K9 Office

Z. Russo

Located on the rear of the station on the first floor, the K9 Section offices has a few workstations, access to climate controlled kennels with outdoor space, and a direct door to the sheriff garage.

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

• 5 weeks later...

‘* sitting in the k-9 office  i finally have my desk phone ring i answer it and its  routed through our non emergency line* ‘ who the hells calling me now..’ i say as i press the hold button taking the person off  hold* ‘SCSD K-9  sergeant patterson speaking’

Phone: ‘ hi baby!  Did you see the news?’  * amber my wife starts she never calls the station i glance at the paper on my desk under the last few patrol reports while i was supervisior* ‘ no hun,why babe sorry i dident answer my cell by the way been being harassed and threatened by people’

Amber:’ babe your in the news something about you threatening a protester down town with your dog..’  * by now my hands are digging through my paperwork and  i quickly find the article in question skimming it*  

‘hunny ill call you back ok but like i told ya when i got off work  i never threatened anybody just gave him a warning that if he kept trying to provoke my dog ajax woulda probably bit him,you see how protective he is at home’ * amber takes a deep breath or two shes obviously concerned* ‘ hey itll be fine things will work out has anybody ben threating you or harassing you?’* i ask as i quickly wrap up the last of the report i was working on*

Amber: ‘ not yet so far i guess the fact that im a retired army lieutenant has kinda sheilded me if they do tho while i can handle myself ill report it acordingly, i inagine your bosses are gonna wanna talk to you so i wont keep you,but babe please dont  not answer your phone again gimme a unique ringtone’* she makes kissing noises which i return and ajax barks while she resumes* ‘. Love you boys ajax,be good and keep him outta trouble’

* i chuckle* ‘ bye baby ajax says he loves you too’ * she chuckles and as she hangs up* ‘ love ya baby’  * the line goes dead and i get up from my desk turning in whatever reports i need to then walk to the mens showers i had already showered but i opt to again i figure the water can wash away my frustration at the slander thrown at me before i speak to andrew and zach*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

• 1 month later...

‘ love you too’ * i hangup my cell as i walk into my office and log into my computer making a note to hit the truck with the power washer before i head home ajax instantly going to his kennel by my desk* ‘ silly boy c’mere’ *  i say as he trots over i pet him while i log into my computer he should be in his kennel but it can wait for a few minutes as i access my mailbox  which luckily has no voicemails setting the receiver down i then start on my reports for the shift*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 4 months later...

* after roll call and due to such low patrolcars on the street i duck into my officd breifly if only to ensure i crossed allmy T’s and dotted all my I’s with the feds if only to get that annoying intern or secretary or whoever she iss calling from the saratoga feild office About the kimberley incident ajax somehow gets outta his crate and walks up to my desk  as he rests his head on my thigh he whines and i sigh patting his head * ‘ i know bud we’ll hit the road soon, i promise’ * i satmy as i fire uo my computer and still loving on my partner scan through my copy of the files on everything*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 1 month later...

‘ yeah, if you all need me ive got my portable but im in k9s office, mhmm bye’ * i say into my cell after callubg dispatch  setting my portable on the rarely used charger on my desk i log into the computer and start paperwork im long overdue on ajax is in his kennel by my desk  chewing on his favorate toy bone  from the house* ‘ your a goof ball you know that bud?’ * i say to him  with my hand through the bars of his kennel  petting him, whike scrolling through my department emails as well as typeing my overdue reports up, between missed emails im reading*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘ man sometimes i miss being basic patrol, bar fights both there reasons and excuses are ALWAYS entertaining’ * i say to myself as i hesr the call over the air  ajax who ive sense let outta his crate , which im refilling with food and water nudges up to me* ‘ wouldent give you up to go back though goofball, whos a good dog?’ * he licksww my face then eyes the door whining* ‘ gotta potty buddy, huh wanna go out?’ * he yips excidedky looking at me then the door as i stand, weve been in the office all day hes probably due,grabbing my portable i smile at him* ‘ get your leash then , wanna walk then bring me your leash’ * he trots over to my bag and grabs his short lead then sits by the door to the back roon, i clip him and then we walk through the kennel area headed outside, where ajax promptly darts over by a hydrant in the back of the small lot by my office*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 2 weeks later...

