in pursuit of a white honda civic with neon green lighting headed south-bound on [street name]. "
Dispatch: "Copy that, all units be advised 215 is in pursuit of a white honda civic with neon lights, headed south on [street name] near the marine terminal." 

'What the hell is this dude doing?' I say noticing how crazy the car is driving. We pursue for a bit and he cuts down a side street.

"215, suspect vehicle turning right on [side street name] heading towards [cross street]." I say. The radio starts to advise all other units.

Caldwell tries to make the turn, going a bit too fast. I can feel the car not going where it supposed to.

'Oh shit' I let out, trying to hold on to something.

We're going to fucking crash into something. Fuck.

We jolt as we hit the stop sign and come to a stop.

Holy shit. What just happened?

'Hey Mike. You okay?' I ask Caldwell making sure he's okay.

I see the car start to slow and come to a stop a distance away from us down the street. It's a relatively narrow residential street.
I see the kid roll down his window and pop his head out and yell:
"FUCK THE POLICE!!!"
Followed by an exaggerated: "HA HA!!"

'Yeah...well fuck you too.' I say to myself straightening up in my seat.

The kid pops his head back into his car and starts driving down the street. As the car gets further and further away I notice the lights of another cop car jump right out in front of him from a side street. I see his break lights light up and I see him swerve into a parked car. The cop car gets right up on his side, pinning the car.

Radio: "214, we got the vehicle at [street name] and [street name]. Currently stopped"

I hear other sirens descending nearby.

'Fuck the police my ass' I say.

'So I guess I'm not the only one filling out paper work tonight am I?' I say looking over at Caldwell trying to make light of the situation.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

*I roll down the window of the car as I see this kid get pulled out of his car.*

'NO FUCK YOU YOU WEEABOO FUCK HAVE YOUR WAIFU BAIL YOU OUT.'

*Turning back to Scott. Giggling like a school girl.*

'Russo is going to kick my ass for this might as well go big or go home.'

*We step out of the car and take a look at the bumper. Its cracked but not too bad, just noticeable.*

'How do you want to handle this. Do you know any sergeants working nights?'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

• 2 weeks later...

'Shiiiit. Man it's just a scratch. Some spit and a good buff will take it right out.' I say as I approach the front of the car before actually seeing the damage.

'...or maybe not' I say once I can see that it's actually cracked.

'How do you want to handle this. Do you know any sergeants working nights?'

*I put my hands on my head as I think*

'Fuck man. I don't know. I don't know dick on nights. You think I work this shift on the regular?'

An Idea hits me.

'Hey. Maybe my boy on 214's buddy buddy with the sarge. He's the kiss ass type anyway. We can at least scope it out and get the low down from him.' I offer.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

*Looking at the damage*

'Hey. Maybe my boy on 214's buddy buddy with the sarge. He's the kiss ass type anyway. We can at least scope it out and get the low down from him.' I offer.'

'I don't know anybody on nights either... I mean maybe worst case scenario we can say we went to get a drink or something and say we found the car like this.'

*I kick the bumper almost instinctively and nothing happens. I am not shocked.*

'I mean its not that bad and its an old car.'

*I say as I walk around the car.*

'You want to call your boy?'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'Yeah. I got you.' I say as I dig for his phone number. I find it eventually in an ancient text message.

*phone is calling*

'Hey Pete, it's Jaydon.' I start.

'Hey man What's going on? We got that perp in the weeb mobile. Where did you guys run off to?'

'Yeah, we...had a little accident down the street on the corner of [street name].'

'No shit. You guys okay?'

'Yeah man we're good, but uhhh...we got a little bit of front end damage and I really REALLY can't tell you how badly I don't want to have to take one in the ass from Russo over it....how chill are the sergeants on this shift?' I ask gritting my teeth and frowning in anticipation of bad news.

'Ha Ha Ha. Man you picked a hell of a shift to wreck on. No one ever told you about night shift?'

'No?' I say looking nervously over to Caldwell.

'Our sergeants don't give a damn about anything. So long as they don't have to do anything.'

*Relief comes over my face and body*

'Listen, let me just get this perp situated and I'll come down and give you the info you need.'

'Alright cool.' I say.

