Stevenson Tower

ERT-RPG

Located on the North River side of Fort Shannon, behind Saratoga Theatre on Lyons Ave, the Steveson Tower is the largest building in Fort Shannon and tallest in Shiloh County. 

Stevenson tower is home to multiple offices, several speciality clinics, a gym, an indoor pool and a high end shopping centre. Many of the elite businesses strive to get a foothold in this building. The penthouse is home to Shiloh Stars Restaurant and the roof has a helipad, however this has fallen into disuse and serves mostly as an emergency landing site for the past decade. 

Entering through the back door, I swipe the fob on my keys, activating a solenoid that releases the lock on the door. I open it up and let Kendall take the lead into the hallway. It's only a service hallway, not near as nice as the rest of the building, but I spot the elevator in question that will take us to the real destination. 

'Just over here Kendall. The elevator. Dinner won't be in a service hallway.'

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

'Exactly, that's my real super power. I can even make an elevator interesting.'

As she joins me in the elevator, I can't help but notice how close we are. Given this was never meant for anything other than a couple people transiting to other service hallways, they didn't build it large. I didn't think of the close quarters until we actually ended up in here. Though, I must say, kudos to me. 

I reach over and hit the functioning door close button, and then the button with a white H, which lights up as the elevator starts to move. My arm brushing up against Kendall as I do this, part of me wants to press that red stop button, but something tells me that's not near as romantic in real life. 

I lower my hand from the panel, feeling my skin brush against her arm ever so slightly. 

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

As the elevator goes up with us inside I feel his hand brush on my arm and smile.  Seems he wants to get a bit touchy so I comply and take a slight step closer to him.  Now my waist is touching his waist and my leg is touching his leg.  To play it off like I was about to stumble because of moving elevator I latch my arm around his and hold.

As she touches me back I think I'm definitely breaking some rules. But I also don't like it. As the elevator slows, she doesn't let go. 

'One of the perks of being the most interesting man in Shiloh, is that I can bring you up to the tallest building, put you at the very top and show you every corner of the county and you can look all over for a more interesting man.' Looking down at her arm I look back into her eyes. 'Something tells me though, no matter where you look, you won't find a single man more interesting...'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

I let her words hang for a second or two before of faces move together. I pause for a second, waiting to see if she really wants to make this step. I haven't been happy in my marriage, if I'm honest, it ended last year. This has been long, long overdue.

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

Looking at him looking at me after we exit the elevator and time just seems to slow down.  Not sure how many seconds pass before our lips lock with each other.  Not sure if he wanted this but he did have all the time in the world to stop and certainly I did as well.  Wanting to eat though I pull away first and smile back at the action we took.

'Well at least we got that out of the way.  Shall we eat?'

'Well at least we got that out of the way. Shall we eat?'

Calm. Cool. Collected. This is what I like about her.

'Sure. Honestly, I'm surprised it took that long.' I say, taking a hand and guiding her to a bench that overlooks Acadia Bay. 

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

Picking up the box I figured would be the one she'd enjoy the most I hand it to her. 

'Only the best.' 

Opening mine, I have a little taste and then turn back to Kendall. 

'So one of the perks of this job is the access to arguably the best view in Fort Shannon, and probably only rivalled by the state park, but you don't have to hike for this one.'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

Being handed the box I open it up and I smile.  Got it on the first try.  Though I probably would have eaten the meal he ordered for himself if he had handed me the wrong box.  Digging in to the meal I listen to him talk about his perks of the job and nod as I make myself more comfortable by kicking off my heels.

'Well I wouldn't want to hike.  Not that I hate doing so but, yeah, this place is the best to get this kind of view.  Tell me, what other perks comes with being the Commissioner?'

As I await reply I dig more into my chinese meal.

'Tell me, what other perks come with being the commissioner?'

I move closer to Kendall and touch her. 'Well, I feel like the biggest perk so far has been this.'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

I smile as Kendall moves closer and suddenly I don't think either of us cares too much about the food. I lay my box down and focus all my attention to her, and she does the same. 

*** I'm not writing you erotica. Gross *** that's on my premium site.

As we embrace, I look down at her and smile. 'This is definitely the biggest perk of my job. How about yours.'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801