Patrol - September 2020

Blackburn

*id do a quick inspection of my new vehicle this is sick I’d put the guns on the locker and decided to head into the vehicle I’d turn on the ignition nice engine sounds very nice well look like where gonna be patrol in Bay Street area  since where unmarked we can catch them speeding quickly I’d grab my PTT*

”204 in service”

*id drive off nice and smooth*

Edited by Aidan721

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

*After gathering my gear I head outside to the station's parking lot.  Walking on over to 201 I open the driver's door.  Leaning into the car I stow away my patrol rifle and shotgun into the rack.  Sitting down into the driver's seat I see Williams stow a patrol rifle away in 204.  Fuck, he's not off probation and shouldn't have that.  Climbing out of the car to talk with him about it I see him drive off.  Fuck again.  Shutting 201's door I head back into the station to find someone in charge.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*Leaving the station after going to the quartermaster I see my probie standing by 214.  Walking up to the driver's side I open the door and put the shotgun in it's rack.*

'Alright, you should know general rules but I'll say some of them just in case.  Don't touch the radio, I drive, never leave my side unless I tell you otherwise, and don't touch the patrol rifle.  That last one should be easy because I never grab one to go on patrol to begin with.'

*Climbing into the driver's seat I shut the door.  It's been awhile since I've been a probie myself and man did that period of my career suck.*

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025
sdto.png.006720580470e1f4230b35ea6c1fecd7.png

*as I’m driving around I see a guy on bike speeding I just realize I have to head to  platoon commanders well this gonna be great I’d grab my radio*

”10-4”

*id start turning into the sheriff lot and turn off the engine and walk in with the unload rifle*

Edited by Aidan721

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

* walking out with Ajax i ponder why the captian looked pissed  as have my partner mount up i flip my portable on the second it connects to our net i hear zachs voice telling central dispatch thst 204 has a rifle* ‘oh shit i almost wish i waited just so i could see zach rip williams a new asshole’ * i say as i go about my routine for the second time checking over my truck outta habit upon leaveing the station* ‘ on the bright side he probably wont be a deputy for much longer’ * i say to ajax as i climb in id normally meet my new dig handler but were so understaffed this shift it’ll have to wait so i key up the trucks radio as i leave the lot my trucks second check hastily complete* “ county from 230, show me back on the road”

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

* after hearing 400’s broadcast  i breeze through my checklists for 251 then move to climb in and log into the computer* ‘god i wish i could fly on the wall the ass chewing that dumbass kids gonna get from brass’ * i start to ease the wannabe stealth outta the lot keying up* ‘“251 to dispatch show me patrolling” * releasing the cars mic i ease into traffic*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

((Note: we only use " for radio transmissions or for yelling.  For normal talking we use ' ))

*As Rothwell gets into the passenger seat I pull out of the station and grab the mic.*

"214 available on patrol"

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

*Getting Merlin from the kennel I walk out of the station to 231.  Opening the back door I tell Merlin to hop up and get in which he does.  Closing the door behind him I go around the SUV and get in the driver's seat.*

"231 in service.*

sd230dep.png

Deputy Alejandro Sanchez

Unit 231

Badge 2038

* as im cruising through northern fort shannon  i both keeping my eyes out for crimes and also wondering just how fucked 204 might be as he hasent been on the air in a while, Ajax slips his head through the little door in his kennel and i pat his head while i scan the streets*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Parking in a parking lot of a mom and pops style corner store, on N. 8th and Arcadia Street, I grab the speed gun and watch traffic.  Grabbing my coffee thermos I take a sip.*

'So where you from?  What were doing before you joined us?'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

‘’ its been a bit, wonder what happened to the kid’ * i say out loud as i pull onto the highway totally pulling  a state trooper move and going the max speed  in the high speed lane,ill pop whoever overtakes me for speeding unless i need to slow down* ‘ whos gonna be the second idiot of the day?’ * i say as i almost casually cruise down the highway*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

'Well, this county is quieter than New York City but not by much.  We've got 8 cities to cover with a population size of nearly a half a million people.  All packed into a 16,801 square mile area.'

*As I'm talking a beige 2015 Subaru blows past us heading west down North 8th Street.  The radar beeps and reads 42 mph.  Speed limit is 25.*

'17 over the speed limit.  First customer of the day.'

*Flipping on the lights and sirens I give chase to him.*

'Since you have experience with the NYPD I'm going to let you take this one so I can see how you work.'