*I hang up the phone.*

'He's going to come down and tell us what we need to do about this. He says the sergeants are super chill on nights.' I say to Caldwell.

*We wait for about 10 minutes when 214 pulls up.*

Pete walks up and looks at the fender.

'Looks like a good scratch, but it's nothing big.' he says confidently.

'What did you Pendejos do to crash, anyway?' Michelle Rodriguez...erm...Hernandez asks.

*Caldwell explains*

'Fucking day shift' she says shaking her head as she walks around the car with a smile on her face.

'Okay. So as a testament: Hernandez over there hit a crackhead a few weeks ago....cracked windshield...the whole nine yards....'

'That puto jumped out of fucking nowhere. It's wasn't my fault asshole.' Hernandez says in her defense.

'Well...whatever the situation was...the dude miraculously was fine and stumbled off into an alley somewhere, but we were left with that mess...so....here's what you do.' 

He pulls out his phone and sends me a contact through a text message.

'You call Sgt. Phil McDonald. 29 years of service...never promoted...he's got only a few months before he retires...the man's completely checked out. This is what's going to happen. You tell him some bullshit story about how it wasn't your fault, like you got cut off or you walked into a store to grab a snack and you came out to find it damaged. He's going to ask you to describe the damage...and for something like this you can be straight about it....and what's he's going to tell you to do is fill out two incident report...one for you...and the second one is his. The man's going to have you write his incident report. You say blah blah blah, vehicle inspected at the scene of the accident, consistent with damage reported, officers not at fault....yadda yada yada...moved to a new unit....done. At the end of the shift you give them to him, he signs them without even reading and puts them in the incident report box. Problem solved.'

'God damn.' I say in disbelief,

'I think I now know why all the shit on day shift is missing or broken.'

'Hey man, this is our little secret on night shift, so don't be telling your friends.' Hernandez inputs.

'Yeah, we usually don't tell people until they've worked nights for a while.' Pete tells me,

'...but since you and I go way back...I figure I'd cut you some slack.' he says playfully. 

'Man, thanks. I appreciate this. You have no idea what a life saver you are.' I say thankful for his help as I shake his hand.

They get in their car and before they drive off Pete rolls down his window.

'Hey. Be careful out here, tonight. It's crazy out.' he says before driving off.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

*My mouth slightly open from hearing how much the sergeant has checked out. Turning to Scott*

'Dude, I can't wait to be like that, The only thing going through this guys head is I wonder if I can go fishing on my swing. I'll call him.'

*I grab my phone and dial the sergeant looking at the contact from Scotts phone. He picks up and I describe what happened.*

'Ok son, I'm gonna need you to do 3 things for me. I need incident reports. One from you one from your partner. I mean that should be easy you went into the store and came out and found your car messed up. Now I need you to write one up if I was there. Just say something along the lines of I inspected the car at the scene and damage was consistent with original incident report. Shit like this happens all the time and since its not bad you can stay in the same unit. Just dog ear my report and submit them to me at the end of shift. That we were all covered.'

'Yes sir thank you sergeant.'

*I hang up and look at Sparks.*

'He don't give a fuckkkkk.'

*I say giggling.*

'Were staying in the same car but lets get it off the stopsign and bang out these reports. Your boy was right were doing his as well.'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'Well let's go bang out these reports then.' I say getting back into 215.

We both get into the car and close the doors, Caldwell starts the engine.

'Where do you want to bang these bad boys out at?' I ask Caldwell.

He looks at me.

'Where any self respecting hood cop would' he tells me.

'7/11!' we both say simultaneously. 

We drive back to Delmore and park at one of the "nicer" 7/11s in Delmore. My usage of the word nice, of course, being completely relative. This one doesn't have a homeless encampment in the parking lot.

We park in the parking lot near the front doors. I turn on the interior light so we can see what we're doing. Before getting settled into my incident report, I recognize the need for some fuel, and to empty my bladder.

'Alright, if we're doing this, then I'm going to need to take a leak first, and then get some caffeine in me. You want anything from inside?' I ask Caldwell before opening the door.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

• 10 months later...

'Yeah get me a monster, Make sure its the white one.'

*As Jaydon goes in I look at the blatant drug deal taking place in the parking lot. One of them looks at the car*

'Yo, Fuck 12!'

