K9 Office

Z. Russo

* i chuckle as he makes a comment about how hes known* ‘ your mannerisims,how you carry yourself...,what unit, i know a marine when i see them had enough of em at the FOB i was in, you EOD, maybe recon,as to you being know for that dog call... you served theres no way in hell patrols gonna  let you forget your first mistake..always have a gun avalible on calls like that’* given the bomb joke if it was a jome my gut says hes a bomb guy but for whatever reason i also get recon vibes either way hes totally a jarhead, but in some of the stuff i went through a us soldier was a us soldier, branch be damned in a gun fight*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

‘ yeah, army and then national guard, was a canine handler  outta fort drum, never got my airborne tab but  the 73rd battalion was  home, himonestky debateing getting back into the guard but who knows,  as my active career was over before it really could begin...damn IED’s’ * i sigh the gears still turning in my head* ‘ tell ya what im up in essex on cascade ave, swing by some time we can swap storys over some brews or something, house 66 across from crawford ranch’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘ whatever works ,worse case i coud droo by your place’ * i shrug* it dosent bother me heres my card, personal cells on the back work stuffs obvious’ * i say as i pull bith a buisness card and a pen jotting my perdonak cell down before i slip the penback inti the pouch i pulled it from on my class D carrier only to then take his card and slip it in the same pouch* ‘ you need advice or anything   feel free to hit me up or swing by the office, before i got K9 i was both an FTO and patrols sergeant so i dont mind  helping when i can if im free to’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘ stay frosty marine’ * with thst i move to the bathroom and finally find relief only to move back to my office to babgout my housekeeping hell bent on NOT making Vicky wait to long*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 1 month later...

* after what feels like an eternity with the rat squad i finally walk into my office,as I instinctively shift my holster i pause a sec before i sit down,unfamiler with not having my weapon in it,its also strange not having 230s keyfob and seeing ajax in his kennel as i poke my head in the back room then sit down* ‘ guess im bumming a ride home tonight’ * sighing i debate an eternitys long shower as i fall into the trap ive kinda vowed not to and replay tonights events in my head,and the other ways id of preferred to handle it careful not to start outright second guessing myself,but i havent killed anybody sense  my time in the army the not knowing is my fight now* ‘damn this uncertainty!’ * i slap my desk   as i log into my computer maybe inventory for my section can distract me*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

* hours or what feels like hours pass ive walked every kennel,cleaned it and done a perfect military ispection and tidying up backlogged admin stuff is done and current so i finally push off my desk destined for the showers,ill probably beat the hell outta one of the sandbags anything to  keep from the unknown of who killed the guy at the EMT’s house*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 3 weeks later...

* after nit getting an aknowledgement from jones i figure the inventory and everything for my section may as well get done so i log into my computer and start the typical paperwork as well as fireing off a copy of the new dogs vital info to our vet incase she dosnt have it already*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Walking down the hall I find the door for the K9 office. I head inside and see Patterson sitting at his desk*

'Hey, Sarge. Were you trying to catch me in the parade room? I thought I heard my name but I had so much on my mind and Capt wanted to see me ASAP. Anywho, I'm here now. Need to get my K9 gear issue and get acquainted with my new partner before we hit the street'

sd230dep.png

Deputy John Jones
Unit 232

Badge 1402

* taping away at the paperwork for my section jones walks in i move to stand and greet him grabbing  his trucks keys outta my desk* ‘ so it was you..i never thought id be your boss  john,how ya been?’ *extrnding my hand i let his durangos key dangle* ‘ your trucks in the garage  waiting brand new dodge durango with a pursuit package and All wheel drive,compllete with all the featured  youed expect as a handler,climate controls door popper,the works’ 

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘Ive been ok,barring the fact i had to shoot somebody last tour and then get told i have bad tactics and poor judgement by some former court services cop lawyer in IA whis never walked a beat in his life,anyway,Kilos back here,the long haired black sable fur missle is Ajax my dog,weve got a full stock of stuff and garage access’ * i walk to the kennel door  ajax whineing as i enter* ‘ easy boy settledown ill let you out in a second’ * i say as he sits following us as we walk by his kennel* ‘ go make friends with kilo,im gonna let ajax do his buisness then we can hit the streets like old times’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'Sounds good to me'

*I head for the box of treats on the wall, grabbing several and sticking them in my pocket. I turn and head toward the kennel reading the sign with the info on it.

Name: Kilo

Country of origin: Czech Republic

Breed: German Shepard.

*As I get to the door of the cage, the jet black dog jumps up on the door of the cage barking.*

'Easy boy... Easy.'

*I hold out my hand and let him sniff me, he aggressively sniffs my hand before he starts licking it. I reach in my pocket and grab a treat and give it to him as I open the cage.*

'Kilo, SIT.'

*I say with a semi-forceful voice. The dog sits, I pay him with another treat. 'Are you Dutch or English?' I say to myself*

'Kilo, OFF'

*The dog lays down, looking up at me with his tongue hanging out to the side.*

'Thats a good boy!'

*I praise him in a high pitch voice, walking to him he rolls over and gives me his belly. I scratch his stomach for a few moments bonding with him. I turn and grab his lead which is clipped to the cage.*

'Ready to go to work?' 

*I ask the dog as he jumps up and runs to the door sitting down and looking at me*

'Im gonna go get him situated and my gear straight in the car'

*I say to Patterson as I clip the lead to Kilos collar and let him out of his kennel. *

sd230dep.png

Deputy John Jones
Unit 232

Badge 1402

‘Yeah hold up’ * i rifle through a shelf of spare vest plates for the dogs vests and find a packaged vedt in a clear plasticbaggie* ‘test fit this,provided they dident dcrew uo making it,it should form fit kilo due to my shooting i dident get to unpack it when they brought him and the supplys,was about to when you walked in’ 

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘ yeah sounds good, ya know our dogs might be from the same litter, there both black sable shepards,small world huh’ * packing the stuff i displaced on the shelf back neatly i pull ajax’s lead off my belt as i open his cage he lunges and licks me  before running to the door*

’heel up,c’mon  goofball’ * he calms down and heels while letting jones leave first* ‘ wanna go to work,huh good boy wanna go work?’ * i love on him while i get his vest on him then follow jones*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 1 month later...

* after being buried in paperwork i had both forgot about and some i was blindsided by i finally log outta my computer* ‘ finally now i can make myself useful’ * i utter to myself as i grab my portable outta the charger on my desk stow it on my vest and move to grab ajax* ‘Ajax!’ * he perks up by now im at his cage having grabbed his short lead off my belt* ‘ wanna go work,huh wanna work?’ * he starts whineing as i unlock his kennel* ‘ does the good boy wanna go work?’ * i say in a sorta singsongy voice huping him up a bit while i clip his lead in* ‘ heel’ * i say with a more authoritative tone as he complys i love on him a bit  scratching behind his ears* atta boy bud good heel, ,cmon’ * we exit the kennel section and as my trucks by the garage exit i figure Ajax can do what he neeeds too outside then we can go patrol*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 1 year later...

*after i park the durango ajax and myself head inside i could just as easily file this report in the platoon room but with IAB buzzing around decide doing it in my office might be the better choice, i havent done anything wrong on that call but id rather not have the headache of dealing with mcsorely if i can help it so i log into my computer after giving ajax a bit of food and settleing him in his kennel and get to typeing so i can get back on the street*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337