Shiloh County Medical Center - Intensive Care Unit

Chris07

*Calwell and I stop in front of a pair of big locked double doors with "Trauma ICU" printed in red above the doors. I see a phone on the wall next to the door. The sign next to the phone says: Guests, please call nurses station for admittance. Guests allowed between 8:30am - 11:00am & 3:00pm - 5:30pm only.

*I pick up the phone and it rings*

"Can I help you?" The voice on the other side says.

"Yes, we're here to see Ricky O'Reilly." I say over the phone. The phone hangs up and the door buzzes and opens up.

*Caldwell and I walk in*

'Bruh...check it out...check it....3 'o Clock. That nurse...she looks like a total badge bunny.' I say to Caldwell was we walk down the hallway.

She walks by us as we continue down the hallway. Her scrubs hug her bottom like no other. I look behind me a catch a good look. I can feel Caldwell tugging on my shoulder as if to tell me to stop acting like a perv.

*We approach the desk*

'Excuse me.' I say to a woman behind the desk. She looks up.

"Can I help you?'

'We're here to visit Ricky O'Reilly' I say. She looks on her computer screen.

"He's in 16" she says.

'Thanks.' I say. 

We continue following the path to room 16. We pull back the curtain covering the door and enter. I can see O'Reilly hooked up with wires, drains, IVs hooked up. He's looks like a fucking science experiment. Luckily it seems like the breathing tube is out, and I can see him actually look over to us.

'God damn man. You just had to be the fucking hero...trying to steal all the glory' I say as I approach his side jokingly.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1871

*Scott hangs up the entry phone to the ICU.*

'Man, I hate hospitals.'

*The door unlocks and we walk in. A brunette in her mid 20's nurse walks by and I see Scott staring at her ass.*

'Bro, look don't stare'

*I say with a whisper.*

'God damn man. You just had to be the fucking hero...trying to steal all the glory'

'Yeah save some bullets for the rest of us.'

*I say as Scott gives me a look.*

'Sorry, Terrible joke but at least the nurses are hot'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1316

*i walk into the hospital and head to ICU seeing a phone and the sign on the door i pick up the phone and call the Desk and tell them i'm here to see an Officer not being able to remember his name and they let me in... i walk up to the desk with a Nurse and ask where Officer O'Riley is and she says room 16 i tell her thanks and turn to head to Room 16 seeing Caldwell and Scott already over there and in the room i walk in*

'Howdy Gentlemen.. O'Riley how are you feeling from what it looked like when you were on the stretcher your lucky to be here'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*I lay in the ICU bed, looking up at the ceiling. Holy fuck, getting shot had to top my list of Worst-Ever Bad Ideas. I mean, this was definitely number one on that list. This fucking blew. Every damn part of my body hurt, even the ones that hadn't been shot. It better be coming up on time for more pain meds. If not, this was going to be unpleasant to say the least. My parents had gone to find some food, but my sister Caroline had stayed with me. So far, I had yet to be left alone in the room. Someone was always with me. My parents, Caroline, or John. And there was always a deputy at the door. Sometimes staties would drop by, usually men I had known growing up, that my dad worked with. The fraternity had really come alive with me being in the hospital. As the curtain to the room slides back, I glance over to the door and smile faintly as I see Caldwell and Scott come in. Good cops, those two. Caroline stands up from her spot next to my bed, glancing at them and then at me.*

'I'll give you guys some time.' *She steps out of the room, leaving us alone and giving us some time to talk.*

'Hey guys,' *I say a little weakly. I smile as Scott makes a crack about taking all the glory, and try not to laugh as Caldwell jokes.*

'Yeah, that's true. The nurses are...well, damn. Makes being here just a little more bearable.*

*I chuckle at my joke, wincing and holding the wound in my stomach.*

'Ouch, maybe laughing wasn't such a great idea...'

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

*O’Reilly’s wincing after trying to laugh made me   hurt*

‘Sorry man, we’ll try and lay off the jokes. Watching you laugh is making me hurt’ I say nervously chuckling.

’You are one lucky motherfucker man. I heard you were one inch away from biting the big one. They got you on the good shit at least?’ I ask.

I look around, at shudder at the thought of being in a hospital. I have to agree with Mike. I hate hospitals too.

‘Mike here says it was a hell of a fight. I wish I could have been there. Who knows, maybe I’d be the one in that bed...or more likely in the room next door.’ I say.

Beeps and alarms go off periodically.

The curtain gets drawn back and in enters Rogers:

’Howdy, Gentleman’

‘Sup man.’ I say in reply.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

'So Ricky, I had to toss the shirt  I was wearing that day so not to be a dick but can you get me a new one. Not to be a dick or anything no rush.'

