Patrol - April 2020

Blackburn

* after getting my stuff  i throw ajax into the truck and as i take it home everynight i know everythings set so i toss my patrol bag in the front aswell as my patrol rifke locking the latter in the weapon rack th n cranking it over move to leave hq* “ county from 231,K-9  available” * i clip the mic back on the dash and ease into traffic*

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

*My shift begins, another 10 hours with Scrat. As the rest mingle or get ready to leave, I stand up and head towards the back*

'JESIAH! WITH ME!' I yell out, walking out of the room. Not looking to see if he follows I walk to the bay, grab the keys and get in the car. I'll start it and count to 10. If he doesn't follow, he doesn't come with me.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'Close enough. Let's get some coffee, and I swear to god I'll shoot you twice if you touch the radio and tell them we're getting coffee. Rule 13, not every status is reportable.'

*The most important rule you'll learn as a rookie, arguably, is that you don't need to tell dispatch for every little break you're taking. I'll still run some plates at the drivethru. Then it's considered working/*

'Alright Jasper. Let's go get some coffee. Keep your eyes open, you might see nanny jay walking again.'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

* its abnormally quiet for the shift so far idle chatter and something goin on in kimberley i half debate heading that way but opt not to if they need me ill roll so fornow i elect to cruise the docks and work south east from where we poked that suv last month*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘ what the hell the cap and andrew, what the fuck?’ * i say to myself hearing the traffic i knew about the eviction but wasent expecting it to be this big i kinda wish i wasnt  k9 i kinda want to see the evolving clusterfuck in person but i dont need to be there so second hand from somebody on scene will need to do* ‘ whatcha think buddy,  think we’ll get called to something?’ * i say to ajax who puts his head through the cutout in his kennel while i scratch him behind the ears and watch for something intresting or somebody to be stupid*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 3 weeks later...

'Alright Scrat, we're not doing anything here. Unless a masked man wielding a machete kills no less than 4 unarmed people, I'm not so much as stopping. I'm getting coffee and returning to our jurisdiction. Think you can handle that?'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*Sitting around in 206 on Route 22 in Essex I yawn as something flashy zips by me heading west.  My radar clocks it at 83 so I go after it as I flip on my lights and sirens.  It takes me a minute to catch up to the car but thankfully it pulls over once it realizes I'm behind it.  Pulling up behind it I shut off my siren and key up the mic.*

"206 to County, show me on a traffic stop on Route 22 in Essex with a yellow 2015 Acura NSX, 2 door, occupied by 1"

*Letting go of the mic I run the plates and get out of the Caprice once the results come back clean.  For this one I think I'll approach from the passenger side I think to myself as I use the space between our vehicles cross over from the left to the right side.  Arriving at the vehicle I press my finger down on the truck to make sure it's closed and to get my finger print on it.  Continuing on I arrive at the passenger side window and knock on the window.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*After a bit of chatter, some searches on the driver, and a check on paperwork I issue the driver of the Acura a ticket for speeding and send him on his way.  Getting back in 206 I key up the mic to clear myself.*

"206 clear"

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

• Blackburn changed the title to Patrol - April 2020
  • Blackburn locked this topic