*I turn the radar on and clock the charger going at 60 mph*

'60.'

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2044

'Alright'

*Flipping on the lights and sirens I pursue the Charger until he pulls over.  Parking behind the Charger I call it in and run the plates.  They come back clean.*

"214, county, show me out on a traffic stop on Bay Street.  Red 2011 Dodge Charger, occupied by 1"

*Looking at the EAT the plates come back clean and belonging to a Kevin Hill from Oxnard.*

'Alright, you found him, you're up.  I'll be right here.'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025
sdto.png.006720580470e1f4230b35ea6c1fecd7.png

*I get out of the car, touching the taillight and heading over to the drivers window. I knock on it. The driver rolls the window down.*

'H..ello.. officer?'

'Hello Sir, Probationary Deputy Allen with the Shiloh County Sheriff. I pulled you over for reckless driving and speeding. Can you show me license, registration and proof of insurance?'

*The driver opens the glovebox, grabbing his wallet and handing over the documents to me.*

*I walk back to the car, running the documents on the police computer.*

'Previous records for drunk driving and selling drugs.  Not great..'

*I get out of the car, walking to the back of the explorer, opening the trunk.  I grab a breathalyzer.*

*I close the trunk, and walk to the drivers side.*

'Sir, please step out for a quick test.'

*The driver steps out and goes on the sidewalk*

'Breathe in.'

*The drivers breathes in the breathalyzer - he's too drunk.  Way above the legal limit.*

'Alright, stay there.'

*I walk to the trunk, opening it and putting the breathalyzer in. I close it.*

*I'd walk back to the driver in the sidewalk*

'Sir, turn around.'

'Mh..mh...no, officer.'

*I back off to a safe distance from him*

'Sir, turn around. Everything's gonna be alright.'

*I put my hand on my duty belt, ready to grab the taser*

*The drunk driver runs towards me, angry.*

*I grab my taser and tase the driver.*

*The driver trips over a rock.*

*I go check on the driver, I turn him around, he's fine. I grab a pair of handcuffs and proceed to cuff him.*

*I drag the driver over to the back of the explorer. I open the back door, shoving the driver in. I shut the door and lock it.

*I walk over to the drivers car, doing a quick search. Bottles of beer were found but no drugs.*

*I walk back, opening the passenger door of the explorer*

'Okay so he's way above the legal limit for driving while drunk. He has beer in his car. What do I do now?'

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

*I see the scene unfold where my rookie lets the driver get out of the car while my rookie leaves him uncovered. The driver seems to get angry and my Allen proceeds to tase him, cuff him and then drag him back to the car without searching him. The perp clearly needs medical attention *

'You completely lost control of that situation and put yourself and me at risk. There was no indication to do a breathalyzer in the field aside from a history of DUIs. In addition you just tased that guy without even attempting to restrain him any other way before tasering him and then you placed him into the back of the car without searching him'

"214 show me with one under."

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025
sdto.png.006720580470e1f4230b35ea6c1fecd7.png