*Scott glares at me as I hear footsteps approaching.*

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*As I step out of the elevator wearing a green day shirt with some faded jeans. with Ashley and Katie in tow. Ashley holding a Tupperware container of cookies. I walk to the nurses station.*

'Good afternoon, Captain Russo with the sheriff's office.'

*The pretty brunette nurse looks up at me.*

'I'm taking a wild guess and take it your here for the deputy.'

'Your guess is correct.'

'Room 16.'

*As we walk down the hall.*

Ashley: 'You were undressing her with your eyes weren't you, I'm telling mom so she divorces your ass.'

Katie 'Don't get a divorce!'

*Katie says distressed*

'Katie were not getting a divorce. Ashley, don't upset your sister'

*I approach room 16 and enter. There are already a few of my guys here.*

'Gentlemen, How are we today, You've met my daughters Ashley and Katie. And hows my hero deputy?'

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Badge 1109

'Oh yeah man, they've definitely got me on good shit. Pretty sure it's about time for more, though. Damn sure feels like it.'

*I nod at his chatter about the fight.*

'Yeah, it was definitely one that'll go down in the books. They'll be telling cadets for years not to pull a Ricky O'Reilly.'

*I chuckle softly, holding my stomach and trying not to wince. I look to the curtain as it slides back and nod as Rogers comes in.*

'Hey man. Yeah, I didn't feel too good. Glad I made it. Apparently it was kinda close.'

*I smile and shake my head as Caldwell mentions his shirt.*

'Never change, my dude. I'm sure they'll issue you a new shirt if you tell them I bled all over the other one.'

*I look back to the curtain as I hear footsteps approaching. Hopefully it was that fine brunette nurse with some more pain meds. That'd be real nice. As the curtain pulled back and Russo stepped in, I felt a little disappointed, but that quickly dissipated at the sight of the girl he had in tow and the Tupperware of cookies she carried.*

'Hey sir, I'm hanging in there.'

*I try to adjust myself into more of a sitting position. It hurt like a bitch, but I did what I could to hide the pain. I knew it likely flashed across my face anyways, but oh well.*

'Ah, no sir, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting your daughters,' *I say as I realize that the girl I had been looking over was his daughter. Christ, I was so drugged up it was probably obvious I was checking her out. He was going to kill me. Not that it'd take much in my current state.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*looking over has Russo and his daughters walk in*

"Gentlemen, How are we today, You've met my daughters Ashley and Katie. And hows my hero deputy?'

"doing good sir just stopped to check on O'Riley here i think imma head out tho'

*i look over at O'Riley as he tries to Sit up clearly in Pain*

'Hey O'riley you can get all the Ladies now you'll have some cool battle scars dude well imma head out i gotta get home and get the house cleaned before Kat gets home'

*i leave the room and head out of ICU and head to the parking lot and leave* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*Seeing O'Reilly wince in pain to sit up further*

'Relax, Don't kill yourself to get up.'

'Ah, no sir, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting your daughters,'

*Ashley gives him the tupperware.*

Ashley: 'I made these myself, I hope your not allergic to peanuts'

*I notice O'Reilly kind of stare at Ashley.*

'I hope your allergic to my daughter.'

'Dad, This is what i meant in the car!'

'Relax it was a joke.'

*Katie walks over to the other side of the hospital bed and makes uncomfortable eye contact.*

Katie:'What was it like to get shot'

*More demanding than asking.*

'Katie, I don't think that appropriate.'

Katie: 'But I want to know. I don't think I'm ever going to meet anyone else that going to not die from getting shot so I want to know'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'Ah, this is nothing,' *I say, playing off the pain as I sit up some in the bed.*

*I smile warmly at Ashley as I take the cookies.*

'No, I don't have any allergies. Thanks so much for the cookies, I'm sure they'll be great.'

*I hear Russo's comment and wince internally, feeling like I'll have a talking to in my future. I grimace slightly as I reach to put the cookies on my bedside table and then turn back to the group. As his younger daughter comes over and makes uncomfortable eye contact, my eyes widen slightly at her question. Unexpected, for sure.*

'Well...ah...it was...I...it hurt. A lot. I um, I don't really want to talk about the event itself.'

*I grip the bedsheet with one hand, flashing back to lying on the ground at the bank, thinking I was going to die lying there in a pool of my own blood. I was still a little surprised I was alive. I definitely hadn't thought I was going to make it when I was there.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

'No, I don't have any allergies. Thanks so much for the cookies, I'm sure they'll be great.'

*Maybe he thinks he sounds cool. I chuckle because I doubt me saying anything would make a difference since hes so fucked up with the pain meds.*

'Calm down there.'

*I say as Katie starts getting worked up about the gunshot wound.*

'Well...ah...it was...I...it hurt. A lot. I um, I don't really want to talk about the event itself.'

