Brush Fire #2 Call Number 20230807

A. Tai

ENGINE 1, BRUSH 4, POSSIBLE BRUSH FIRE, POSSIBLE WILDLIFE INVOLVED, HARBOR PARK REVOLUTIONARY WAR MONUMENT

"Uh, Engine 1, Brush 4, ERT, we've got a second fire near the revolutionary war monument in the park, are you able to respond?"

"Brush 4 copies, we're on the way."

"Copy that 4, be advised, reports of a screaming monkey in the area. I've notified animal control, unsure what's happening here."

Latitude: 69.34313846323519, Longitude: 529.0795898437501

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

"scremaing monkey..."

"Guys, saddle up, we've got another call in the park!" I call out to the crew, abandoning our cart in the lineup. Saved by the... monkey?

Climbing into the truck, which Valentine pulled up to the fire lane for us, I pull on my headset. 

"ERT, Engine 1, we copy and are responding. Please confirm, did you say screaming monkey?"

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2001

Well, here we go again I think to myself as I leave the store and listen to what dispatch has to say.

'What?'

Climbing back into my seat on the engine I ponder if what I heard dispatch say was correct.

'Did they really say a monkey?'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

'after this run,we need fuel cap,i dident get to do my truck check cause of our first park fire and last shift forgot to top off this morning before turning it over to us' * i say as i jog to the rig jen beating me to it and calling us responding already while i in one fluid motion climb in,start the rig and subsequently flip the lights on,hearing landons door close i pull away,engageing the sirens as i exit the lot,pulling my headset and seatbelt on as soon as im straight on the street,my knee helping steady the wheel for the split few seconds it all takes* 'screaming monkey huh,think it started the fire?' * i ask jokingly as we get headed to the call*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

I wonder to myself why Dave came flying out of the truck to greet us. But hey, kudos for his energy. I don't have it. 

'Did they really say a monkey?'

'screaming monkey huh,think it started the fire?'

"Man, I have no idea. today is not our day. This is nucking futs."

"ERT, do you have an ETA for animal control. We're not qualified in monkey wrangling." I say into the mic, and then let go of the key, "But if they make us, I call rank, you two can fight it out."

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

• 2 weeks later...

'the Academy,nor the Navy  never taught  monkey wrestling but we can figure something out,either that or give that job to brush 4,give em something to do,cause i plan on getting us there first again' * i say as i head towards our second fire when jen drops a nucking futs,i chuckle

'tell me about it,todays been bananas'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

As we approach the memorial, I key the microphone as I hit on scene. 

"ERT, Engine 1, we're on scene, I've got smoke showing and a large crowd gathering around the burning bushes. My designation will be Harbor Park Command again, we're going to require sheriff on scene for crowd and monkey control."

" don't see the fucker yet, but I'm not handling curious george. Where the hell did they find a monkey?"

Dave parks the truck and I undo my belt, climbing out of the cab and putting on my red helmet.

"OVER HERE!" some civilian calls out. Gee thanks guy. I couldn't see from the smoke and fire. I was going to start checking the bath rooms at the museum first. 

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*as i  park the rig and move to my panel my eyes scan around looking for our monkey buddy aside from that its just gonna be the bumperline again but this time im by a hydrant o while i dont need to  i pull the drivers supply and plug in just incase with the added benefit of topping my tank back up  ive yet to see either animal control or any cops however brush 4 soon rolls up having my guess been close,charging the bumperline,its a waiting game till landons got everything out,unless brush yoinks the line from him*

Edited by Vanguard
fixed typoed name

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

Seeing the fire in the bushes as the engine comes to a stop I hop out and pull the bumper line as I get close to it.  As Valentine charges the line I open up the nozzle and soak the bushes until the fire is good and out.  Setting down the line I head back to the engine and grab the can before heading back to the bushes for overhaul.  After checking the area for a good few seconds I start turning back.

'Looks out to me, Brush can deal with the monkey'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021