Platoon Chief's Office and Quarters

ERT-RPG

I smile as she tells me that and I shrug.

'I don't know. There are some deserving guys here. And, honestly...I want the pay raise, and I want the job eventually, but I don't know if I really want it yet. I'm in a really good spot as Captain. Still an officer, do a lot of active command stuff, but I still get to go inside with my guys on the regular. Moving here...I don't know, it loses a lot of the activeness. Makes me a desk jockey. I don't know if I'm ready for that. And it's not like we critically need the money. I mean, I'll be topped out Captain pay in two years.'

I really was conflicted about going after the job, but of course, it didn't matter how I felt as long as there weren't openings.

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Mark shrug after his smile I listen to his response.  Hearing his response I smile back in understanding.

'Ok then, you deserve it permanently, whenever you are ready for it.'

Well, if he wasn't ready for it yet then who am I to persuade otherwise.  Especially when we are doing good right now in our current positions.  It was also his decision to make and not mine to influence in any way.  Deciding on that fourth slice I snatch it from the box and take a bite knowing that I likely won't finish this one.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504