A Bloody Mess Call Number 20230812

M. Price

((2x SHERIFF UNITS PLUS SUPERVISOR, M1, THIRD STREET SOUTH ALLEY, FT. SHANNON, MAN BLEEDING OUT))

"911, where's your emergency?"

"There's, oh, uh, I'm in an alley off of Third Street South, near West Side Drive, in Ft. Shannon"

"What's your emergency?"

"There's a Reds fan, I mean he's wearing a Reds jersey, bleeding out a lot here."

"Is he responsive?"

"Well, he's still alive, he's breathing heavily but he's not saying anything.  Just kind of staring off into space here."

"Ok, can you just stay on the line so I can get more info, I'm dispatching some Sheriff units and EMS"

Spoiler

long and lat [545.4492187500001, 60.0582608653232]

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

Well at least I had lunch before being called out to anything I think to myself as I pull out of my space and head towards the call.  Should only be 5 minutes away as I pull out from the KFC parking lot and head south on Bay Street.

"200, responding"

Letting go of the mic I flip on the Silverado's lights and sirens.

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*After resuming patrol after dealing with the nursing home patient.*

"220 Patrol supervisor, Do we have any information aside from a man down whose bleeding?"

'These dispatchers don't know how to do their jobs.'

*I say as flip the slide switch to 3 and hit the siren*

"220 Show me going backing 200."

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2049

*As we sit in the bay and I finish my ACR in the passenger's seat with the door ajar and take a pull from my vape. BJ gives me a look. The KDT lights up and starts ringing. I hit the acknowledge button and close the door.*

'Guy is bleeding in an alley, unresponsive but bleeding. Off of third st south.'

*I take a second hit off my vape.*

'I would have liked to get a green tea or something before we got hit again, But it is what it is'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

"Copy 200 & 220, marking you responding.  Gunshots are now being reported being heard in the area around half an hour ago.  Victim is a black male in their mid-30s wearing a Cincinnati Reds jersey.  No additional info to go on beyond that."

Seeing M1 hit their acknowledge button on screen I mark them en route.

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

"Copy 200 & 220, marking you responding.  Gunshots are now being reported being heard in the area around half an hour ago.  Victim is a black male in their mid-30s wearing a Cincinnati Reds jersey.  No additional info to go on beyond that."

"Gunshots 30 minutes in the past? Were there any shotspotter activations or any calls in regards?"

At what point did you think it was poignant to tell me that we were rolling into a shooting? These dispatchers have gone from terrible to actively trying to get us killed.

*I gun the engine to the explorer as I curse the dispatcher*

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

Male Bleeding. Nope.

I continue to observe traffic while I wait for something interesting to happen. 

While Bruno and the dispatcher audibly get pissed with each other, neither for something they can control, I shift into drive and activate my lights, when they finish, I key up.

"217, rather 213, also going. I'm not far from the scene. Advise SWAT to go on standby ERT, could be an active." says the lowest ranking member responding, but also the only one qualified for SWAT. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department 
Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'Guy is bleeding in an alley, unresponsive but bleeding. Off of third st south.' She stops to puff her vape. 'I would have liked to get a green tea or something before we got hit again, But it is what it is'

'This okay for sirens now lou?' I say, reaching for the lights master, not waiting for a response. A second after the lights come to life, I activate the wail, and cycle through with one hand while I navigate around the block. 'Should we be staging?'

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Benjamin J. Jacobowski, III
Medic 1

Badge 2201

Listening to the radio as I continue traveling south I hear the questions from Bruno to dispatch and man, that one does not like dispatchers.  Or anyone for that matter.  Hearing 213 also responding I hear Wagner request SWAT be on standby and I almost want to call that off immediately but this might be an active so it's probably not a bad idea.

"200 to 220, 213.  If your first to arrive block off the scene upon your arrival.  I want that scene clear for EMS immediately."

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

"Copy from 213." I say into the mic, dropping it into the cupholder. 

Clearing an intersection, I remove the lock from the rifle next to me, and get ready for arrival. Gunshots and bleeding victim generally means the two go together, and the only missing ingredient is the shooter. I'd prefer he stay missing, but I'm not banking on that one just yet.

"220, 213, I'm about a minute or two out. ERT, you get any additional calls on this one?"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"220, 213, I'm about a minute or two out. ERT, you get any additional calls on this one?"

