Reckless Driver Call Number 09222023-01

R. Martin

TRAFFIC X2. I-48WESTBOUND, APPROACHING FORT SHANNON.

Time: 1145 Weather: Clear

"All units, standby to copy a BOLO. Be on the lookout for an orange in color Dodge Challenger, unknown year model. Caller advises vehicle is swerving all over the roadway, speeding, and unable to maintain lane. Last seen I-48 westbound in Oxnard, approaching Fort Shannon. Central clear 1145."

dispatcher.png

Rebekah Martin
911 Telecommunicator

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2102

"All units, standby to copy a BOLO. Be on the lookout for an orange in color Dodge Cha[...]"

Holy Shit. The General Lee? 

"[...]llenger, unknown year model."

Ah. Nevermind. 

Hearing the call come over the channel, I immediately key up after Dispatch is done talking.

"252 ERT, attaching to call."

Being on the intersection of 1st Street N and Bay Street in Northern Fort Shannon, I suppose I'm close enough to intercept this guy. I immediately flick the emergency lighting slider to 3 as I activate the Wail siren,  making an U-turn as I make my way over onto an on-ramp.

I park on the hard shoulder just under the interchange of I-48 and I-484 as I deactivate my siren, waiting to spot this guy. Not thirty seconds later, I can see him barely hitting the barrier of the interchange as he moves onto the I-484, headed towards Arcadia.

"252 ERT, eyes on BOLO vehicle. On I-484 headed Westbound towards Arcadia. Hold for further updates."

I merge back onto the highway as I accelerate, turning on my Yelp siren as I try and inch closer to him. I identify the vehicle as a '08 Challenger. Now it's time to hope my ALPR catches the plate. I can see the Saratoga plates, but it's quite difficult to read from here.

As he begins slowing down due to traffic, my ALPR finally catches his plate.

"252 ERT. Vehicle is '08 Challenger. Hold for plate."

"Delta, Sierra, Oscar, Nine, Two, Four." (DSO 924)

Hoping he'll pull over, I keep following. Either this guy's deaf or he just wants some action. Great.

"Vehicle not stopping. Requesting additionals."

Edited by Zezinho

sd251dep.png

Deputy Nathan Clarkson
Unit 251

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2112

'ok sir,look i get your a new semi driver,i totally understand-* i cut myself off when i hear traffic from my traffic counterpart in 252 the student driver or whatever the hell the double occupied Swift semi i had stopped  is can wait especially as i happen to be on I-484,so i quickly hand back the info from the trucker they get a pass today* ' actually i got a unit needing help with a wreckless speeding driver,you two have a nice day,and get the lights on the trailer fixed when ya can,anybody stops you about them tell em to call unit 251 SCSD Traffic Division' * i turn and jog back to my car the guys heading to arcadia whereas i was heading away from it,as i start my sedan im about to key up when i see or rather hear what can only bee clarksons sirens and lights heading my way into arcadia  given the traffic i cant really shut the highway down,not here and there too close foe me to realistically set spikes so i key up reaching one of the rare cutouts in the jersey barriers for emergency vehicles and key up falling behind them both* dispatch,show 251 backing 252,break 251 to 252,are you calling pursuit at this time?'

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2024

"252 to 251, affirmative"

I begin falling behind as the Challenger is noticeably faster than my cruiser, but I'm still keeping up with it somewhat. Practically impossible to lose sight here.

"252 county, calling pursuit. Cruiser struggles to catch up with perp."

sd251dep.png

Deputy Nathan Clarkson
Unit 251

Badge 2112

Clarkson would keep driving after the suspect as the perp keeps slamming on the gas. Turns out his car's a manual and he can't drive for shit.

After a while of pushing his car to the limit, the engine gives out as some smoke emits from it. The car stops on the hard shoulder as I pull right behind him, turning my sirens off and unholstering my sidearm.

"252 ERT, have him stopped"

I activate the PA as I order him to exit with his hands up and throw the keys out the window. Having nowhere to go, he decides to comply.

I prop myself out of my car as I order him to walk back towards the sound of my voice. He does so, and I holster my sidearm before deciding to handcuff him. I pat him down and find nothing, not even documentation. After handcuffing him, I load him into the back of my cruiser as I move to search his vehicle. No documentation either. Probably stolen.

I place a reflective triangle behind my car as I key up the mic.

"252 ERT, one in custody. Requesting county tow."

sd251dep.png

Deputy Nathan Clarkson
Unit 251

Badge 2112

*we follow the guy for a bit,hes hit just about everything on the road,and something blows up,as evident by the bits of metal flying out the back and smoke from the hood,but im not a mechanic so fuck who knows what it was as i stop,i see a patrol cruiser roll up ,252 sets out his roadside triangle i opt to pull the flares and few cones we keep in the cars and kinda block the lane nearest us* ' clarkson,you need anything from me?' * i say honestly ignoreing the patrol car right now as i pull on my traffic reflective and light a flare to act as a glowing baton simply for yet more visability on top of mine and 252s traffic advisors kicking bits of whatever grenaded in the perps car outta the lane when i get a free second in the traffic,id rather not have to babysit a second broke down car not during lunch rush hour*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2024

• Alpha locked this topic