‘ c’mon goofy’ * i chuckle as i head back into my office and sit down,ajax can be outta his crate for now i figure as he puts his front paws in my lap as i start on the rest of my mountian*’feeling better bud,yeah  you feel better?’ * as i tap at my computer i love on ajax  His hind leg starts thumping as i hit  his itchy spot* ‘ whos a good dog, now let me finish this then maybe we can go for a ride’ * i say to him as i go back to trying to finish a buncha reports, basic housekeeping for my division, ajax by this point is in his crate playing with a penut butter filled  bone i had also stuffed with kibble

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 2 weeks later...

* walking into the office before roll call i haveent even punched in yet as i walk ajax over to the tub we keep to wash the dogs*’ mount up bud, lets give you a bath huh’* i say as he yils and decides to give me one with his tongue when a civilian aide that does this  walks up*

Aide: ‘ morning sarge, you and ajax are early, overtime again, and do you want ne to do this, if you dont mind you look guilty, whsts up off the record?’ * he asks as he loves on ajax i glance at his coveralls, and get his last name*

’ i got it  jefferson, and i think i fucked up big at the party’ * i saw as i start to hose ajax down, he dosent need it but hes kinda become family,cole loves him*
aide: ‘ fucked uo how, you got leo of the year, inspired me to try to get my badge when the academy opens up, you bust your ass for the department,sarge’

* i sigh as i lather ajax loving on him almost like a pet and as if he knows im upset he gives a goofy look and french kisses me to be funny*

’ ajax..., you gooofball eww’* i chuckle then addrss the aide again*
’ i know i do, but i ,well i tripoed a security guard for chokehold he threw on one of my guys, not sanchez but  patrol, jaydon scott i think, and drop the formalitys jasons fine im probably getting canned’  * he fetches me a trashbag with holes for my head and arms which i dismiss, ajsx is being good and water wont hurt my jacket*

aide:’ sense were beibg informal, im Adam , and your not getting fired jay, it was self defence,right?’

’ I was drunk, only had two drinks but 50-100 cops in the room and nobody did a damn thing I at least tried to intervene as in a ranking supervisior,as chokeholds kill people, and brunells up for reelection, if the press catches this im done But i felt i had to atleast try to do something, stripes are still stripes , i only had two drinks, i was barely buzzed id of maybe blown a 1.0, but legally its not likr i could take enforcement action, I NEVER drink on duty’

* adam cuts me off*
Adam:’ but it was a special occasion and as your on call your technically on duty 24/7, im sure the brass will understand, i see you self reported, want a coffee or sandwhich, im about to take my break?’

* i sigh now washing ajax whos legs foing and he still has thst heart melting goofy puppy like  grin*

‘ ill pretend i dident gear thst as reports are confidential typically, and ill take my reguler, you know what i like, and thats how i wrote it, i acted in defence of my covwotkers life as nobody else to my knowledge dif anything to intervine but my judgement may of been slightly impared dur to the two drinks i had,but i know a choke hold when i see one, the guard hit something but walked away fine afterwards and cause i had been drinkung i legally could not take enforcement action, as you sae the file you may as well read it, everythings there’

* he skims it then grabs his coat* 

Adam: was an aide to the desk sargeant, i r handled and taken reports before, it looks good to me, youll be fibe,a rip at best, modified at worse, ive seen muuuch worse, anyway ill be right back,was gonna ask for a letter of recommendation, but ill ask the desk sergeant, i transfered to the kennels cause i love animals, maybe ill be a K-9 sargent someday and youll be ops captian or duty cheif or something‘
* as be leaves ajsx barks and he replys whime i smile, maybe the kids right, its bound to blow over right, i think to myself as i wash ajax, i see alotta myself in the kid if he survives the academy he’ll go far*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘ in the back! ,gimme a minute!’ * i shout as i out AJax in his crate after a stint on the tosd as i walk out and sit at my desk which has my badge on it and sigh quietly* ‘ whats up,here for punishment or to talk, and hows your hangovers feelin?’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'Hang over? Pfftt...was a cake walk...' I lie, knowing full well that I'm still not feeling 100% after spending the weekend with the worse hangover of my life.