*As the Subaru pulls over I pull up behind him and park.  As I run the plates through the EAT I key up the mic on my shoulder.*

"214, county, show me out on a traffic stop with a beige 2015 Subaru Forester, four door SUV, occupied by 1"

*Letting go of the mic I glance at the EAT to see the results of the license plate search.*

'Not stolen, good sign.  Owned by a Patrick O'Malley in Ft. Shannon.  Alright, let's go.'

*Cracking open the driver's side door I exit the vehicle with the probie.  While he's talking with the driver I'm going to stand behind the vehicle to watch.*

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

*Standing at the back of the Subuaru I watch as Rothwell talks with the driver and receives the guy's license, registration, and insurance.  Watching more as Rothwell walks back to 214 and uses the the EAT to run the driver's license.  When Rothwell gets out of 214 and walks pass me I watch more as he talks more with the driver and issues a ticket.  Alright, looks like we're done here.  Heading back to the driver's seat of 214 I get in and wait for Rothwell to join me before driving off.  As we leave I key up the radio to let dispatch know we are done.*

"214, clear"

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

‘ annnndd we got a winner’ * i say as i slip in behind a mid 2000’s ford focus heading twoards oxnardrunning the plate i sigh and flip the lights on they stop soon after abd i step out throw my reflective jacket on and flick the traffic  diverter  so the arrow points away from my car then grab my ptt * “ county from 251 show me out on the 484 with a silver mid 2000’s ford focus,no backup needed one occupent” * as dispatch copys my traffic i step out Walk behind my car then approach the focus from the passengers window the drivers a nervous college aged kid with a new york plate as i tap on the passenger glass* ‘ lower the window im not standing in traffic’  * the girl replys frantically reaching for her id* 

‘w-what's the problem sir‘ * she asks while handing me her college id and insurance info* 

‘ morning, im Deputy Cal Dempsy Shiloh county sherrifs traffic, first off this is your school id,second off you were stleast five miles over the speed limit, and third off the sticker on your plate expired a few days ago per records’* i had her her school id back but keep the insurence and registration info,she hands me to my suprise a saratoga drivers license* ‘ guessing you just recently moved to the state,  new york plates yet a saratoga license?’ * she nods still nervous as hell i think im probably the first time shes been stopped but anything can happen* ‘ look .. sarah take a breath ok compose yourself then answer ok’ 

* she nods allbeit shakily then speaks* 

Sarah:’ i-im sorry im just nervous But to answer your questions,’ * she pauses taking another less nervous breath* ‘ i bought the car from some shop on the state line  for college and haven’t gotten to the DMV yet for new plates and stickers,they said i had a week as to speeding, i dident see a sigh’

* i point to the one she stopped at and just now notice the cellphone in her lap*
’ ma’am,were you on your cell while driving texting and driving  is another ticket and as it stands your looking at atleast three that if i wanted to could write you’

* she hesitates but shes been compliant and civil thuss far*
Sarah: ‘ yes only cause my hands free holder came off the dashboard i-i swear’ * i sigh replying ‘ hold here for a second im gonna run you in my computer real quick ok’ *i move back to 251 and slide into my seat  tapping away at the computer* ‘ well shit,maybe the computers just being slow’ * i sigh and drum my fingers on the steering wheel a few minutes later the computer kicks back info on her,shes squeeky clean aside from a littering warning so ill cut her as much as a break as i can simply cause shes been compliant* ‘ shes getting off light’ * i say as i exit the car and write up two warnings  For her sticker and speeding but shes getting a ticket for distracted driving but ultimately  its up to  the courts  for whatever fine they opt to give then exit my car and head back to her then hand her info back aswell as my ticket book* ‘ sign on the x its not admitting guilt just a promise you’ll contact a judge, the other two are warnings that show we spoke’

* she nods and signs then hands me my book back only for me to hand her copys*

’how long do i have to fight the ticket or pay?’ * sarah asks while she pockets her stuff*
‘ two weeks from today, drive safe and stay off your phone unless its hands free while driving, also get to the DMV  in the time,if any other cop in the county stops you for the plate show em my warning’

* she nods and smiles as i walk back to my car and climb in keying up as i pull into the slow lane so she can merge* ‘ county, 251 you can show me clear ticket and warnings issued” * the girl merges as dispatch copys my traffic, then i kill my lights and merge in a few cars behind her*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

• Blackburn changed the title to Patrol - September 2020
  • Blackburn locked this topic