Truck into wall - Call number 20231010

A. Tai

SHERIFF x3, TRAFFIC UNITS - REPORTED VEHICLE OFF ROAD INTO WALL, POSSIBLE IMPAIRED, NO REPORTED INJURIES FROM ANY PARTIES. INTERSECTION NORTH 6TH/NORTH 14TH. 

EDIT: NPC Units assigned: Engine 11, Rescue 1, Ladder 7, Squad 11, Unit 22, Medic 14

"911, WHERE IS YOUR EMEREGNCY?" I had to raise my voice a little to be heard over the commotion.

"HOLY SHIT! Someone just crashed into my house!"

"WHERE are you?"

"HOME!"
Christ.

"Sir, it looks like you're near North 6th and 14th, in Fort Shannon, is that right?"

"YES! There's a car in my wall! Buddy looks like he's absolutely trashed!"

"Sir does anyone need an ambulance? I have sheriff on the way."

"No, no, we're all fine. He's so drunk I think you could shoot him and he wouldn't know for a few hours."

"Why do you believe he's drunk?"

"I can smell him from here. Jesus, just hurry up misses." Click

I enter the information into the CAD and send sheriff to the scene. 

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

• Burke changed the title to Truck into wall - Call number 20231010

"Come on Bagley, ready to man handle your first DUI?" I say, as we walk back to the car. Coffee #2. Today's on an uphill swing

Getting in and turning the engine on, I key the mic. "ERT, 211 en route."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department 
Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Copy 211, be advised subsequent calls have been received, driver is out of the vehicle, aggressive. Vehicle is not inside of building, this is a minor collision."

Looking through the incoming call notes, I see additional calls verifying this information. 

On the fire channel I key "All units, be advised, this call has been down graded, updated calls confirming the vehicle is only resting on the wall, not a technical rescue. Rescue 1, Unit 22, Ladder 7, stand down."

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

"Come on Bagley, ready to man handle your first DUI?"

'Yes Corporal'

*Getting in the car as Wagner Marks us En route i spin the cad around to read the notes*

'Hey at least there isn't injures on this, It could've been worse'  

sd211dep.png

Probationary Deputy Krystal Bagley
Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

*after having done my report on the  challenger ive been doing RADAR near  a school zone when i hear the radio crackle* 'YAY more idiots with drivers licenses' * i shut the radar gun off and get back into the sedan as i key the cars mic* "county,you got 251 responding" *opting for a not insanely urgent response,i opt to just flik the lights through the heavily congested intersections,211 will honestly beat me first even if i fly there so why risk a wreck*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

'Yes Corporal', Hey at least there isn't injures on this, It could've been worse'  

'I mean, we don't know yet. I'd say the guy is solid wasted. Probably doesn't know he's hurt. But if he's angry, he might still get hurt yet. Tell me, you ever handle a drunken asshole before?"

I pull up on scene and turn off the siren. Before she answers, I key the mic. "ERT, 211 on scene."

At first I only see the truck, and then make out through the crowd, a person. Probably our guy. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'I mean, we don't know yet. I'd say the guy is solid wasted. Probably doesn't know he's hurt. But if he's angry, he might still get hurt yet. Tell me, you ever handle a drunken asshole before?"

'No Corporal i haven't we went over drunk assholes in the academy but that was using a cheap pair of Drunk goggles from Amazon so i suspect its nothing like how it was in the academy' 

*As we pull up Wagner marks us on scene*

'Is it bad i'm getting bad vibes from this scene already, Not saying anything bad will happen but i feel like dude is about to do anything he can to not get cuffed and stuffed' 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

"I'm sure it's nothing like the academy. Imagine big, dumb and angry."

I undo my belt and get out of the car

"OVER HERE! WE'VE GOT HIM CORNERED"

"Sheriff department! Everyone who is a witness, needs to go over here by the red car on the side of the road. Who is the driver of this truck?"

"I's the driverrr! 'N *hic* I'm lookin' fer da sonabitch that jumped out n fron of my truck. Look at my truck. Ugggh, off-sir, you gotta churge him. And you." He says, looking down the deputy at my right "You can pat me down. Fer safe-teeeee"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*Walking up as the drunk asshole starts talking and  he looks over and says*

"You can pat me down. Fer safe-teeeee"

'Sir for me to pat you down like that you need to be alot more sober and actually be able pull women'

*I roll my eyes and look at wagner*

'I'll start taking witness reports?' 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'Sir for me to pat you down like that you need to be a lot more sober and actually be able pull women. I'll start taking witness reports?' 

Heh, she's learning. 

"That's a good start, but I'd hold off until we get another unit on scene. Let's secure the scene first. Make sure everything is what we expect here." turning my attention to our favourite intoxicated driver. "Sir, this is your truck?" Putting on my gloves.

"Yesh"

"Alright" I say, moving in quickly. "You're under arrest for impaired operation." I grab his arm and twist it as I turn him around. For a drunk guy, he's strong. And Big. I'm trying, but the initial one-up I had by surprise is gone and now we're not as equally matched. "BAGLEY!" I call out, looking for some help. If we don't get him down, we're probably going for a little jog. And I don't like jogs. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*Going around the truck and house making sure everything is secured i hear Wagner call out*

"BAGLEY!" 

*Looking up i see him struggling with the suspect, Walking up i take the arm Wagner has pushing him out of the way, Taking the arm i pull the suspect close and hip throw him into the ground, Has he goes down hard i place my Knee in the middle of his back and pull my taser out and take the cartridge off*

'Now your going to listen and listen good asshole, You Keep trying to resist and i'll make sure you take the worst ride of your life, now let my partner put these pretty cuffs on you'

*Looking up at Wagner well having my taser placed on my suspects back*

'Come on Corporal I'll let you do the Honors' 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'Come on Corporal I'll let you do the Honors' 

"Now now deputy Bagley, I don't think our friend here needs to ride the lightning. Not yet anyways. He's going to cooperate, right?"

I get a grunt along the line of a yes, and handcuff his arms. 

"ERT, 211, we've got one in custody. We're going to call this impaired. Other units can start to stand down. We're going to need a tow here." 

As I lift the patient, I see the fire engine and rescue pickup coming around the corner to us. 

"ERT, 273, we're just around the corner, we'll be continuing." "10-4 273"

As the firefighters unmount, I place the suspect in the back. Looking back up I see the unmarked grey charger coming up behind the rescue truck. Looks like my ticket out of here just pulled up.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

As I give a briefing to the investigator, I see another traffic car pull up. Once we're finished exchanging information, I head back to the car and see Bagley hanging around. 

"Alright, let's get this guy back to the barn and see if we can't catch another cup of coffee."

"ERT, 211 is clear to station with one in custody."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png