Kimberley Flooding Disaster Aid

W. Burke

Timewarped assistance, ERT activation with call up of SC Resources to aid with disaster aftermath including search and rescue, and flood mitigation efforts. Also a great place to work on some character stuff. 

Pulling into Kimberley, I flick the lights of my SUV while approaching the roadblock. The SAR volunteer moves the roadblock out of the way and I only slow to a safe speed while passing, instead of making the full stop. I reach down and turn off  the lights as I make my way to the unified command post at the school parking lot to check in. Thank god we don't have the KVFD any more. 

I park my unmarked behind the satcomm vehicle, making care not to block in the white Tahoe used by our dispatchers for their commute. Something about paying extra to drive to Kimberly from home, instead of from the office. Should be time for them to leave soon, and return to the headquarters building. I make a mental note to buy a second one, as now we've got two staff cars tied up for dispatchers to commute, since we can't leave the command post without a radioman, and we can't expect them to teleport. And the county board wouldn't approve a helo transport twice daily. I look in the mirror as I get out and see the white mininvan that serves as 50-84 pulling down the road. Looks like the relief has arrived for the radioman too. 

Stepping out of the car, I lean in and grab my hat. While still a class C uniform, the ERT uniform still looks significantly more formal than most others with our white shirts, and the five gold rows of braid on my shoulders doesn't help. I pull on my hat and look around at the scene. It's still early, so there's mostly just the overnight staff holding down operations. There's very few missing people, and realistically, they probably aren't rescues at this point. 

The flooding of the river into Acadia Bay took out most of the main road through town, damaged most buildings, and ruined most farms. Not to mention the damage to the route 40 heading out of county. The underdevelopment of the area contributed to the majority of the damage. The rest of the county, the damage was mostly minor. Not here. Most the trucks in the base area are ERT, with 1201 as main command, 1203 working as the personnel manager, coordinating check ins and quartermastery. That's about all that the old van is big enough for. Its diminutive size is only made more apparent with the large transport truck parked next to it. Behind 1201, hooked directly into it is our satcomm vehicle, 1206, ensuring that we still have connections to all data streams while the providers try to fix the mess the floods made. The only other vehicles in the command staging area, aside from mine, are the ones driven by the senior agency representatives from Sheriff, Fire and of course ERT. Oh and the most important vehicle, 50-01, the ERT's coffee and food truck, or officially, its "rehab unit." Everyone else has to park over in staging area in the next lot over. That lot is a more diverse grouping of vehicles, including the SCFD's marine truck, the ERT's various support vehicles,  SCSD, local police and other fire apparatus, most of which look to be "reserve" trucks staffed by firefighters, sheriffs, medics and EMTs, and police officers all on overtime. 

I poke my head into 1203, check in and make my way over to command to get the briefing from last night. 

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

After hearing the commissioner would be out at the flood relief site I decide it would be in my best interest to head out there to get some much needed face time with him. I go down to the garage and sign out one of the few vehicles not pulled for flood duty. I take the keys and read the tag on them that reads 50-81. I walk through the garage until I find an aging yellow Nissan.

'Que pedazo de mierda'

*I get into the truck and see that is hasn't been used in a while. As I turn the key it comes to life, But as if it was on life support. The engine slowly turns over and the siren controller beeps on. Pulling the lever for the windshield washer the motor hums and nothing comes out. I pull the truck out of the lot and onto the public road. This is embarrassing and I am questioning if this will even make it out to the flood relief site. As I make the long drive out there I start to see the beginning of the flood damage. As I never really came out to this part of the county, The desolate roads combined with the flood damage make it feel creepier than I would assume it would normally be. As I check Waze for the coordinates for the ERT site, I look up and see a sheep in the road. I quickly swerve into the opposing lane. I correct the Nissan into the right lane. If there was more traffic this could have been a disaster. In the distance, I see a roadblock with one of the SAR trucks parked there. I look down at the siren controller and flick on the lights. The SAR guy moves the barrels out of the way as I roll down the window.*

'What's a pretty little thing like you doing out here by yourself?'

Why do we get the creepiest people imaginable to volunteer for these things?

'I'm with the ERT, I'm assigned to the commissioner's office.'

I say in my most professional voice, not telling him I'm an intern.

'Oh, I didn't know that I thought you could have gotten lost.'

