Processing and Holding Cells

Burke

Located on the main floor, SCSD's Processing and Holding cells is where suspects can be turned over to the desk sergeant, remanded for transport to a prison, held to sober up and be picked up for interviews. Have also been known to be the home of fights among inmates. 

Processing, sally port, as well as secure interview rooms and toilet are located on the main floor. When necessary, detainees can be brought into the station via the decon room off the sally port.

Holding cells are located in the basement of the station.

unknown.png

unknown.png

*Pulling into the Sheriff lot, I roll down my window and swipe my ID wallet. The RFID car opens the Sally Port and I pull inside. As the door shuts, I turn off the engine and pull out our winning suspect, who surprisingly hasn't said a word since we pulled away. I open the rear door and he spits.*

'Alright, tell you what, I'll pretend that didn't happen and you won't get an assaulting an officer charge and a special hood for people who can't spit. Gonna behave?'

*He weighs his options and nods, defeatedly.*

'Alright, let's go.' I say, pulling him out.

*I shut the door behind him as I lead him in through the secured door and again into processing.*

'Hiya Mike, I've got a collar, another one coming in on 219. Drug trafficking.' I say to the officer in processing. 

*He hands the paperwork out as I list the essentials for booking, and he takes the suspect into processing. They do the full patdown, check over and lastly remove his handcuffs and return them to me. As a good measure, I always give them a run under some rubbing alcohol before carrying them again. Over to the sink I go, I rub some hand sanitizer on them before reholstering them.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department 
Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*It isn't a very long drive at all before I pull up in the sheriff's lot, swiping my ID to enter. As the door shuts, I park and turn off the car. We'll be heading in here and since this guy is Jack's arrest, I let him do the honors of bringing our guy inside. I step out of the explorer and walk around so that once the cabbie is out I'll be behind the two of them. It's my preferred way of moving people when I can - it lets me react faster and see what's happening should anything happen. Again, I doubt it.*

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

• 2 weeks later...

*We make the drive back to the station and I pull up in the sheriff's lot, swiping my ID to enter. As the door shuts, I park and turn off the car.  I step out of the explorer and walk around so that once this lady is out I'll be behind the two of them. It's not often I get this many under in a shift and I credit the shitty luck of my trainee. After this I'm thinking we can set up for patrol and just do some run of the mill traffic enforcement - it'll be a good mix of things for this shift and keep us busy for at least a couple hours.*

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

*I turn in the switchblade I got off of the other guy and as soon as Jack finishes up with his end of processing the woman, the two of us walk back out to my explorer.*

'Yup, we're going to head out and I'm thinking we'll do some traffic enforcement.'

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

• 1 month later...

*Pulling up to the station, I park the unit, turn it off and open the door, taking my prisoner out. There's no one else here, so the handover is pretty quick, and given the size of this situation, they were pretty much waiting to meet this guy. I hand him over without incident to the desk sergeant, and he seems much more mild. Signing some paperwork, I get back in my car, turn the radio(s) on and click through some paperwork.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*i pull up to the station and put the car in park and turn it off*

'okay Mr Dempsy time to go to your new home for a while'

*i get out of the car and assist Mr Dempsy out and walk in to the station*

'gotcha ya guys another one'

*i hand over the suspect and take my cuffs back and hand over the paper work and walk back out*

'time to go back on patrol'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

• 7 months later...