"220, I'm about a quarter mile behind 213. When we get there we deploy long arms and start securing the scene for EMS. If it's bad one of us can grab the IFAK"

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

'This okay for sirens now lou?

BJ says as he hits the lights and flips the siren on

Should we be staging?'

'Do we have guns? Are we the police? What do you think?'

Want to be smart with me well, you picked the wrong person

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

"Copy that ERT, Yeah 220, I'm coming up now, will secure scene, we've got a couple of bystanders around now. Might need some more units. ERT Show 213 on."

I turn off the siren as I block the outside lane and get out with my rifle. 

"SHERIFF DEPARTMENT! Everyone down, everyone down. Let me see your hands."

All but one guy, who is kneeling at the injured complies. I don't aim at anyone, but just the presence of a long gun tends to control things a little more.

"Hey guy, hey guy! Sheriff! What are you doing!" I say, touching him on the shoulder

"He's been shot. I'm trying to keep pressure."

"Okay, you keep that up. Did you see him get shot?"

"No, I found him on the ground like this. I don't know what happened. He said he was shot."

I size up the victim, who is still breathing, but looks unconscious. Guess he said that before we arrived. Satisfied that the victim and his aider are not a threat, I look over the scene with my gun to make sure there's no threat.

"213 reporting scene secure. Going to need some help closing off the alleyway, we've got a few witnesses. Bystander first aid in progress, we need EMS asap."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*comming off my lunch break,opting to of gone inside my radio had been low so while ive heard the clusterfuck of n argument or whatever between dispatch and bruno ive also heard the rest,with comms finally somewhat calmed down i finally key up after hearing wagner calling the scene secure* "county from 230,show me responding" * i doubt there gonna need me but at the same timee i heard jerry mention he possibly wanting more units,and aside from bruno and blackburn ive not heard anybody else pick this up sooo i guess im  the only other unit hes currently getting as i let the trucks mic sit in my lap* 'hang on ajax' * i say as i open up the durango tear outta ther parking lot i had parked in and flip position 3 on my lights opting for both my wail and rumbler,alternateing them as i haul ass to the call even though ill probably arrive after the brass and command*

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*I pull in the alley behind 213.*

"220, On scene."

*I slam the car in park and the siren kills. I hit the lock for the gun and grab it as I step out. Seeing a bystander trying his best I get the blast kit out of the back. Walking over I kneel down.*

'Work around me, bro.'

*Saying to the bystander as I open up the IFAK and pull the knife off my belt and cut the shirt. Seeing numerous entry wounds I am shocked that he lasted this long. I grab the chest seal out of the IFAK and try to apply it without much success.*

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

When Bruno arrives and starts first aid, I lower my rifle to the ready position and walk towards a witness that I'd previously ordered down. 

"alright, we've got a guy with several gunshot wounds. Who saw something? Don't play stupid."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

' huh,medics nor the lieutenant are there yet,wonder how bad it is'* i say to myself as i see lights from  what i figures our scene granted im approaching from the south  so i opt to key up* "county from 230,aproaching scene from the south" *letting the mic fall into my lap i reach down and flip my traffic advisor on  cutting into both north bounf lanes blocking for the medics arivial so they can just pull up  ive left them room to turn and burn to a hospital* "230 on scene  got the northbound lanes blocked by our ally" * i say into my portable as i unlock and sling my patrol rifle  grabbing the IFAK i keep  on my ankle and moving to the back hatch of the durango to grab my medical kit as well im not sure how bad everything is or what if any bystander aid has been rendered* 'yo bruno,jerry wheres EMS i got my kit with me' * i say as i jog over to the ally in question*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

'BJ skip staging, we're going right in"

'Copy that Lou!" I say eager to jump into action and try to save the victim. I've worked a lot of incidents before, but never a shooting. I'm excited and scared at the same time. 

Coming around the corner, I see the reds and blues of the sheriff units, both almost haphazardly blocking the scene. I let the passenger seat handle radios and I turn off the siren, skillfully placing the rig as close to the scene as possible, in case we need quick transport, all while not blocking any doors. 

When I shift into park, I activate antitheft, grab the keys from the ignition, securing them on my belt, and then undo my seatbelt to get to work. 

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Benjamin J. Jacobowski, III
Medic 1

Badge 2201