'Is that why I'm in an emergency vehicle with lights, and I have a uniform on.'

'The command post is up the road, But if you get lost.'

'If I get lost I have a radio and I can call the desk.' I say cutting him off.

Before he can answer I put the truck back in gear and go down the road to the command post. I park the truck and sign in, While I'm doing that I subtly ask where the commissioner is and make my way over to him. I see him in the command area and walk over.

'Good morning commissioner.' I say with a smile

Kristen Santana-Estevez

ERT Emergency Response Intern

CFU School of Public Affairs

Despite this being a major disaster scene, and the ERT taking coordination of such events, I am not an IC. The ERT has several very qualified incident command officers. One of which is our Director of Emergency Preparedness Ruth Renken. She comes in shortly behind me, and we join the IC together for the briefing prior to hand off. 

"And, overnight we had one more road collapse, the last remaining section of Route 40 that was left between the two main washouts." Lt. Kelp from LMAS said. A background with the Coast Guard, retired on full pension at 24 years service, and still a relatively young woman, brought her skills to the ERT. "We did have a team nearby, but they confirmed no other damage. I was looking at the aerials, and I want to get the drone back up and do another flyover of that area, maybe if we can get ERT1 up again too, we can run the area again."

"Thanks Julia." Commissioner Renken said. "Looks like we're almost ready to go. Commisioner?" She said, deferring to me? "Anything you wanted to ask before we switch command?"

"No, looks like that's about it. I'll make a call over to SCSD and see if we can get the drone back out. And I think another flyover is a good idea for ERT1."

I get a nod from both, and Lt. Kelp sheds her white IC vest, passing it over to Asst. Commissioner Renken. While Renken takes over, I look over the maps once again before heading out of the CP to the staging area to see what resources are there. 

'Good morning commissioner.' Kristen says, greeting me on the steps of the CP. 

"Good morning Kristen. Did you check in with logistics? If so, I'm headed over to staging to chat with SAR and Sheriff to look at anther washout at Route 40."

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

"Good morning Kristen. Did you check in with logistics? If so, I'm headed over to staging to chat with SAR and Sheriff to look at another washout at Route 40."

'Yes sir I did. I'm not sure if you were aware but there appear to be some barnyard creatures that have escaped from a farm. I almost had an incident with one on the way over here.'

*I say trying to downplay the sheep that was wandering the road when I arrived. We walk over to the staging area*

'So where do you want me for this?'

Kristen Santana-Estevez

* finally done with my preflight stuff and the logistics work for what ill probably need in terms of fuel ectra  i now hunt for whoever my coordinator is as well as anybody free that might want an overflight,ill need to work on airdrop points for relief but that can be later as the packages arnt yet ready honerstly itys a waiting game which as a former medevac pilot,kills me sometimes but thats the job* 'hmm,ah there we go  guess i let the comissioner know seeing as i cant find my direct boss' * i say as i aproach the command post,smoothing my flight overalls as i walk up* 'hello commissioner,been looking for my specfic coordinator but couldent find them so i figured ifd let you know that can put the bird up now that the FAA finally signed off and logistics got there paperwork on what i can carry on board,if you know any team leads that might want an air view of everything im more then happy to do that too' * i smile at him and the women hes with* 'Amber Hutchinson,im helo 1's pilot' * i say introduceing myself*

Amber Hutchinson
ERT Helo-1
Shiloh County Emergency Response Team

My khaki pants and polo shirt are definitely getting all muddied up as I walk the terribly battered streets of Kimberly with an umbrella over my head and important paperwork to be signed in a satchel strapped over my shoulder.  Thankfully I'm only a half a mile to my destination of the Flood Relief Ops Area as this trip here from Ft. Shannon has been hell.  Curse the Administration Office for sending me out on this endeavor and not giving me an office vehicle to use.  Oh my poor old 92 Cavalier.  It barely lasted a mile into town before the rear axle just completely fell off after hitting pothole after pothole.  With how things are now it's probably being washed into the river with all the flooding going on here.  Bye bye Chevy, I sigh as I let down my hair from the bun it was tied up in, if I'm going to look a mess then I might as well look like it.

Reaching the ops area I am almost stopped by someone but being to fed up to care I just flash him my badge as I walk on in looking for Burke.  Thankfully the Commissioner is an easy man to find as he is out and about moving from area to area.

