Attempted Home Invasion Involving SCFD EMS MOS

C. Aylward

‘ yep i know the drill,its odd being on the other side if the protocol,thats for sure’ * i reply to blackburn ive already cleared my gun infront of my bodycam just incase i shoulden’t of as i wait over by the wall hoping this is routine and straightforward*

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

*Allen approaches Blackburn as he puts his pistol on safety and unloads it, handing it over to Blackburn.*

'Here's what happened: I arrived on scene first before everyone else. The front door was breached, and I saw a dog. I looked thru the front window and saw nothing. I called for backup before getting inside. Shortly before the sarge was here, both perp and victim ran to the living room as the victim was KO'd perp said something about kidnapping her and getting on the road. I heard two shots and a yelp which appeared to be from the family dog who was killed. Then we breached, told perp to put his gun down but did not comply and turned around and aimed at one of us so I three tapped him. Sarge found a needle with some unknown substance that was injected into the victim while I went outside and put on some gloves and grabbed a first aid kit. I checked breathing and also checked up on the family dog. Dog is dead, the victim was breathing.'

*I turn off my bodycam and take it off, putting it on my palm and handing it over to Blackburn.*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

Taking Allen's sidearm I put a zip tie through the bore and secure it in an evidence box as I listen to Allen's statement.  When he's through talking I just simply nod and take his body cam as he hands it over.

'Alright, go outside, find an EMS unit to take you to the hospital for eval.'

Looking over to Patterson I motion for him to come over.

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Alright.' *I walk out of the house, approaching EMS.*

'Whatcha need?'

'Lieutenant said I gotta go to the hospital for eval.'

'Sure, come in.' *The paramedic opens the rear door of the ambulance as I step in and take a seat on the back. He then closes the door and goes into the drivers seat as other paramedics are waiting.*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

* the rookies debreif was suprisingly short,hes either on point or slow dismissing the thought i push off the wall pulling my gun,which i cleared and the magizine i had in it outta my holster blackburn if hes on point can see ive locked my USP’s slide back and safteyed it as i had the weapon over to him then start on my bodycam* ‘ok,so this call goes out,i respond to back 201,as i pull up no sooner do i open my door and turn the body cam on the family dog enters the perp screams and i hear two shots ring out afterwards i hear a yelp,shiba inus are loyal to a fault thst dig tried to maul our perp and died for it ’ * i start as i hand the lieutenant my bodycam* ‘ i make the call to breach,i announce and enter gun drawn the rookies behind me our  In the living room theperp turns shouts defiantly and aims at me,i put three rounds center mass  as you will see by the three missing from the magizine i handed you, the probie fired as well how many shots i dont know but the perp fell’ * i take a breath as andrew vouchers my gun* ‘ i kicked the perps gun away,the probie tended our EMT while i swept the house, found a needle in one if the bedrooms,the dresser had been moved to barricade her door but the perp grabbed a katana off the wall in the hall and cut his way in,after my sweep myself and the probie checked our vic for a needlemark while we rendered aid, the perps dead headshot by the probie’ * i finally finish glanceing over to my unit then the lieutenant* ‘you got somebody comming for my partner or am i driving myself to the ER?’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

Doing the same as I did with the probie I take Patterson's sidearm and secure it as I listen to his story.  Taking in everything I continue to slightly nod until he's done talking.

'No, there's another ambulance outside for you.  We'll get someone to get your units back to the station.  We'll send someone over to the ER to fetch you two for a ride back at the station and we will probably ask more about what happened there.'

Taking the bodycam I look back to the K9 Sergeant.

'Alright you can go find yourself a ambulance outside.'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*nodding i turn to head off to the ambulance* ‘ alright...man this is soo odd being on this end of the shooting protocol’ * i say as i hurry to an ambulance if only to get outta the rain*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

As Patterson leaves I turn to look at the victim whom the M7 crews are now treating.  All of the deputies are doing their part with the investigation leaving me free to head back to 200.  Putting the evidence boxes and bags, with the sidearms and bodycams, in the back of 200 I head to the driver's seat.  Getting in and sitting down I watch the crowd as I wait for the Captain to show up.

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

Russo pulls on scene and I step out of 200.  M7 is carrying out the victim as he meets up with me.