*I can see O'Reilly getting a bit worked up.*

'Katie, Its getting shot I can't imagine it being two thumbs up.'

*I say getting a tad embarrassed.*

Katie: 'I want to see it'

'Inappropriate.'

Katie: 'Show it to me'

'Katie!'

'But I want to see it.'

*She starts flapping her hands.*

'Katie go out in the hall and stim.'

Katie: 'Ok'

*She walks outside and puts her noise canceling headphones on. Ashley sits on the chair next to the bed.*

Ashley 'Sorry my sisters not an asshole just retarded.'

'Autism, Not retarded.'

Ashley: 'I know!''

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*I stay quiet as Captain Russo's younger daughter starts getting worked up, not really sure how to reply or act. It was pretty obvious she wasn't well-adjusted. Asperger's or some other kind of autism, probably. I hesitate when she asks to see it, very unsure of how to react and what to say. I knew I looked visibly uncomfortable. As Russo sends her out of the room and Ashley sits down in the chair next to my bed, I look back over to her and smile faintly as she apologizes for her sister.*

'It's okay. Is she...'

*Russo answers the question for me, and I nod.*

'That's understandable, then. No worries, there's no hard feelings.'

*I hear a beep, and look up at my pump as I get a fresh dose of pain medication. That's right, I was on a pump. Man, I must be fucked up to forget that. I feel the relief spread over me, and I smile at Ashley.*

'Did I tell you my name? I'm Ricky..Richard, whichever.'

*I didn't remember introducing myself, but her dad had introduced her to me. Oh man, her dad. Was he still here? And the other cops? I think they were, but I wasn't sure anymore. The pain meds felt real nice.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

'I'll be right back I have to run to the bathroom.'

*Turning to Caldwell and Scott.*

'If he makes a move on my daughter, finish the job the bankrobbers started.'

*I walk out into the hall and try and locate the bathroom*

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*I look over to the two deputies standing there and grin.*

'You guys couldn't do it if you tried. What are you gonna do, shoot me again?'

*I look over to Ashley and give her a smile again.*

'Your dad seems real protective of you. He's gonna be real mad if I ask you on a date, isn't he?'

*She laughs and nods, rolling her eyes a little.*

'He's too strict. He's gonna be real mad, but fuck him.'

*I chuckle and grab my phone, opening it and holding it out to her so she can put her number in.*

'Can I get your number? And your snap?'

*She takes it, starting to put them in.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I nod as Russo leaves. I don't know why I'm nodding, but my mind is fixated on the image of O'Reilly's sister.* 

She wasn't half bad looking. I wonder if she's available?

*I notice O'Reilly continuing his hitting on Russo's daughter. I laugh*

'Ok ok....can we get a nurse in here to turn down the happy juice?' I say out loud jokingly.

'What ever shit they got you on, I want in.'

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

'What ever shit they got you on, I want in.'

'Hes going to need it after the Captain is done with him.'

*I turn to the captain's daughter.*

'Your dads kind of a dick.'

*The room goes quiet.*

'I'm not the only one thinking that am I wrong?'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*Ashley hands me my phone back, and I send her a quick snap and then a text so she's got mine as well. I grin as Caldwell tells Ashley her dad is a dick.*

'I mean, that doesn't mean we're gonna say it out loud.'

*I open the tupperware of cookies and take one out, starting to munch.*

'Damn, Ashley, these are really good. Anyone else want one?'

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I return from the bathroom and walk back into the room just as Caldwell says he insulted me.*

'These are pretty good, And I'm not just saying that because I just insulted your dad.'

'Whats that about the transfer to the Jail?'

*Without giving him a chance to answer. I look at Ashley who seems infatuated.*

'I hate to cut this short but we really need to get going, Your sister...'

'I know shes being retarded,'

*I sigh when she says retarded. I keep telling her not to do that but she never listens.*

'Just grab here and I'll be right there.'

*Turning to O'Riley*

'One you get back to full duty I foresee a medal of valor. But my daughter is off limits. Otherwise I forsee another purple heart'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*I wince slightly as Ashley calls her sister retarded. Damn, that was just a nasty word. Maybe if we were a thing I could dissuade her from using it. As Russo tells her it's time to go, I nod. He turns to me, and I smile at him as he says she's off limits. I give him a playful salute.*

'Women love the medals, sir. I don't think another purple heart would discourage her.'

*Once he's gone, I grin at Scott and Caldwell.*

'He's gonna be real mad. She's totally into me.'

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

'Well if your pissing him off maybe he'll forget about me pissing him off'

*I say with a laugh.*

'Weird seeing his family though. I kinda didn't know he was a person outside of work. I kind of assumed he went home to an empty room, ate saltines and thought about ways to make our lives miserable until it was time to go back to work.'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316