'Sir, sorry to bother but the Administration's Office sent me because they need your John Hancock on these documents they sent with me.'

As I say this I pull out the paperwork from the satchel and proceed to try and hand them over.  This better not be a damn prank from my bosses.

'They didn't tell me what they were, just told me they were important and needed to be signed now.'

Megan Ludlow

Administration Offices

"An incident? Did you run over Mary's Little Lamb? Actually don't answer that. SPCA should come by this afternoon, you can speak with them. I don't want to have to give notice to Mary."

'So where do you want me for this?'

Sizing up Kristen in her uniform, I make the smart decision to speak with my work brain, not something else. An ERT polo tucked into the standard uniform pants. Not exactly sexy, but, still works for me. Her dark hair is tied back in a ponytail tucked into an ERT Ballcap, so she's definitely ready to work. At least as much as anyone else. 

"If you want, you can come with me, I'm going to check in with SAR and see if we can't get a drone from the sheriffs to survey the area. Did they issue you coveralls? Not sure if you'd wanna cover up or not in the county. Roads are in hard shape and that's the best of the town."

Before she can answer, I hear another voice speak up. 

"Hello commissioner, been looking for my specific coordinator but couldn't find them so i figured ifd let you know that can put the bird up now that the FAA finally signed off and logistics got there paperwork on what i can carry on board,if you know any team leads that might want an air view of everything im more then happy to do that too' * i smile at him and the women hes with* 'Amber Hutchinson,im helo 1's pilot' 

"I would check in with the IC today, that's Assistant Commissioner Renken. She's in the Command Post. I know we were discussing a flyover of the town for any new damage overnight. I'm just on my way over to the staging area to check in with the Sheriff Drone, and see about tasking some of the SAR teams out."

Not giving the pilot a chance to respond, I not and head over to the parking lot before anyone else can stop me. It's hard being popular. 

'Sir, sorry to bother but the Administration's Office sent me because they need your John Hancock on these documents they sent with me. They didn't tell me what they were, just told me they were important and needed to be signed now.'

Jesus H. Christ riding on a stolen bike. Does no one understand the glow in the dark incident command vests?

I look at this woman, clearly in an ERT uniform, but dressed like a dispatcher in dirty Khaki pants. 

"I'm sorry, who are you? Can this wait? I'm kind of in the middle of something here."

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

"I'm sorry, who are you? Can this wait? I'm kind of in the middle of something here."

Fucking sigh.  Did I not say what department I am with and that this was important.

'Megan Ludlow, with the Administrations Offices.  They sent me over here with something to sign and they did say it was important.  Just take a da--... a look at the papers and decide if it's important after that.  Please.'

Yeah, I'm buying a fucking Viper for this shit.  Don't care how much it puts me in debt or if I get audits on my ass for it.

Megan Ludlow

Administration Offices

"If you want, you can come with me, I'm going to check in with SAR and see if we can't get a drone from the sheriffs to survey the area. Did they issue you coveralls? Not sure if you'd wanna cover up or not in the county. Roads are in hard shape and that's the best of the town."

'They didn't give me any coveralls. It took them a while for them to get pants that fit right. You know, Latina problems.'

*I say with a grin as I make eye contact. I know he's looking as A few other people bombard Burke with introductions and questions as I follow him to staging*

Kristen Santana-Estevez

'Megan Ludlow, with the Administrations Offices.  They sent me over here with something to sign and they did say it was important.  Just take a da--... a look at the papers and decide if it's important after that.  Please.'

Visibly upset, and also visibly a mess, I pause for a second and look at the receipts she hands me. 

"Lublow you said, is it?" I thumb through some sheets and confirm, each one is a receipt. "Did you look at these before you rushed out to Kimberley, chased me down and insisted I sign them?"

With the hesitation to an answer, I continue. "I suggest you do take a look, from what I see, these are all small value purchases, small enough to not even require a PO. So far, I noticed some coffee pods, a bag of chips and lastly this one here," I say holding a sheet out, trying to temper myself, "looks like it's an e-receipt from Walmart for two notepads."

I pass the papers back to her and decide I'm already tired of people.

"Next time you come to chase me down, please don't interrupt actual ERT business for receipts. I believe Admin services handles that shit internally. Oh, and I strongly suggest you review the uniform wear and appearance policy for ERT staff. This..." I say, pointing to the dirty kahkis and messy hair, "does not represent the ERT well."