'...actually I'm here to...uhhhh...apologize. ' I say.

'...I heard you're getting some heat from the shit we did at the Christmas party....' I start.

'...and uh...well...the way I figure...you getting involved and getting in trouble probably wouldn't have happened if we hadn't had been stupid.'

'...so...like...I can't help but feel like it's party our faults....'

*I suck at apologies.*

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

* i sigh holding my badge* if anything i did it to myself, off the clock but drinking anyway in still technically your boss, ive got stripes, what pisses me off is nobody did a godamn thing after choke, yeah i tripped him but he got up fine and i HAD to do something,dozens of cops in the room and they all just let it happen, it aint fucking right‘  i sigh* ‘ i hope they dont can me, but the fuck were you thinking  jaydon, aint mad just curious , otherwise apologies accepcted, and mike egging you on, you know i saw the whole thing right?, aint no way every badge in the room was buzzed or shitfaced’

Edited by Vanguard
Damn typos

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'Sarge, with all due respect, that's bullshit.' I start.

'We fucked up. I get it. You getting involved to help up was...well...pretty solid. I know now that you got our back when we're in trouble.' 

'Sarge, you know what all this is? I guarantee you this is some bullshit from Burke. Burke probably got his panties in a bunch and started doing what he does best...yell and threaten. The man's a fucking cock sucking piss head who fucking runs this place by fear. Russo, while he doesn't admit it, seemed to have our back and got us out of this shitshow of a situation...but now all of a sudden he's getting yelled at by ERT?' I say starting to get heated.

'Who runs this department? Sure isn't Burke.' I say.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

* i sigh but return my badge to my vest.* ‘ russo maybe he remembers being a blue shirt , wow and ive always had your backs,im ex NYPD and Army,you gotta have guys backs on this job,army unoffically calls it the E4 mafia with guys i served with, could get you anythibg you needed,who knew the how why what and when,or ‘’had a guy’’ who was in billing,or get you the contraband hooch you wanted or get your co randomly spot inspected by the gate for contraband every time he left or entered and nobody suspected anything and guys that did it never spoke about how it happened, as to burke sherriff burnells up for re election and white shirts are diffrent, they tend to protect there own, be careful when you talk crap about brass, they might hear it, i brushed shoulders with officers both on the street and the sandbox,dont know how but they got ears and eyes everywhere,us blues gotta protect our own as were really all weve got you lose perspective when you ride a desk too long generally,maybe zach hasent yet’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'Yeah, you're right.' I reply.

'You just never know who you can trust, even among us, not to mention brass.' I start.

'You're not gunna narc on us for talking about Commissar Burke are you Sarge? He doesn't pay you extra to get him a list of names to fuck over?' I ask.

'...Nah I'm kidding. I know you're good.' I say.

'Well I think we better get out there, seems like its going to be a shit show....oh....and don't worry to much about getting reamed too hard. Mike and I started the shit as all we got was modified duty...I'm sure you'll get less than that. You are Deputy of the Year after all.'

'Hey...uhhh...thanks for having our back. Right now I'm glad to know we got an ally. We owe you a big one...so if there's anything you need we got you.'

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

‘ yeah its no problem, and for the record i enlisted outta highschool but got my LEO degree through the army, then they bumped me to E-5’ *i smirk chuckling* ‘ and i may or may not of known a couple guys with hookups on base, one of which was a highschool buddy who was west point alumni, buut he bought it in ‘08 when an IED hit our convoy, he was first truck, i was supose to be... i wear the badge to honor him as were both m new yorks finest at the time’ * i sigh* ‘ died in my fuckin arns, and all i got was some shitty medals and a bump to staff sergeant for it, well he was i was a pending academy canidate’* i sigh* ‘ the lot of which wont bring donny back...’

