Truck Officer's Offices and Quarters

Burke

*After role call, I grab my bag and toss it in on the bed I'll be sleeping in today. Making the bed, I push my bag into the foot locker and then walk back out to the office area, sitting down to the computer and reading today's alerts. Making friendly with the Rescue lieutenant, I look over as the now Captain Mark Stone walks into the room. I push back from my chair, stand at attention and salute.*

'Good morning, sir!' I say, smiling.

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2001

*I walk in, mouth full of brownie with the other half still in mind. I swallow and then smile as Noel as jumps to attention.*

'Stop,' *I laugh.*

'Morning, Jen. How are we today? I just gotta grab a couple things out of here and move them over. Oh, and there's food in the lounge. Evelyn brought us a bunch of baked goods and dinner.'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Captain Stone. A word. Immediately.' *I say, walking into the truck officer's office. Noel and Robinson look terrified at my presence, or maybe it's the tone of my voice. Certainly not what was expected during a promotion day, I'm sure.*

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

'Oh she can definitely cook,' *I smile at Jen. As the Commissioner walks in, looking like a thunderhead made human, I wince internally. Can't be good. His tone only confirms it.*

'Yes sir, of course. My office?' *I suggest, hoping he wouldn't tear me a new asshole right here. I preferred privacy for such intimate acts.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

• 2 years later...

Before anyone got back to station, I went up to my office upstairs, sat down and started writing my report, getting things ready for the impending OSHA request. And also getting it clear that there was no operational issues from fire's side of things, just the construction worker. Pending any calls, I'll probably be here playing catch up on reporting for a couple hours. And if either of the other officers comes in and starts getting loud, I can always take advantage of the women's side of the quarters, reserved for just me on this shift, and close the door. 

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

I stand at the voice calling out. I look over and see Rogers in the doorway. 

'Hey Capt Can i speak with you in private?' 

'Of course. Private like officers, or private like you and me? We can meet here, I think Hewitt is gone out for fuel, and I don't think Cook will be up here until he's ready to sleep, I think he's afraid of the quarters to be honest. But if you want to keep things real private, we can head over to my bunk. I've got a stool and a bed, your pick of which you want, but being the only female officer means private quarters.'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

'Of course. Private like officers, or private like you and me? We can meet here, I think Hewitt is gone out for fuel, and I don't think Cook will be up here until he's ready to sleep, I think he's afraid of the quarters to be honest. But if you want to keep things real private, we can head over to my bunk. I've got a stool and a bed, your pick of which you want, but being the only female officer means private quarters.'

'Private just in case Hewitt comes back i'll take the stool its your bunk room so you can have the bed'

*Noel stands up and leads me to her quarters and i sit down on the stool and pull out the buttplate out of my pocket and throw it on the bed as she sits down*

'Well before you hear rumors around the station, Me and James split up and i've gone back to my maiden last name of clark, first thing is i guess i need new badges and stuff huh'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

Sitting on the bed, she throws her butt plate on the bed. Is this a resignation? 

'Well before you hear rumors around the station, Me and James split up and i've gone back to my maiden last name of clark, first thing is i guess i need new badges and stuff huh'

Jesus.

'Okay, well you'll need to give quartermaster a call. We can get you a new buttplate fairly quickly. I think they're just vinyl printed, When we're done here, I'll put the call in. Though the front will probably be next shift. I don't know where they come from. You'll have to be Rogers on your helmet for a little while. Meanwhile, there's a couple blank butt plates in a box over the spare gear in the locker, go grab one of those. I don't need the write up of you not having your uniform up to standards. That'll be some new department policy coming down, guaranteed.

'But that's just stuff. I'll make a call over to the QM and get that sorted. How about you, you good?'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

'But that's just stuff. I'll make a call over to the QM and get that sorted. How about you, you good?'

'haven't decided yet since the finalizing in may i haven't had time to process or even time to go out, Last night i went out and imma be honest went home a little too drunk and texted one of my deceased friends thinking he would respond and come visit. but really things in that marriage went down hill after my accident, and they still say no one was inside that room i was in when Stone found me'

*i look around her quarters admiring how roomy it is in here compared to the bunk room*

'and it didn't help that James didn't make things any easier constantly talking about work, i didn't care before the accident but after the accident i needed space away from the job and time to process and he just wouldn't allow that' 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

'As your officer, I have to make sure you know about our EAP, and I need to recommend that you reach out to make sure you've got the supports at home you need. They're pretty good and can pull practically anything out of no where, so give them a call, they should be able to help get through this. 

'As a fellow firefighter though, hard calls are hard enough without someone chasing you home with work all the time. Sometimes you need a moment to let your hair down, right?'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

'As your officer, I have to make sure you know about our EAP, and I need to recommend that you reach out to make sure you've got the supports at home you need. They're pretty good and can pull practically anything out of no where, so give them a call, they should be able to help get through this. As a fellow firefighter though, hard calls are hard enough without someone chasing you home with work all the time. Sometimes you need a moment to let your hair down, right?'

'I have resources outside of work already i've been going to a therapist since the accident happened, But yea James just wouldn't let me have a moment to myself if he wasn't talking about work which we fought about all the time, He was talking about stupid stuff'

*i give a sigh*

'it just sucks cause i thought he was the one he treated me so good then we both got into working 911 jobs and it just went down hill, but i gotta say your pretty lucky to have these quarters its nice in here def better then the group bunk rooms'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

'it just sucks cause i thought he was the one he treated me so good then we both got into working 911 jobs and it just went down hill, but i gotta say your pretty lucky to have these quarters its nice in here def better then the group bunk rooms'

"Well, it's hard trying to manage a relationship when you both do the same kind of thing. I've had zero success in that regard too. Heh. It has its perks up here, but at the same time a couple drawbacks. Lot more private, lot more lonely."

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

"Well, it's hard trying to manage a relationship when you both do the same kind of thing. I've had zero success in that regard too. Heh. It has its perks up here, but at the same time a couple drawbacks. Lot more private, lot more lonely."

'I bet it does get lonely to be honest i don't know how that EMS officer wants to be a hermit all the time, i Feel like having a little bit of company every now and then is At least needed, But to be fair she seems very unpleasant with her career here'

*i give a slight smile at noel*

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

"Heh. Not to speak ill of others, but you could've ended that sentence after unpleasant and not been wrong then either.  A little human company never hurts anyone. I strongly encourage it." I say with a little bit of a grin. I lean back on the bed against the wall. I guess she's feeling pretty lonely right about now.

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001