I walk away from her without a further word, and when we're just out of earshot, I hear Kristen answer my previous question, without missing a beat. 

'They didn't give me any coveralls. It took them a while for them to get pants that fit right. You know, Latina problems.'

Why lord must you test me.

"Well, as long as you get dirty doing work, that's not as bad. But if you're coming with me, expect it to be dirty."

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

Listening as Burke rips apart one of the other intern or low level ERT drone for interrupting actual business and looking like shit while doing it. Ive never seen him get nasty with someone but it was real interesting to see him get dominant with someone.

"Well, as long as you get dirty doing work, that's not as bad. But if you're coming with me, expect it to be dirty."

'Getting dirty better be a promise.'

I say under my breath just loud enough so he can hear

Kristen Santana-Estevez

Mentally cursing to myself with a bunch of non-existent words within my head I take the full brunt of the Commissioner's verbal backlash.  Well shit, maybe I would have looked if I wasn't an intern easily fire-able and wasn't at all concerned if the contents were confidential above my pay-grade.  All I was told is they were important and needed to be signed by Commissioner Burke.  Want to throw this shit in the trash now cause of course it was a prank.  Fucking sigh.  Hearing Burke then go off about my appearance I hold myself back as much as I can until he gives me a chance to talk.  However he doesn't give me a chance as he just walks away with another intern.

'Fuck'

Putting the receipts back in the satchel I decide to just leave the Ops area and head to see if my Cavalier is still on the side of the road where I left it.  It's the only place I want to be right now.  Of course after I leave the area I take off my polo shirt as it was pointed out I don't want to stain the name of ERT anymore than I have apparently.  Stuffing the discarded polo in the satchel I guess it's a good thing I wore a black tank-top underneath today.

Megan Ludlow

Administration Offices

As we get to the staging area, I hear Kristen mumble something under her breath. Maybe it was something about what I said to the aide, but likely something else based on the little smirk on her face. 

I see a grey unmarked chevy Z10 parked, which could pass as any other department's unmarked unit until I notice the white dress shirt with an SCSD patch on the arm. As I approach the window, he notices me and lowers the glass. The single gold bar on his collar indicates he's a sheriff's lieutenant, but not someone I know. 

"Good morning Commissioner. How's it going?" He asks, I notice looking at his chest tag it says J. Gloser. I do recognize that name, he's the Community Affairs Guy. 

"Not bad, wondering if you can get your drone team out here again today? We're putting the helo up soon I think, but it'd be good to do another survey of Route 40. Another collapse last night."

"Yeah, of course, I'll get on the radio and get them out." he responds.

"Perfect." I say, tapping the door as I walk on.

I pass two other SCSD vehicles, one is an old reserve unit, with the white and gold scheme, and another in the white and black scheme from the Oxnard absorbed units. Neither has a deputy in it, meaning they're likely mulling around somewhere. 

Walking back over to command, I notice Marine 51 from SCSD, being followed in by an old spare squad and two more fire trucks, one with E93 on the front door and an old rescue with 99 on the back panel. I resist the urge to raise a fist and shout "99!" as they wave to me pulling into the lot, and make my way back to command more or less silently. 

"So, have you ever worked with the SAR guys before? I'd like to see you get into the field today. We had a washout, so I was thinking you take a team of them to check out the washout and check for anything new around there. We've still got a handful of missing people too, might find a live rescue if you're lucky." 

Before she has a chance to answer, I notice the SAR team en route to the staging area coming down the road. The Remote Rescue truck, the Evidence Search Team and the passenger van, followed by an unmarked grey superduty, pulling a bright yellow trailer all travel in a convoy, with red lights flashing, but no sirens activated. 

"Looks like USAR is behind them too, but we won't be taking them with us, they're essentially a solo gig."

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

"I would check in with the IC today, that's Assistant Commissioner Renken. She's in the Command Post. I know we were discussing a flyover of the town for any new damage overnight. I'm just on my way over to the staging area to check in with the Sheriff Drone, and see about tasking some of the SAR teams out."