'Bye...'

*He walks off. as a silver honda civic full of off duty strippers pulls into the parking lot, Its hot but these girls are still wearing next to nothing and they're still sweating. Guess the AC at the glittering unicorn is out. I'm feeling a bit peckish so I go in to get me some questionable rolling meat. I get out of the crown vic and hit the lock button. I walk over to the case, I see Jay disappear into the bathroom*

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*I walk into the 7/11, really having to go badly. I don't see the store clerk anywhere.*

Really? The clerk leaves the register unguarded in this neighborhood at this time of night??

I wait for a second, adjusting my weight constantly trying to hold back the urge to pee.

Finally I grow impatient.

'Hey Sanjay!' I say out loud hoping to get someone's attention.

'The clerk comes out from a back room.'

'Can I help you sir?' he asks me.

'You have a bathroom?' I ask urgently.

'Yes sir, in the back corner sir.' he answers pointing to a white door in the back corner of the store.

'Thanks.' I say as I quickly go to the back corner of the store and through the door into the bathroom.

The bathroom is small. It has only 1 sink, a urinal, and a stall. I see someone's feet from under the privacy wall of the stall. Good thing I only need to do a #1.

I approach the urinal and my heart sinks.

'Fuck man. Someone took a dump in the urinal!' I say in disbelief at the large, nearly overflowing urinal with two large brown logs floating in them.

What do I do? What do I do?

'Hey buddy, you almost done in there?' I ask loudly to the person in the stall.

*No answer*

'Hello? I really gotta piss. You almost done?' I ask again, knocking on the stall.

*No answer*

'Hellllooo?? I shout now pounding on the stall door. The stall door opens with my pounding revealing a crackhead looking dude passed out seated on the toilet. His lips and skin are grey, his eyes are staring into space.

'Fuck me.' I say.

*I approach him and quickly poke him firmly.*

'Hey buddy...you okay?' I ask.

*No response*

*I reach in and feel for a pulse. His skin is warm, he couldn't have been here long.*

I run out of the bathroom and see Mike ordering some rolled meat products from the clerk.

'HEY WE GOT A GUY IN HERE NOT BREATHING!' I shout.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

*I grab the drinks and walk up to the case. The clerk isnt around but i'm not in a rush to leave. I look at the contents of the case. Those orange chicken skewers look good. Jaydon runs up to the counter yelling for the clerk. As The guy comes out of the back office and points Jay in the right direction.*

'I'll take the 2 Orange chicken skewers and a slice of pizza.'

'Pizza is buy one get one for half'

'Alright 2 slices.'

'Good choice.'

'HEY WE GOT A GUY IN HERE NOT BREATHING!'

'Ah fuck.'

*I jog into the bathroom and see Jaydon's new best friend.*

'Dude, You sure he's not just sleeping'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'Oh yeah. He's fucking sleeping...you think he powdered his face to keep his skin rejuvinated. He looks fucking dead man!' I say sarcastically.

I walk up to him and poke him.

*No response*

'Bruh he's still warm! We need to call in EMS.' I say starting to panic.

"215."

"215. Go ahead"

"215 we're at the 7/11 on Garfield Road and we have a 30 year old male not responding and not breathing. Start EMS." I say trying to remain calm. 

"215 copy."

'Okay.' I stand there trying to think of what to do.

'Right. You start CPR and I'll get the first aid kit!' I say.

Mike objects.

'Well I don't know CPR! The fucking academy had nursing students teaching it. I was too busy mentally undressing them! GOD DAMN IT!'

'How the fuck do I do this!?' I ask as we drag the guy out of the stall.

'I know you push somewhere....but where?' I ask helplessly

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

'The nursing student said something about nipples. It all went black from there'

*I say as I remember the last first aid inservice which was taught with nursing students from the community college and pizza and donuts were there.*

'Bro this guy is nasty I'm not fucking touching him. Guy looks like he's patient zero for Hep Q. Get the fucking thing I'll figure it out.'

*Jaydon runs out to the car and I get a great idea. I place my boot in the center of his chest and start pushing up and down. A minute or 2 later Jay comes back with the first aid kit.*

'I figured it out. Were saving lives in the 31st century now!'

• Haha 1

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316