Patrol - December 2020

Blackburn

*Heading outside after grabbing my things and the shotgun I walk up to 214 to greet my probie who I told to meet me here.*

'Alright, a few rules.   Unless I am completely unable to do so myself, such as I unconscious or dead, do not touch the radio.  In time you might be assigned your own unit as a probie but until then I drive.  Also since they are not allowed to be issued out to probationary deputies do not touch the patrol rifle.  Well, that rule should be easy since I never take a patrol rifle with me anyways.'

*Opening the driver's door I stow the shotgun away in it's rack.*

'Any questions?'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2025
sdto.png.006720580470e1f4230b35ea6c1fecd7.png

*Pulling off the lot, I pause for a second and look over at my probie. God, he's older than me.*

'They do the job. I prefer the Dodges, but at the end of the day, it's not mine, and it gets the job done. Listen, new guy, why did you join the sheriffs?'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

'I really liked this sort of stuff when I was younger. Used to take photos of police vehicles and police equipment.  One of my family members worked for the State Police, as a trooper. And another reason for it, is that, there are no decent jobs I could find in the area. So this was the best choice, for me and my family.'

*I wonder if i'll do well with this guy.. Hopefully, we won't be the next mall cops..*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

*I hear the call. Holy shit.. So many units.*

"Wentz. Did you hear that? Dispatch requested traffic. You wanna go?"

*I'd open the glovebox and put on some sunglasses*

[ @Blackburnit is the mass response call by the way]

Edited by Zezinho

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

*Pulling back into traffic I find a sketchy looking civic, one taillight out and definitely illegal tint.*

"ERT, 205, show me on a traffic stop at... the area of 100 North 5th. I've got a black Civic BGG 154."

"10-4 205, Traffic stop at 100 North 5th."

*As I wait for ERT to do a quick check of the vehicle, I switch the light switch to position 2, activating the rear lights for a few moments and then fully to position 4. With all the lights flashing, I hit manual and wait for the civic to slow to a stop, tailing him just in case.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'Were not into a traffic car so unless there hurting for units its just a fire.'

*I stop the car at a red light I hear a siren in the distance the light turns green and a car from the opposing direction pulls into the intersection, I look up and an AMR ambulance is responding lights and siren the car who pulled into the intersection is looking down at his phone and narrowly misses the ambulance. I flip the lights on and swing around and catch up with him. He pulls over.*

'Ok Allen, Im going to have you do this and step in if and when you need me to. Everything is on you. What's the most important part here?'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

‘Yep we want dispatch to know where we are if this goes south. We also want to run the plate in case there are warrants associated with the car or if it’s stolen. Those are things that would upgrade this to a felony stop.’

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

'Alright. I'm gonna run the plate, do you want me to call it in too?.'

*I'd turn on the police computer, accessing the database.*

*I type in the plate for the white Toyota Corolla, AHD 382.*

*It comes back for the same car, no warrants, but a couple of previous fines.*

'Previous fines for.. speeding, impeding traffic, and speeding again.. Christ.'

Edited by Zezinho

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

* im cruiseing to the freeway  having just like twenty seconds ago announced where id be as i left the lot when i hear the tones for something at the ice rink* ‘ oh fuck, that sounds bad’ * i say to myself debateing responding but nearly all of traffics rolling so unless requested i keep rolling to the interstate opting to tuck myself kinda outta sight, if people are speeding but not blind and stupid they’ll know where i am, its the idiots or drunks im after as i pull my radar gun and wait by the onramp sign i tucked behind shoukd they need me at the rink ill roll otherwise its probably gonna be a boring shift*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

‘Always call in traffic stops. Starting with the the location and then description and plate. Traffic stops are all about discretion not everyone needs a summons thankfully we don’t use a quota system. So it is up to you if you want to give a warning or write them. If you’re going to write them don’t be a douche bag and give them a lecture as well.’

*I clear my throat*

‘Any Questions? And are you familiar with contact and cover?’

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

'No, no questions. Yeah, I am familiar.'

*I'd key up the mic*

'2044, 2025, ERT, traffic stop at N 3rd Street with Delkab Street, Fort Shannon, white Toyota Corolla, AHD 382. No assistance required.'

*I'd turn off the mic*

'Is this good?'