'We have the suspect down.  He tried to break in an kidnap the victim.  Somehow he injected a drug into her which is why she's out and being carried away now.  Probationary Deputy Allen arrived on scene first.  Sgt. Patterson showed up later.  They made entry when they heard some shots coming from inside when the suspect shot the family dog.  They announced their presence and entered with their sidearms drawn.  They found the suspect holding a gun and shot him when he started pointing the gun at them.  Allen attempted...'

Pausing for a bit as I see EMS starting to take away the suspect as well.  By the looks of him I have no idea if he's dead or alive.  Spotting a deputy looking free of doing anything I point to him and motion for him to follow the suspect to wherever they are taking him.

'Allen attempted first aid on the victim while Patterson cleared the rest of the building.  The victim is the one EMS was carrying out first and that's the suspect they're taking away now'

Pointing to the suspect so the Captain knows who I'm meaning.

'I have both Allen's and Patterson's sidearms and body cams secured for evidence in 200.  They're both in separate ambulances waiting to head to the hospital.  I'll have someone take their units back to the station in a bit.'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*The rest of the paramedics load up on the ambulance as it drives off.*

*I am extremely confident that I didn't do anything wrong and I potentially saved a life along with sarge.*

'Let's see how it turns out..'

'You'll be fine, no worries.'

'I hope so.'

*The rest of the ambulance ride is super awkward with total silence other than engine noises.*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

'I have both Allen's and Patterson's sidearms and body cams secured for evidence in 200.  They're both in separate ambulances waiting to head to the hospital.  I'll have someone take their units back to the station in a bit.'

*I hear that Blackburn secured everything. I give a sigh of relief*

'Did you review the footage? Was it a good shoot or should we be worried? Did they both fire?'

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

* after what feels like forever my ambulance, a shiloh volunteer EMS truck pulls away  * ‘ where we heading?’ * i ask seated on the strecher as the medic in the back gets vitals*

medic: ‘ county medical’ * i nod as i lower my portables volume opting to shut it off*
’ alright... ‘ * i reply and the trips awkwardly silent the rest of the way*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'If thats who EMS was rolling out I'm inclined to agree.'

*I take a look around. Theres a dead dog and a broken sword.*

'You know this is pretty fucked up looking. Dead Doge coin dogs and ninja swords and shit. Fucking weird. You have detectives rolling?'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'Yeah, pretty messed up, when did we get put in a kung fu movie?  Detectives are already here.'

Pointing out the units and some of detectives on scene who arrived quite some time ago out of the blue all stealthy like.

'Need me to call one of them over?'

• Haha 1

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Yeah, pretty messed up, when did we get put in a kung fu movie?  Detectives are already here.'

'All this Japanese shit is just really fucking weird and freaking me out a little. Probably why I didn't notice them. Whole house is decorated like a sushi restaurant.'

'Need me to call one of them over?'

'Nah let them do their thing. I have a lot to do now that these two idiots lit someone up.'

*I walk over to the broken sword and take a picture with my phone. I see Blackburn staring at me with his dead soulless eyes.*

'My two youngest like to watch Japanese cartoons, I think its called Japanamation and My youngest is trying to get my middle kid into swords. I wanted to show them that swords are dumb.'

Edited by Z. Russo
Describing Blackburn's look

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

Hearing the Captain talk and explain what he's doing I just kind of shrug.

'Well, they are cool.  Just not in this period of time.  Several centuries ago.  Maybe.'

Looking around there doesn't seem to be much left to be done.  Hopefully I can leave soon.  The paperwork on this is going to be shit.

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Well, they are cool.  Just not in this period of time.  Several centuries ago.  Maybe.'

'They did nothing here. So I think were done here. Maybe if we head back now we can finish this paperwork before midnight. Turn the scene over to the detectives'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'Yeah, I'll go let them know the scene is theirs and I'll see you back at the station.'

Turning away from Russo I head on over to one of the detectives in charge to let them know it's their show now.  With mission accomplished on that I head back to 200 and get in the truck.  Maybe I'll get some grub at some fast food joint before actually getting back to the station.  It's going to be a long day.

"200 clear, scene is in control of the detectives."

That said I drive off.

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

"400 Terminating command. Scene is turned over to the detective squad. Show me returning to the station and available by radio."

*I leave the weird house and walk out to 400. I get in and make my way back to the station where there is a mountain of paperwork waiting for me*

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109