Hunting Yogi

M. Price

((3 Deputies, 516 Willow Street, Oxnard, reports of a bear on the loose.  Time: 11:37))

Picking up the call coming in I hear the breathing of a scared woman on the line.

'911, where's your emergency?

'516 Willow Street, you won't believe me but send help quick!'

'What's your emergency?'

'There's a bear running loose in our neighborhood!'

'Is it acting aggressively'

'YES! It almost attacked my neighbor but he got in his house in time!  Now it's destroying another one of my neighbor's cars!'

'Ok, stay on the line I am sending help'

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

Not even a minute or two out of the station when the call goes out but thankfully I was heading towards Oxnard anyways.  Well let's get to it then.

"206 responding"

Seeing as it sounds like the bear is acting aggressively I opt to turn on the lights and sirens.  Perhaps that will scare it away back in the right direction if there actually is a bear there.  Better remember to grab the patrol rifle for the worse case scenario though.

sd208dep.png

Deputy Nathan Keene
Unit 208

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2117

"Oxnard reports of a loose bear"

"206 Responding"

*Getting to my Cruiser and starting it flipping the lights on I grab my mic and press the push to talk*

"216 ERT Show me responding with 206 could you possibly  have EMS stage in their station in case the bear attacks someone"

*Releasing my push to talk I place the mic back into its holder and blip the siren a couple of times pulling out of the station*

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Badge 2204

' no way...,seriously?' * i say as im walking Ajax out to 230 i repeat the call on my portable as i get to my truck loading ajax* ' no shit  i thought that stuff only happened back home'* i take an extra second to grab my lethal shotgun from the back of the truck, also grabbing the slugs for it ,and loading them swapping my rifle for it,worse case if shes hostle  the  guys are bound to have there rifles to* ' a fucking bear,i cant belive it'* i chuckle as i climb into 230 after stowing the guns up front i key up as i head outta the lot,flipping my sirens on the second im clear* "county show 230 responding to the bear" * i set the mic back on my dash  destined to oxnard*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

"206 driving down Willow"

Turning onto the Willow street I flick off my sirens while I keep driving south down the street.  While we have a house number where the bear was last seen we just don't know if it's still there.  Driving a little slower than the speed limit with plans to stop when I see it I keep my eyes moving as I do my search.

sd208dep.png

Deputy Nathan Keene
Unit 208

Badge 2117

"206 driving down Willow"

*hearing 206 is on scene or at least in the area im kinda suprised as i somehow beat 216 pulseing my sirens through a clogged intersection i kill them as i reach for 230's mic and key up* "county, you can show 230 in oxnard" *releasing the mic i let it dangle in my lap as i opt to parallel willow incase the bears changed yards or whatever as i scan yards for bear sign*" 206 from 230,im parallel to you, next street down incase its crossed yards"

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Hearing 206 and 230 sign-off in the area I enter the Oxnard town limits I get over to Willow street and pull up to the address and key up my PTT*

"216 to ERT show me off at the address, 216 to 206 and 230 I'm going to stop at the address and talk with the Caller"

*releasing my ptt and putting my mic down I unlatch my AR and pull it out racking around incase the bear comes out and tries to attack me, I get out my car and sling my rifle closing my door i lock my car and walk up to the house and knock on the door*

'Shiloh county sheriff's office'

*A little Old lady comes to the door and opens it*

'Yes are you here about the bear'

'Yes Ma'am I'm deputy Koster did the bear try to come after you?'

'No it only went after my Neighbor and that car over there'

'
'Okay Ma'am after you called did you happen to see where the bear went?'

'No I didn't Maybe my Neighbor did'

'Okay what address does your Neighbor live at'

'520 Willow'

'
Okay Ma'am for right now stay inside until we know for sure the bear isn't in the area'

*As the Lady walks back into her house i key up my portable mic*

"216 to 206 can you head to 520 Willow the Caller said the person there supposedly almost got attacked"

*Releasing my PTT I go back to my cruiser and get back in and head farther up Willow and to the clearly Dead car to check out the car*

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Badge 2204

Hearing Koster's transmission I am about to copy but then the bear shows up in my sights destroying a trash can.  Pulling to a stop I check the nearest house number and get my patrol rifle ready to take out.

"206, bear spotted, 498 Willow Street"

sd208dep.png

Deputy Nathan Keene
Unit 208

Badge 2117

"206, bear spotted, 498 Willow Street"

*Hearing 206's transmission I flip my car around and start back tracking down Willow street tell i get to 206 and the bear*

'Holy shit there actually is a bear'

*Grabbing my AR from my passenger seat i step out and rest my rifle on the door waiting for Keene to get out and on the bear aswell* 

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Badge 2204

Seeing 216 arrive I now feel better about getting out of my unit.  Grabbing my patrol rifle as I do so I take position behind the open driver's door and get my sights on the bear.

'Must've stopped liking Essex or wherever it came from.'

sd208dep.png

Deputy Nathan Keene
Unit 208

Badge 2117

By now the bear has clearly noticed us and is absolutely watching us however I do not exactly want to shoot unless it's charging at us or one of the neighbors in the area.  Would prefer waiting for the less lethal shotgun to bean the bear out of here but I'm not sure we have much of a choice now.  This is something I would like to relay to Koster but the bear starts charging at us the moment I start to open my mouth.

'Fuck, fire'

Squeezing the trigger on the rifle I feel it's little jolts as each round I shoot pops off.

sd208dep.png

Deputy Nathan Keene
Unit 208

Badge 2117

*the bear starts charging and keene starts to say something and starts popping rounds off, Following Suit and not getting even 4 shots off the bear drops and kinda twitches for a second then stops, I place my gun on safety and bounce over to Keene*

'Good shooting i think it's dead holy shit i honestly didn't expect an actual bear to be here'

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Badge 2204

'Yeah, it might be dead.'

Flicking the safety on my rifle I sling it around my back and start heading towards 206's trunk.

'Want to finish it off with a shotgun?  I'll grab a tarp.  Don't know how long it will take for us to get it's corpse out of here and school let's out in 3 hours.  Don't need little kids coming home to see it, right?'

As I reach 206's trunk I key up the radio.

"206, dispatch, we had to neutralize the bear, is Fish & Game en route?"

sd208dep.png

Deputy Nathan Keene
Unit 208

Badge 2117

Hearing that the Game Wardens are on their way I pull a tarp of 206's trunk and walk over to the bear's apparently deceased body.  After checking to ensure the bear is indeed a corpse we lay the tarp over it and wait the time for Fish and Game to show up by keep on lookers at bay.  When the Wardens finally show up we give our statements them.  We show them where we were standing when the bear charged at us and forced us to use lethal force.  We cooperate with giving them whatever info they ask of us before we hand the scene over to them.

"206, dispatch, scene is in Fish & Game's hand, show me clearing"

Getting back in my unit I start up the engine and drive off.

sd208dep.png

Deputy Nathan Keene
Unit 208

Badge 2117