High Speed MVA

M. Price

ENGINE, RESCUE, MEDIC, SHERIFF UNITS, SHERIFF CI 272, VEHICLE VS POLE MVA, ONE ENTRAPMENT BAY ST/N6TH ST
Time Out: 09:32 Weather: Light, misty rain.

"911, where is your emergency?"

"Some guy just snapped a light pole off at Bay and North Sixth. He was flying pretty fast and now there's wires everywhere."

"Okay, is anyone inside?"

"The driver is out cold. No way he's sober. Probably baked out of his mind."

"Okay, we're sending help. I need everyone to stay back."

"No worries man, we're staying way the fuck back. The wires are like dancing."

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*As I get in 206 to begin my time on patrol I hear the call go out for a mva involving a pole.  What a start to the shift.  Pulling out of the station I grab the mic on my shoulder as I make my way towards the scene.*

"206 responding"

*Letting go of the mic I flip on the lights and sirens as I head west on N. 6th towards Bay Street.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

*As the dispatch car vs. pole with entrapment goes out throughout the firehouse, I key up my portable radio*

”Medic 5 responding”

*I begin walking out to the truck with Jackson and Smith close behind. I step into the passenger seat of the truck and start reading the notes on the CAD*

’Sounds like this’ll be a little more than that car vs. cow a few weeks back’

image.png

Paramedic Doug McGuire
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 0907

* having donr my mechanical checks and walk around i know the trucks good to go so the second everybodys onboard i pull outta the bay doubling as a blocker for the engine and other firetrucks and fall in behind them full lights and sirens like the rest of them* ‘ itll be i teresting thats for sure’ * i lower my voice so doug can hear but smith cant* ‘ interesting to see if the probie messes this up that is’

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1714

*Pulling up on scene I angle and park 206 so that it blocks off traffic coming any further on N. 6th Street.  I figure I'm about 100 feet from the crash and that's as close as I figure I should get.  Flicking off the sirens I step out of 206 and key up my radio.*

"206 on scene"

*Letting go of the mic I get to work keeping people away from the scene.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

‘ guess we got a run’ * i jog out to the engine and hop in cranking the truck over my crew piles in and  the officer calls us responding, with medic5 kinda blocking traffic for me and the rescue i tear outta the bay and  head to the call*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

*Hearing the call go out I rush down to the engine get on my gear as fast as I can and hop up into my seat on the truck.  As Valentine drives us out I finish gearing up.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

*As I'm telling people to get back I hear dispatch ask me for a size up on the scene.  Looking back I see carnage and shake my head.*

"206, county, we have a Mustang who hit head on into a light pole here.  The pole snapped and fell on top of the vehicle.  Can't tell how many people are in the vehicle or their status without getting too close to it."

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*id grab my sunglasses and my portable radio i hate these types of calls as where driving I look at my phone and I’m in mood for ice coffee and donuts while where driving I’d put on my makeup while I’m waiting to get to this call*

”this is gonna be a interesting call”

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Badge 2020

while trying to dodge the worst of the potholes and not eat the ass end o f one of the trucks  i glance down and go to swerve as i follow the fire guys to the crash we come up on a construction zone,its not actively being worked on cause of the rain but the roads very much a mess, trying to  nort eat the ass end of one of the firetrucks  i miss a set of probably the largest potholes ive ever seen * 'shit sorry y'all!" * i say as medic 5 goes through them  and given my speed the bus goes through them hard my own ass probably a half inch outta the seat from the split second of air we catch as the truck falls into the pothole but is otherwise fine,only for me to eat a second one both of which the fire rigs avoided from what i can tell* 'fuck me supose thats what i get for being on the fire trucks ass hmm' * i say knowing full well i probably shaken smith like she was a martini olive in the back jump seat in the box*

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

*I head down to the rescue, stepping into my bunker boots and pants before climbing into the driver's seat. I flip the battery switch and turn the engine over, pressing the emergency master to turn on the lights. I glance around and make sure the crew is in before accelerating out of the bay, falling in behind the engine as we accelerate down the street.*

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

*I head to the Engine and climb into the officer seat and call into dispatch as everyone else gets in and Valentine starts pulling out of the bay*

"Engine 11 responding"

*I place my helmet on the dash for now and finish closing up my coat*

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

*As I approach the scene I see that 206 is already on scene. I flip on my steady burns and rear director bar and pull up near 206 and place my unit in park.*

”272 will be on scene.”

*I say as I grab my traffic vest and put it on. I step out of the unit and walk to the back and open the trunk and start grabbing a can of spray paint and a few other devices that I will need and place them on the hood.*

’Its gonna be a long night.’

*I say to myself as I walk over to Hawke.*

‘Hey, what do you have?’

sd204dep.png

Deputy Dave Lafferty
Unit 204

Badge 1117

*Repeating parrot time and I also question why Lafferty didn't block off traffic from coming north or south on Bay Street.  Yeah traffic control is tedious but important, right?*

'Long night indeed if the morning is like this'

*He was probably talking to himself but I did hear him.*

'Mustang with a telephone pole on it.  Wires look to be still active.  Dispatch I believe is working on getting the power turned off now.'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*After seeing Hawke give me a weird look, I realize we both are on the same side of the accident.*

’Yeah, probably should move my unit to the opposite side. Gotta love people who call 911 and dont give complete information. I’ll take care of shutting down Bay Street for now and move to the opposite side of the accident and try to redirect traffic away.’

*I say as I make my way back to my unit and reposition it so hopefully people won’t drive onto the scene. I then make my way to the other side of the accident and start motioning people to turn around and head the opposite way.*

Edited by Lafferty

sd204dep.png

Deputy Dave Lafferty
Unit 204

Badge 1117

*Shit did I say my thoughts out loud?  He makes a good point on me not telling the next unit I've got this place covered on traffic control.  Alright, I'll admit my mistake on that.  As Lafferty goes to move his vehicle I respond to his comments.*

'Ok, point taken, my bad and sorry.'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

(Haha, on my phone so your * looked like a ‘ my bad I’ll edit my post!.)

‘I’ll let you know as soon as I see the power company coming. By the way, do we have any more units heading out here?’

*I continue to redirect traffic as I begin to hear more sirens in the distant heading this way.*

sd204dep.png

Deputy Dave Lafferty
Unit 204

Badge 1117

* as i drive to the cal i see  police lights up ahead and norice they havent really blocked the road off so as we roll up i pull into the other lane,around the cops then block traffic from the north with the engine leveing  the medic and our rescue room,aswell as utilitys when they ever arrive as i hit the brake on the engine i hold off on throwing the truck in pump as we cant do anything due to the electricity however i do step out and pull a traffic vest on  over my department shirt  leaveing my turnout coat in the engineers compartment,ill hold off on laying cones incae i gotta move the engine and obviously waiting for kats plan  for us*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

*As we pull up on scene I see we're at a T intersection where North 6th meets Bay Street.  Hopping out of the truck I look around and wait for instructions.  We'll even if we had instructions we can't do anything til the power to the telephone pole's wire are out.*

'Ok power people, how long does it take to shut off the power..'

*I say more to myself.  Looking at the wreck itself I see the pole had snapped and has fallen on the vehicle.  With the way it landed on the car, well, it's a good think it's not a convertible Mustang.  Looks like it landed in the middle so it's not directly over the driver's or passenger's seat.  Well, okay.*

'So do we know if the power is out yet and how do we want to extract the driver?'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021