* i nod as he replys seems the Logistics guy was wrong on who was IC, and as ive been on personal leave for a while, i expected things to be messy*

'Thank you sir,'

* i fire off as he walks away but its doubtful he's heard me,ignoreing the verbal rip he gives the other women,one with a satchel im about to introduce mysef but she storms off,poor girl just got destroyed twice,turning for the command truck i dig into a pocket of my flight suit,more paperwork just the stuff i need to give  to whoevers incharge  of running the show for my bird,  its essentally a 'cheatsheet' of sorts of my numbers for payload and the like so when im assigned a hoist or whatever it can be as efficient as possible stuff i have memorized but helo 1s coordinator might not ,i also have an abridged breifing of what i had planned for in terms of operations but its the IC'S call as to what i do,spotting the Red Vest im about to ask when some random tech who works the post moves and i clearly see Incident Command(commander?) upon it,she spots me and  after we find a somewhat quiet spot in the truck i lay out everything i was going to tell the comissioner,gameplans what i can and cant do ectra,this is gonna be a long briefing*

Edited by Vanguard

Amber Hutchinson
ERT Helo-1

*Despite my own water issues in Oxnard I’ve been working when I can on any overtime I could get, so here I was filling in with our marine unit team, while I won't be diving or anything they were down a guy so I'm driving the rig for em and ill run whatever RHIB they might use,i had offered to get my personal boat but never got an answer so i assume it wasn't needed however its hooked to the back of my 350 just in case, but generally wherever I could help I had been, being used to pulling long shifts I've must of bounced between 2 or three different rigs during the night, I’m due to grab some shuteye soon opting to sleep in my personal trucks bed with a sleeping bag, parked with a lot of the SAR Volunteers who worked overnight,most of which are leaving to go home, they'll be back tonight but a few like myself  have slept wherever they could on site or near it due to the commute*  

'Charlie, you want anything, I’m hitting rehab up for some grub?' 

*The other guy with me albeit from one of the reserve squads shrugs a no as I turn to head over* 

'Suit yourself, don’t say i didn't offer man'  

*A short walk over and I’m at rehab, it's not very  busy but there's enough people here that the few folding tables by it are somewhat full either way I grab one of the few remaining breakfast sandwiches and a Red Bull and plop into a seat enjoying the small break before I head to my truck crawl into my sleeping bag in the bed and crash the hell out for a few precious hours* 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1319

"So, have you ever worked with the SAR guys before? I'd like to see you get into the field today. We had a washout, so I was thinking you take a team of them to check out the washout and check for anything new around there. We've still got a handful of missing people too, might find a live rescue if you're lucky." 

'I met one on my way in here and he was creepy and hitting on me. But you want me to lead a team? How many are still missing?'

Kristen Santana-Estevez

Ignoring her creepy comment, I continue, "Well, not exactly lead a team, but liaise. The SAR guys have their own team leaders and know their stuff, you'd essentially be along in case they find anything. Last I checked, there's about ten unaccounted for, might be missing, might just've left town and didn't bother checking in. Not a lot of cell service out here normally, and not a lot of cell phones, so people don't have em." How they can live like that in 2023 is beyond me.

As we get back to command, I see the pilot leaving the CP and a small contingent from SCFD getting breakfast at rehab. 

"I saw our more elite guys from the EST come in just then, maybe get you out with them, get you familiar with their operations. Why, would you consider a fulltime gig with ERT as a coordinator or something?"

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

*Yet another briefing down, I exit the CP glancing at my watch and spotting the commissioner and that other Hispanic intern, or at least I think she's an intern. I'm headed to my bird but the canteen's on the way so I think I'll opt for a coffee first and I might as well offer*

'Hello again commissioner, I'm heading to rehab to grab coffee before I start my preflight check, either of you want a coffee by chance?'

Amber Hutchinson
ERT Helo-1

"Hi Amber," Finally, someone offering me something, instead of asking for it, "I'll take a pass right now, I'm trying to kick caffeine, but I don't know about Ms. Santana Estevez." 

As she answers Amber, I make my way to the Command Post and check with Ruth to confirm that we're good to go with the EST. When I get back, I see Amber gone, presumably to grab herself a coffee, and potentially Kristen. 

"Alright, Assistant Commissioner Renken says the EST is getting ready and should be able to start a search there soon, but if you wanted to go up with me, we can do a flyover of the town for new damage, and then you can report it back to Renken. Could be a good practice for you. Ever been in a helicopter before?" 

