Platoon Chief's Office and Quarters

ERT-RPG

I listen closely, being sure to let her talk.

'I see. I know you did everything you could, don't be so rough on yourself.'

I stop for a moment, letting her compose herself.

'Kat, are you sure you're okay to be at work? You're obviously not okay. And it's okay to not be okay. But you can't half-ass this job, you know that. You sure your mind is in the right place?'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Kat, are you sure you're okay to be at work? You're obviously not okay. And it's okay to not be okay. But you can't half-ass this job, you know that. You sure your mind is in the right place?'

'Uh.... Yea sure i'm okay... even if i wasn't i couldn't afford to miss more time anyways i used up all my pto and sick leave dealing with the divorce'

*i give a big sigh knowing that Stone was most likely going to send me home*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

'If you are one hundred percent confident you're good to be here, then I'm going to trust you. But don't lie to me, okay? Are you confident you're good?'

I should probably send her home, but I wasn't sure that being alone was the best thing for her. Being around all of us was probably better.

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'If you are one hundred percent confident you're good to be here, then I'm going to trust you. But don't lie to me, okay? Are you confident you're good?'

'I'm as good as i can be for going through all this if i'm not i'll let you know'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

'Okay. If you say you're good then I'm gonna trust you. But, I need you to at least take some of this paperwork about the EAP. Give them a call. And get with Dave about the union's resources.'

I open a desk drawer and pull out a couple pamphlets about the EAP and the counseling and therapy benefits, passing them to her.

'You let me and Evelyn know if you need anything, okay? You know we're here for you.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'You let me and Evelyn know if you need anything, okay? You know we're here for you.'

'Thank you if i'm going to be honest i've been worried James might try to take me back to court and this is all one big plan to fuck up my life even more then it already has been because of him'

*reaching in my pocket i pull out some training paperwork*

'Oh yea before i forget next shift i won't be in i got asked by one of the training cadre at the academy to come do some hazmat training, She thinks i'll be a good fit for the hazmat team eventually'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

'Well, here's hoping you can close the door on this chapter if you're ready. Like I said, let us know if you need anything.'

I take the paperwork, looking it over.

'Yeah, I'll approve it. For sure.'

I sign it in the right places, then pass it back. 'Send it over to training division and we'll get you scheduled.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Send it over to training division and we'll get you scheduled.'

'Okay i will, I'll be back in a bit i gotta run some paperwork up to the Sheriff's office if your okay with that?'

*Taking the Paperwork Back i stand up and wait for Marks Response* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

I nod.

'Yeah. Tap out the guy on Fire 23, have him ride engine, and take it up there so you can stay in service. You can leave my door open, please.'

As she leaves, I go back to poring over the mountain of paperwork in front of me.

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Yeah. Tap out the guy on Fire 23, have him ride engine, and take it up there so you can stay in service. You can leave my door open, please.'

'
Yes Sir don't get too comfortable behind that desk Chief Stone we need you back riding engine someday' 

*Leaving the office i head down the bay area to Fire 23* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

After picking up the pizza in Oxnard and driving on over to Station 1 I park 206 in an empty parking spot.  Opening the door I grab the pizza box off the empty passenger seat and exit the vehicle.  Shutting the door I head on into the fire station while I call myself going out of service for a dinner break.

"206, out of service, dinner break"

Letting go of the mic I navigate myself to the Platoon Chief's office where Mark said he'd be.  Seeing the door wide open I just head on in.

'Oh, so I'm dating a Fire Chief now?'

I remark with a smirk as I place the pizza box down on his desk and open it up as I sit down.

'Hope your hungry for a supreme from Queen's Pizzeria'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

I look up as someone walks in and grin when I see Evelyn.\

'You must certainly are, at least for today,' I chuckle. 'Acting for the shift. Filling in while the Chief is on vacation.'

I inhale the aroma as she opens the pizza box and nod.

'I'm starving, actually. How's your shift been going?'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Oh I see, just for today.  Well, it's not a competition however my promotion is permanent'

I respond as I take a slice out of the box.

'Shift so far has been alright.  Fight at the library that got wrapped up before I could get there.  Otherwise it's just been traffic stops.  How's your shift been so far?'

After asking my question I take a bite off the slice.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

I smile at the good-natured ribbing.

'And congratulations are definitely due. I should be the one bringing you dinner. We should go out somewhere nice tomorrow and celebrate.'

I take a slice of pizza and dig in as she talks about her shift.

'Had a fire this morning. Nothing else too major. Did get to get out a little. Pop in on the other stations in the battalion. And I've done a right mountain of paperwork. That's the downside to this chair. All the paperwork. Although I've got to admit, the pay increase would be nice. It's not exactly a small one.'

I chew on my pizza some more.

'Anything particularly interesting in your stops? Or just standard harassment of the freely travelling?' I tease

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

After I finish my first bite I give my response.

'Yeah, nothing particularly interesting, just the standard harassment of the freely traveling who were endangering others with their speeding and running of stop sings and red lights.'

Taking another bite from the slice I chew it up a little bit.

'Absolutely, we should go out somewhere nice tomorrow.  Assuming we can find someone to watch Luke though.'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

I chew, listening.

'Not too bad, not too bad. At least it hasn't been too busy. Nice and.....chill,' I say, avoiding usage of that most unholy of words.

'I think we can find someone. I'll ask around the usual suspects.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

I fire off a text on my phone, checking to see if Kat was available to watch Luke.

'There's still time for that to change. Hopefully the night half won't be too terrible,' I say. 'That's the worst part when you have a chill day - you spend all day waiting for the other shoe to drop.'

I grab another slice, and my phone dings. I check it and set it back down.

'Kat says she can watch Luke. So there we go, we've got a sitter. It's a date,' I smile.

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

As Mark talks and appears to start texting somebody I finish off my first slice and grab another.

'Well, let's hope nothing happens then and your shift remains unchanged.  Also good, we have a date.'

Finished speaking I take a bite off the next slice.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'Ooh, a surprise? I think I can manage that. I'll pick us out somewhere nice.'

I finish my slice of pizza and debate for a brief moment on whether or not I want a third. My eyes win out and I go for out, taking a bite.

'So, this promotion. Does that mean you're a supervisor now? Or what is it you guys say up here...a boss? Patrol boss? I think that's it.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Looking forward to it'

I respond to the surprise with a grin as I finish my second slice.  Grabbing a third slice that I might not finish I take a bite before responding to the promotion question.

'No, I'm not a supervisor.  Corporal is just a rank handed out to those with a specific skill or to reward senior deputies for their good service.  Guess you can guess which category I fall under.'

Finished with my answer I take another bite.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'A specific skill or to reward senior duties for good service. Hmm..........you could be either one. But I take it by specific skill you mean something like K9? So I take it yours is for your shining, exemplary service, Miss Shiloh Six Heroine?'

I take a bite of pizza and chew, then chase it with some water from my bottle.

'You deserve it, love. You give that agency so much dedication. I'm really happy to hear they're recognizing you.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'So I take it yours is for your shining, exemplary service, Miss Shiloh Six Heroine?'

Hearing those words come out I try to keep myself from blushing while taking bites off my slice until I finish it.  Being called that was kind of embarrassing.  All I did that night was do what I felt needed to be done and the department just gave me a Medal of Honor for it.  The whole thing just felt so surreal to me that I just never know how to respond whenever it gets brought up.

'And you deserve this promotion as Chief.  Permanently not temporary.'

I remark while eyeing a fourth slice that I probably won't take cause I am now stuffed and not sure if I can fit it in like I would have if I was still pregnant with Luke.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504