* i put my hand up* ‘one more thing, after i made E-6 i took my awards and i tried a few months, but transfered to the national guard  after a few years in new york i moved to saratoga,met my current wife,after don died, amber was his fiancée, never planned to get with her but as i was the last guy to see her man,after she medevaced me out on a blackhawk she flew we grew close while i recovered and she asked me out,weve had our diffrences seperated then got back togeather as her dad passed, i was her stability and she mine, you cant trust anybody till you can fellas, it just happens youl’ll know when,and jaydon,words of advice, next time look for a ring on her finger, maybe try to find yourself a Badge bunny, she was taken, thats what got the hose monkey to hit your ass, were cops remember, were trained to notice the little things, treat her right, be honest and she’ll never leave you, were trained to de-escalate things,loves no diffrent, you ain’t fighting it aint working  as all couples fight, chose your wins wisely,goes for department spats too, even though your dumbasses sometimes, your good police, do your job chose your battles youll go far, i dident get my stripes by goin full retard,no offence,end of the day us street cops still bat for the same team,we all wear the same patch on the arm’

Edited by Vanguard
Typos.........

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 2 months later...

* ajax wimpers through his cage as i fetch a clipboard i keep on the wall in the back* ‘ easy boy i know you hate waiting around we’ll be on the road soon i think unless you havent told me something buddy’ * i saw as i love on him a second or so before passing the sheet to vicky*
’ it all should be on that clipboard shot records names dates weights ages ectra,if not ill pull it from the computer for you, department mandates we swap the dogs water at the start of every tour in the trucks, ,we carry three gallons on board and the modules have both food and water bowls they can use whenever there in the trucks’ 

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

* i bite my tongue when she calls me an officer shes right but also wrong it shoulda been sergeant buuut civilians are gonna civilian, pushing the thoughts away   I move back to the desk area abd grab my desk phone dialing the  front desk* 

‘ hey its me, have you seen deputy sanchez, he hadent left as merlins here sebd him to k9 weve got the vet here, thank you’ * i hang my phone up aswell as texting him via my cell then turn back to our vet* ‘ he’ll be down here when he can we just finished roll call so you came at one of the busier times but time is hard to come by, can i get you a coffee or weve got vending machines in the break room?’ * i say,it was bad enough i got ambushed  with this but aside from that it woukda just been like every other start of shift ive had*’ or i can let you see merlin hes in a kennel across from ajax’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

* she made me,fuck gotta make a cover* ‘ its a military thing, i was a sergeantand got ‘yes sir’ed or ‘soldier’ed when its customsry and drilled into our heads to only sir officers and civilians, with law enforcement its kinda the same way m, im a sergeant its customary to adress as such applogies doctor, i havent had my morning coffee yet’ * i opt to just own it while i look around for my other handler, shes my neighbor no wonder she knows how i act, if she wants to get a read on me ive failed myself as i dont tend to give tells in uniform as it could get me killed or ruin something planned*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘ its alright you dident know no foul nor harm’ * i smile and look over the paperwork without removing it from her person skimming it if i have to sign anything ill do it after the captain or blackburn as russo might still be out does the white shirt part so noteing her new sudden respect and tone of voice i turn back to the desk area with her in tow* ‘ thats upstairs  ill needa check if my captians in,this way’ * i get the door for her and when we leave ill lock it like i always do* 

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

* as i lovk my office and start to lead her upstairs im w i was able to get the desk to badge her as i drop my paperwork off that was needed at the front desk we head up stairs*
’few weeks back some nutjob decided to use the station as target practice  we lodt a few cops and the sheriff, from what i heard captain russo took a slug in the shoulder, he also dislikes my unit , so i cant say how he is, just be mindful of adressing him as captian and dont bite if he talks down on my squad or whatever, itll be fine but dont expect to make a friend all the same he might suprise ya, this way please’ * i say as i lead her upstairs destined for zachs office, careful to have keot my voice down even though nobody was really in earshot of us*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 3 months later...

* ive just hubg my cell up when the rookie kinda sorta his head in  as im in my office doorway but not looking at him onmy way out to hit the john we kinda bump i ignore it at first b something tells me otherwise,unsure if its the tone or the vague familiarity the rookie gave me his first day i turn to introduce myself* ‘hey...michels right, the rookie that got chewed for the dog call , jason patterson’ * i extend my hand, my  urge to take a leak can wait* ‘ have we met, you seem familer’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337