I'll get that bitch a helicopter ride, bitches love helicopter rides

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

"Alright, Assistant Commissioner Renken says the EST is getting ready and should be able to start a search there soon, but if you wanted to go up with me, we can do a flyover of the town for new damage, and then you can report it back to Renken. Could be a good practice for you. Ever been in a helicopter before?"

'I did once when I was 7 but I haven't been since. I was so scared then but I'm kind of excited now.'

Kristen Santana-Estevez

"Well, let's go. Hutchinson!" I call out to the pilot, "Think we can get in the air soon?" When I get a nod, I head into command to let Renken know and check coordinate. 

"Well, I'm going to take that intern with us, yeah Estevez. Yeah, once she's up there, we'll see how she works out in the air. Maybe get her to give you the briefing. I think that'll help her get her sea legs. Or at least weed her out. We had this raggedy-ass looking intern come up to get me to sign for coffee earlier. Real nasty attitude too. I want to make sure this one isn't that bad too."

After getting to the end of the conversation, I nod, head out into the parking lot and then over to my truck. I toss my hat in there, since it'll just be a hazard in the downwash, and grab my portable radio out of the charger in the console. 

"Alright Kristen, you ready for a run? Basically, we're going to survey the area, report back damages and when we get down, we'll have you brief the IC."

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

"Alright Kristen, you ready for a run? Basically, we're going to survey the area, report back damages and when we get down, we'll have you brief the IC."

*Feeling a little bit nervous that I have to address the Assistant Commissioner. We make our way to the chopper and Burke opens the door for me.*

'Is there anything I should be looking for?'

*I say as I slide down the gray vinyl covered bench.*

'Put these on?'

*I motion to the headset hanging from a hook*

Kristen Santana-Estevez

* jogging back from my coffee trip i hear the commissioner ask if were flying today,i pull a tablet outta my flight suit and tap at the display,checking the weather at any altitude, by now im walking with the group to the helo,pocketing my tablet i speak as the intern holds up a headset*

'thats an intercom,it allows us to talk over the rotor noise without needing to shout, each headset back there can plug into any jack on the bird for redundency incase one fails,theres also helmets with built in mics for the same reasons and purpose,i just got them stowed away right now barring mine for the anti glare of the visor'

* i pull my tablet again as i start my walk around,doing my visual check even though i did already*

'its not currently configured for it,but i can load a litter in here with basically all the stuff youed find on an ambulance hanging from any number of stowable fold down hooks, all in all i can carry  seven thousand pounds of weight internally,or sling eight thousand pounds underneath,with the base aircraft,any qurstions?'

* i ask as i finish my walk around and pull up my preflight list*

Amber Hutchinson
ERT Helo-1

'Is there anything I should be looking for? Put these on?'

*Santana-Estevez motions to the headset hanging from a hook*

"Damage, debris, new wash outs, things that look like they don't belong. Also errant bank trucks with money pouring out the back. And I wouldn't mind a few ice cream carts if we can find any. And the headset, I suppose that depends how much you like your hearing and how much you want to hear the rest of us. Just remember, until I start paying you for your services, Workers Comp won't cover you."

As the pilot runs through her speech with the intern, I climb into the left seat and start strapping myself in.

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

'that's an intercom, it allows us to talk over the rotor noise without needing to shout, each headset back there can plug into any jack on the bird for redundancy incase one fails, there's also helmets with built in mics for the same reasons and purpose, I just got them stowed away right now barring mine for the anti glare of the visor its not currently configured for it,but I can load a litter in here with basically all the stuff you'd find on an ambulance hanging from any number of stowable fold down hooks, all in all, i can carry  seven thousand pounds of weight internally, or sling eight thousand pounds underneath, with the base aircraft, any questions?'

'We don't have a history of crashing right?'

*I say half jokingly*

"Damage, debris, new wash outs, things that look like they don't belong. Also errant bank trucks with money pouring out the back. And I wouldn't mind a few ice cream carts if we can find any. And the headset, I suppose that depends how much you like your hearing and how much you want to hear the rest of us. Just remember, until I start paying you for your services, Workers Comp won't cover you."

'So does that mean there's a job opening in the future?'

*I put my seatbelt on. I'm not super excited about the helicopter since my dad tried to scare me when we did the helicopter tour when I was a kid. The pilot does her preflight and gets in*

Kristen Santana-Estevez