K. Clarks Home

K. Clark

*Getting Home from a long shift, I pull in my drive and see my mothers car in the drive way, Pulling up next to her i turn off the truck and hop out and head inside*

'Mom I'm Home'

'Hi Hunny how are you doing'

'I'm doing good, How are you doing and why are you here i didn't expect to see you until i flew back home for Thanksgiving and Christmas'

'Oh hunny i wanted to tell you in person... I'm moving i'm going to Georgia and that's where i currently am heading and figured i would stop in and see you'

'Why are you Moving, I thought you liked it back at home'

'I Did and do like Maine, But it's time for me to move on i've been there since me and your father got married and with him gone and you out of the house there is no reason for me to be there anymore Kat, I need to spread my wings and Explore'

'What does Aunt Marie think, You know she always hated the fact of the house being sold since that' where her and dad grew up'

'Well that's another thing dear, I wanted to see if you wanted to have the house. I don't want to sell cause you are right Aunt Marie and your father grew up there , But it would make a wonderful summer home for you and Ja... oh wait i'm sorry hunny i'm still getting used to the fact you two aren't together anymore'

'It's fine mom, I just don't know if i can right now, With everything that happened with James the savings are empty and i'm not sure if i'll be able to keep maintained right now'

'That's not what i asked you Kat you know i'll take care of all that, I just want to know if you want it or not'

'Give me some time to think about it. Do you want a glass of wine and i'll get some dinner started'

'That sounds nice i would love to stay for dinner and a couple drinks'

*Grabbing two wine glasses out of the cabinet and a bottle of red wine from the fridge i pour us to glasses of wine*

'What would you like to eat Ma'

"Anything is fine with me you know that dear'

'Okay Shrimp Poboy's it is'

*Getting the stuff out for dinner i take a sip of wine and start getting the stove prepped* 

'So what's why are you moving to Georgia'

'Well i met a nice man back in January and we've been dating for a couple months now and last week he asked me to marry him'

Spitting my wine into the sink i turn around and look at my mother in shock*

'Woah Mom you had some guy ask you to marry him after a couple months of dating, You told me to wait atleast a year before i married James and you are going to marry some dude that you've only known for a couple months'

'Hunny i know its alot but trust me he's a really nice gentleman and you'll love him i promise you that, He's got two kids so you'll finally have siblings even though they wont be by blood'

'I Don't even care about that mom, It's the sole fact you met a man and now your marrying him and throwing away your life back home for this dude'

'Yes i know love but it's going to be okay this is what your father would've wanted, When me and your dad got married we always said whoever died first would be okay with the other getting remarried'

*Take a larger sip from my wine i put it down and top it off and go back to making dinner*

'Okay and when i can meet this dude since he's going to be my new step father'

'When you come down For thanksgiving?'

'No i'm not coming down to some random dudes house for thanksgiving you all can come up here for it, But i sure as fuck wont be going down there'

'Why are you so upset about this Kathrine'

'Cause i expected you to atleast wait before running off with this dude but i guess not how do you think dad would've felt about that'

'It doesn't matter how he feels Kathrine, I'm sorry but that's the truth'

'Yea whatever and well since this happened yea i guess i will take dads house I'll figure out something to do with it. But can we change the subject'

*Taking another sip of  wine i start cutting up the shrimp and getting them ready to go in the pan*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2012