*I take off my sunglasses and put them into the glovebox*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

‘ looks like we got a rookie on the radio’ * i chuckle as my gun pegs on a white tahoe and i whip out  ill tail him for now why bust his ass for five over its the wavyness in the lane that concerns me but hes still in his lane*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

"Last unit calling ERT, please reident."

*Hopefully this is a probie on the radio, his fto will correct it and I won't have to figure out who owns those badges.*

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

*The Rookie picks up the radio and butchers his first transmission.*

"Last unit calling ERT, please reident."

'Whoa, First off our unit ID is the car number. We only use badge numbers if we are on foot in certain cases.'

*I take the mic from his hands.*

"214, Show me on a traffic stop North 3rd and Dekalb. Gonna be a silver toyota camry. Shiloh plates, Adam Frank Tom 482."

'Ok your Up'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

'My bad.'

*I step out of the car. I walk up to the pulled over vehicle, touching its tail light, then going over to the driver.*

*The driver rolls down the window, it's a man.*

'Hello Sir. Probationary Deputy Allen with the Shiloh County Sheriffs. I pulled you over today for reckless driving.'

'Mhm.'

'Let me see some identification, registration and proof of insurance please.'

*The driver hands it over to me*

'Stay put.' *I walk back to the car, getting on the computer again, and running the info. It comes back clear.*

*I print a $100 citation, and walk back to the driver of the other car, handing him his info*

'I'm fining you 100 dollars for reckless driving, next time be careful and pay attention to your surroundings. Do not use your phone while driving.'

*I hand over the citation to the driver*

'Have a nice day.  You may go once I get back into my car.'

*I walk back to the car, getting into the passenger seat, and closing the door.*

'Fucking pig.. Always trying to extort money out of me.'

'Citation issued.'

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

* as im following the tahoe about to run him traffics tac  channel goes off, its that mustang we seized*  “258 to any free traffic car by essex on the highway , can you roll to me, got a felony flagged dui im tailing” * i hear the girls request opting to wait  a second and i hear a few of the cars outta our highway office respond only to hear her give an update * “ 258 to responding traffic, send a few more,  3 occupents  one with what i thinks a rifle, saw the tip of a barrel”  * now im intrested so i whip out from behind my wavy tahoe im heading that way anyway * “258,251, gotcha rolling up in about five mikes” * i reply over our tac channel and flip my lights on accelerateing roughly five minutes later  spotting the back of one of our moters trucks that marked itself responding , i also hesrd the ci respond as well as seeing 854 behind me, guess were still weary given the shit that went down in kimberley, with the duelly blocking my lights i leave em on abd key up * “ 251,258 light em up youve got an army behind you” * she chuckles then i hear sirens only for the other two trucks behind her to fan out i inturn plug the gap oppsite 854, this is clearly a felony stop luckily the highways more or less dead as weve totally shut the side im in down, having slotted myself to gun it should the pannel van i see the mustang has stopped try to run, 58’s got non lethal moters and the ci have lethal with 854 useing the rear quarterpannel of my car as cover with his rifle, guess im the chaser if they get stupid, the moter carrier deputy shouts commands via his pa i guess it was dead in the semi world as hes here*
 270 pa:” Driver of the van with your right hand turn the truck off and toss the keys out the window!” * the guy noting hes got more guns then he has on him complys as i see keys go flying * 270 pa:” driver with that same hand open your door from the outside,slowly step out and lay on your belly!” * the guy complys and i ignore the rest of 270s commands for the three others that now all lay down on the pavement only when thr guy with the gun gets his kicked away does everybody else but myself as i never shouldered lower there guns and 258 keys up* 258 to ERT, show four under at this time requesting transport and tow, break 251 you can clear appreciate the assist“ * i kill my lights  as the initial deputys get the occupents of the van off the highway and some disperse so traffic can flow, i myself   Pull past the stop to the offramp  Just infront of the stop only to get back on on the other side of the highway,keying up on traffic tac* “251 copys, nice job 258 clearing” * i tap the ajrhorne as i head back into ft shannon* ‘ well that... was unexpected’ * i say as i crack my window wondering how that tahoe turned out*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

* by now im well clear of  258s stop ive given up on trying to find the tahoe i had been looking for heading back into the city sticking on the highway doing the speedlimit in the high speed lane, if guys blow by me ill light the smuck up but if they creep by , why waste time for 5 over violations*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

• Blackburn changed the title to Patrol - December 2020
  • Blackburn locked this topic