The Streets

Chris07

I go out into the streets. Damn. It's raining. I dont want to be on the streets anymore. Its raining. 

Turns out I forgot my keys to my helicopter and a locksmith has to come out. The one thing I skipped on was having old school locks instead of upgrading to touch pad. Well. This is unfortunate. So. I walk to a corner cafe. Sit down. Get some coffee. 

Out the window I see people walking. I think to myself.. that's nice. In an alley across I see a guy that appears to be getting mugged. Good thing I'm rich, I think as I have a ccw g18. 

I walk outside, to see if everything's alright. I think in my head, sometimes to save a life, you must take one. 

I come around the guy silently. Hes talking but I dont make any of it out. 

As i get closer, he notices me. I get scared, then I see a bunch of canned food in a bag and hes giving it to a transient.

I spit on the ground in disbelief. He says. "Hey, you ok?" 

I reply. "AY. IM WALKIN HERE" go back to my table and wait for my helicopters locks to be changed. 

• 2 years later...

Merging into traffic, this time without sirens, I make my way down towards my hopefully final destination. Never one for a quiet car ride, and certainly one where I'm proving I'm the most interesting man in Shiloh, I decide to probe a little about Kendall.

'So, tell me, it seems everything about me is public knowledge now, hell you've been the one to interview me, but there's remarkably little about you in the public sphere. Not that I don't hear stories, but tell me, what makes you interesting?' I say, with a lighthearted chuckle. Hopefully that didn't come off insulting. I've been on a roll so far. 

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

'The accent is nice, not quite mysterious though. So what do you do when you're not reporting?'

I turn onto the back road heading up to our final destination.

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

'Oh the usual stuff most people do I guess.  Watch movies, read, workout, bunch of other stuff.  However right now I'd say flirting with the most interesting man in Reckoning.'

It wasn't a far stretch to say I was flirting with him.  Not everything I was doing in this encounter was flirting though.  Just like how he was clearly doing the same with the on and off again flirting.  Keeping my eyes on him I grin as I wait to see his reaction.

Flirting. That's the word I was looking for.

'Well, if some grade A Chinese and a siren got me to flirt, prepare to have your mind blown by the next stop.'

I say, pulling into an alley behind the Stevenson Tower.

'Come with me, being the most interesting man does come with perks.'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801