J, Rogers Home

J. Rogers

*opens up the Garage doors to pull out my car*

"Fuck why is it always this car that gives me fits why cant be that damn Civic maybe then i can convince my wife to get a new car" 

*has i try to start up the Tahoe it doesn't wanna turn over*

"fuck this piece of junk ill have to find something new soon i swear this thing keeps getting worse and worse by the moment" 

*keeps trying to start up the Tahoe* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*i pull into the garage seeing James's Car is gone* 

"He must be at work guess its going to be another sleepless night.. Maybe ill order out or something for dinner"

*i turn the car off and close the garage door locking up the door has it slams shut*

"i really hope he has a safe shift guess ill turn the news on"

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2012

*Turns on Scanner well watching a Movie*

'i wonder how busy is it i might text James later to see how he is doing.. I think James said he was riding with Unit 208 i guess ill listen to see if he gets anything'

*scanner just has chatter from a large fire in Kimberley* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*has i get ready to go the mall i wonder how James is enjoying his first shift*

'i hope the mall isn't that busy i just wanna go get the stuff i need and come home'

*i grab my keys off the dinner table and get ready to open the door* 

'uggh i don't want this day to happen"

*i open up the garage doors and pull out*

Edited by Jimothy

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

• 2 weeks later...

*i pull back into the garage and notice kats car is gone* 

'Ughh she must be on shift... Guess its Order out tonight'

*i hear the Phone ring and i pick it up*

'Hello is this James Rogers'

'Yes... who are you'

'it doesn't matter who i am... but sticks your father isn't doing well'

'
Wait is this one of dads friends... Whats wrong'

'yes im one of Dave's friends... He was just pulled from a structure fire and hes being flown to a burn center near you.. they aren't giving him long to live'

'Is the house gone.. and what hospital..'

'it wasn't his house sticks he was out on call and someone ambushed him and lit the house on fire.. we aren't sure how long he was down before 9-1-1 was called... and what ever hospital is in Philly' 

'Fuck i cant get to him i don't have a Vehicle... are you going with him'

'Yes sticks me and the chief are with him we will keep you updated' 

'thank you' 

*i hang up the phone and change into some Civilian clothes and head back to the Tahoe*

'After that news i need a beer or 30' 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*we park my car in the garage and Alan leaves and walk inside seeing all the calls and texts from Step sis so i call her back*

'What do you want Sam why are you calling me now we haven't talked since the Wedding'

'i was told about dad what happened why's he being flown to philly'

'i dont really know myself Sam one his buddies called me saying he was ambushed and they aren't sure hes going to make it' 

'Who did it do you know... James is dad going to make it are you with him'

'Sam you know i'm not living at home with dad... and no i dont know who did it nor am i with him' 

'Damnit james why aren't you with him you were meant to protect him'

'Sam don't start this tonight... i don't wanna get in a fight we gotta be there for dad'

'You were meant to be with him James'

'yeah well i'm not.. kinda like how you aren't there for Grace and Jackie... or oh wait did you leave them too' 

'james now isn't the time'

'ill keep you updated night'

*i hang up on Sam... just has my house phone starts ringing*

'Hello?'

'We just made it to philly your dad is in the burn ward they are saying he might make it but right now chances are slim hes got 4th degree burns over 90% of his body... if he recovers he wont be able to see again... and he will be in the hospital for a while James'

'thank you... imma go to bed keep me updated'

*i hang up the phone and go to bed* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*has i walk into the house i see James's car is in the garage*

'Hes home early'

'Kat is that you'

*i see him under his Car working on it so i park outside and get out* 

'Yea baby why what do you need'

'can you grab the rachet and 10mm off the bench over there so i can put this damn running board back on'

'Sure hunny let me get that for you real quick' *i walk over to the bench and grab the Rachet and 10mm socket and bring it back to James*

'here *he takes it from my hand* soo why are you putting on the running boards again'

''i'm getting rid of it the engine finally went in it and its too much to fix... i might have another car lined up those it's a 2017 Dodge Charger'

'okay hunny i'm going to go inside and clean up and start studying for my EMT test again'

'okay Kat baby ill be out here working on this POS'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

• 1 month later...

*pulling back in from going to the store with Kat*

'that was a long ass trip but i'm happy to be home finally hopefully that wont have to happen for another few weeks'

'we shouldn't half too we spent most of pay check on that trip'

'
shit i'm sorry hunny after we get everything unloaded do you wanna go out for dinner'

'yea sure we haven't been on a date since we both started working'

*me and kat get everything into the house and she goes to get cleaned up and i pull out my phone and call my father'

'Hey dad i know your asleep and still recovering but maybe sometime soon me and kat will be able to come get you and move you down here with us'

'i'm almost ready baby'

'
'okay.... well dad me and kat are going out ill talk to you when you wake up' 

*i hang up the phone and put it back grabbing the keys as kat comes around the corner in a sundress*

'are you ready baby'

'
yes ma'am lets go have something nice to eat'

*me and kat walk out and get in her car and leave*

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

• 2 months later...

*I walk into the Kitchen and See Kat cooking breakfast* 

‘hey Baby i was thinking would it be okay if I invited over Russo and Blackburn and their Families over for Dinner and a Couple beers tonight’

‘Yeah sure what did you have in mind for the meal’

’a nice steak dinner I’ll even go to the store to pick em up’ 

‘Okay hun you can invite them’

* i pull out my phone to text them well grabbing the keys to the car* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

• 5 months later...

