Zach Russo's Cell Phone

Z. Russo

• 1 month later...

*Hitting the number saved in my phone for Russo, I impatiently wait for the call to go through. It buzzes twice, and then voicemail.*

"You've reached Captain Zachary Russo with the Shiloh County Sheriff Department. Please leave your name and number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."

*Soon better be now.*

"Russo. Burke. Call me back. immediately. You know what it's about. What the hell man."

The last is not a question, as much as a statement.

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

'Well, if I've gotta eat shit because of your fuckup, so help me god. I've got a 20 year old Nissan with your name on it. I'm sure the Sheriff will approve your secondment. What are you doing about this?'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

*Shuddering at the thought of the yellow Nissan.*

'I'm sorry and the cop is even more sorry. Were going to spin this, Sergeant Patterson is going to be our new officer friendly. I have him making a public apology and then were going to use him and his dog as ambassadors of goodwill from the department. Right now I have him off the street but I need your spin doctors to get him on fireside chat to show the dog off and show that hes capable of performing police work and community outreach. I'm going to have the youth section have him go to the schools for a k9 show and tell.'

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

'I'll send an email off to PR. Maybe they can spin something. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get something with Ross again. She seemed friendly, though I don't know if she'll run a spin piece off of my friendly face. You fucked up big time here. Make it right so I don't have to. You can do better.'

*With that, I hang up. I know those words will stick with him. I hope so at least.*

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

• 2 weeks later...

*I type out a quick text.* "Patterson should be bringing in what looks to be a sizable bust. Came out of south Fort Shannon near the marine terminal. Arrested two. Pulled an unregistered firearm off one, too. He's going to tow the vehicle back to HQ to finish tearing it apart, might want to have a look."

SWATsgt.png

Sergeant Scott Wright
Unit 102

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2009

swatbadge.png

Sounds good sir. If its big enough I'll have PIO put it on the twitter. We need all the GOOD PR we can get. If and when that happens I'll call you back so you can be in on the photo. Were any other deputies in on the call?

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*Browsing Twitter on my breaktime in my office I happen up a tweet that seems to be going viral on one of our deputies.  It's a picture with Hawke, an old lady and her 5 year old grandchild, and a chihuahua.  The text that goes with the picture pretty much thanks us and Hawke for finding the dog and the tweet has been liked roughly 500 times while retweeted a little over 1000 times.  Thinking that I should I sent the link to the tweet to Russo through a text.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*I text the picture to PIO and a few hours later I look at the department twitter and the public is eating this up*

'Thanks Andrew the public doesn't thing were assholes any more'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*Dialing from memory.*

'Russo. Burke. How many units you got free right now? I have an inkling about a shit show and feel like Kimberley might need some traffic help.'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

'Well, if I'm honest, and I hope I'm wrong too, but I don't trust Mathers to wipe his own arse. I'm expecting this to be a close the interstate kinda thing. If you've got an OT list, it might be worthwhile to dust it off.'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

'If this is Mather's show were going to be looking at a smoldering crater in about 20 minutes. I'll try and get the guys in the hospital out of there asap.'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'Well, it's light duty anyways. We'll save the SWAT arrest for later. Jesus, I hope that's just a joke. listen, anyways, I've gotta go. I'm coming up on some traffic. '

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

*Texting Russo I send him pictures of the storage with 3 chest freezers, 1 refrigerator, 4 storage cabinets, and several trunks.  I also send him a picture of the Mustang.*

'Going to need some vans and a tow truck to haul this stuff off.'

detfordblackdet.png

Detective Emily Morris
Unit 302

Shiloh County Sheriff Department Detective
Badge 1504

*texts the Number i was given for Capt Russo* 
"Hey Captain its the new Deputy Sticks and i wanted to know if maybe sometime you wanted to go to the range with me and do some shooting im trying to keep up on my shooting from the academy and want a buddy to come with me sometime if you do my address is 34 Cook Street Oxnard and now you have my number"

*Sends text and puts phone back in Pocket*

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*I receive a text from a number I do not have saved, On my day off.*

"I do not have a deputy with the last name Sticks on my roster. If you are one of the new deputies who was recently assigned to my division its considered horrible form to bypass the chain of command to tell your bosses bosses boss that you want to hang out."

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

• 4 months later...

*i pull up Russo’s Number knowing he’s probably going to be pissed I’m texting him this early in the morning*. 

‘Hello Sir you and your Family are invited over for a Steak dinner at my place... the Address is 134 Amboy Rd in Kimberly.’

*i send the text quickly closing the phone snd chucking it in the passenger side seat* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

• 3 months later...

*It's been a day or two since the shootout and the painkillers the docs gave me for the pain are incredible.  Anyways I've got my phone with my as I sit on my couch going through contacts in messenger.*

'Capt, Capt, it's so weird.  I left my car at work and now it's here'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504