*I pull the Christmas tree out of the basement/Crawlspace*

'Here you go baby the tree is out you can put it up finally well you do that i'm going to get dinner started'

'Okay hunny thank you i hope this brings up your spirits.. you haven't been yourself lately why wont you tell me what's wrong'

'
Nothing's wrong i've just been tired cause of work then all the meetings with the "Sbiloh 6" its just finally all catching up to my body and i'm just tired'

*i walk into the kitchen grabbing the stuff for dinner out of the fridge and also a can of beer cracking it opening*

'Are you sure thats what's it been James i've been really worried about you recently why don't you talk to your supervisor about taking a couple days off'

*i take a sip of my beer and put it down and turn around and grab a pan out of the Cubbard* 'I can't take a couple days off ever since the attack things have been getting busier its just been a rough year for the SO.. Hopefully it will be a better year next year'

'Okay well i hope your atleast able to get new years off i wanna go out for new years and see the city'

'
i'll try but i dont make any promises it looks like Capt wants everyone on the street for New years'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

'He's been Super Distant Lately i don't really know why mark.. its starting to get to me.. i just want everything normal again but ever since the attack in kimberly it hasn't been'

'Well i'll always be her...'

*I open the front door and enter the house*

'Kat Hun i'm Home from the store'

*i put the bags down on the Kitchen counter and start putting stuff away when i hear Kat Holler from the Bedroom*

'I'll Be out in a few i'm just on the phone'

'Okay Baby'

*a few minutes pass and she doesn't come out so i start walking towards the bedroom and start hearing her converstation*

'Hehe Mark you know i'm Married' 

*i Proceed to enter the room and  she quickly hides the phone*

'Who the hell are you talking to kat'

"no one i promise James you know i wouldn't do that to you i love you too much that's why i married you'

'Then whose Mark i heard you talking to a mark.. so who the fuck is he'

'Oh mark thats just my Lt at the fire department he's just been helping me  with some stuff for the fire department nothing to worry about'

'Sure he's helping you with something at the fire department then why were you talking about the terrorist attack with him i heard the conversation kat don't hide it from me.'

'i'm not hiding anything from you... he asked me how you were doing since the attack he's just worried about you james and making sure you don't need anything'

'Well tell him i'm fine i'm going to the bar bye'

*i leave the bedroom slamming the door behind me and grab the car keys outta my pocket and head back out to the car*

'Mark i gotta go.. James is having a hissy fit again i'll call you back later bye'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

• 3 weeks later...

*I get rudely awaken by the sudden Ringing of my cell phone ignore it once but it starts ringing again so i roll over and check to see whose calling and see it's a unknown number so i decide to pick up*

"Hello James Rogers Speaking how may i help you"

"Yes Mr. Rogers this is Sally with Dr Gold's office i'm calling today to talk to Kathrine Rogers. Is she home currently"

"No She isn't she's currently out. if you don't mind me asking why do you need to talk to her"

"I can't say right now as she doesn't want that infomation disclosed right now please have her give us a call back at this number"

The phone quickly hangs up and i put it on the table and sit on the edge of the bed debating what to do when i  hear the front door open, and i head out with my phone to greet kat*

'Hey Kat what the hell why did Dr Golds call me asking me if you were around and then when i ask why they said you don't want the infomation disclosed... i'm your husband you can tell me anything what's going on'

'i'm fine i've just been having really bad headaches lately wanted a CT scan done to see what was going on... i don't know why they wouldn't tell you cause i told her to tell you if you asked'

'Kat are you serious is it headaches or is there something else going on... i know your normal body language and your not okay'

'yes its just the headaches i'll give them a call in a few to find out my date'

'Okay let me know please'

*I turn around and head to the bathroom and lock the door and turn the water on and pull my phone out*

'Fuck i gotta call someone something more is happening i'm just not sure what but i don't know who the fuck would help me'

*i put my phone down on the counter and fill my hands with cold water and splash it on my face to wake myself up*

'god this feels like a dream why is kat acting like this why can't we just go back to before the shooting'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

• 1 month later...

*I pull back into the Driveway with my new vehicle and see Kat's car in the driveway*

'Good Kat is home i think she will be happy to see i got a truck so we wont have to pay the town to come plow our driveway'

*I put my truck in park and turn it off locking it with the key fob and head to the front door and walk in*

'Hey Kat i'm home'

'Hi Hunny Welcome home did you get your new vehicle'

'yea i did i got a 16 Ram 1500 with straight plow... this mean we wont have to pay the town anymore to plow the driveway i will be able too'

'Oh good that means we can save some more money and maybe start saving to get this damn house payed off'

'Maybe i doubt the house will be payed off anytime soon but it will help having that extra cash.. i just went and actually gave the town $100 for plowing from the last storm and our bill was still well over 500...'

'but maybe you'll be able to make some extra cash by doing this by plowing out around the neighborhood and charge people like 25 bucks each time you plow'

'I'm not sure about that but maybe... but i'm not sure how much the town would like that..'

*I walk over to the Fridge and grab a energy drink then head over to the couch and turn the tv on flipping it to the news*

'Speaking of plowing lets see if its going to snow any time soon i don't really feel like chasing idiots in the snow shit sucks'

*I open my energy drink and take a swig*

Edited by Jimothy

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

• 7 months later...

* i walk into the house helping Kat get inside* 

'How are you feeling after your Appointment Baby'

'My Leg hurts a lot but that's about it could you get me some Meds'

'Sure Kat lets get you sat down and get your leg up Pt is going to be hard but remember your doing this to go back to work'

'Yea i guess i just don't know if i should actually go back its still on my mind i should've died James i really should've'

'i know Kat but you had great friends like Mark who pulled you out you gotta remember that love.  Actually last i knew Mark was asking if you were coming back soon'

'Yea i guess i just hope this leg gets healed soon maybe i can do some light duty stuff around the station for right now'

* I help kat get sat down and her leg propped up and head over to the cabinet and grab out some Pain Meds for her and fill up a cup of water and bring them over to her* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png