Dumpster Fire

A. Tai

ENGINE 1, RESPOND LYONS/NORTH FIRST - ERT - DUMPSTER FIRE. 08:17. 

*Looking down I see the internal line ring. Coming from inside the building.*

'Communications, this is Tai, Go ahead.'

'Yeah, it's Lieutenant Gaulton from downstairs, I've got a dumpster fire going. Some kids lit it. Can you send an engine?'

'Right away lieutenant. Any exposure?'

'No, we keep them clear. Someone didn't lock the gate. Obviously it drew some attention. No need for sheriff, they're long gone.'

'Thanks. I'll notify engine of the same.'

Engine 1 respond to Shiloh County ERT, Garbage Fire. Once again, Shiloh County ERT, Garbage fire.

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

*hearing the tones drop i run down to the engine and throw on my bunkers and hop in the rig waiting for the others* 

‘Jesus someone must’ve thrown a cigarette or something into the garbage by accident or something’ 

ladder1ff.png

Firefighter Paramedic Ian Boorne
Ladder 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2050

*I head down to the bay and step into my boots and pants, pulling them up and throwing my coat on before stepping up into the rig.*

"Engine 1 responding."

'Be on your Ps and Qs, folks. We're going to the big boss' work.'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

* i hear the tones and jog out to tve engine,a few guys are already in it so i hurry and climb in the drivers seat my gears already stowed, right as i hear mark call us responding and tell us to tread carefully* ‘, got it cap, do i even need lights or a siren, were like right there already’ * i joke as i flipour master on scatter the few cars i see and start to the call*

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

"Affirmative Engine 1. Confirming this is the ERT Headquarters. According to staff in the building, this on the rear, towards the back of the lot. The dumpster is fully involved and initial attempts with an extinguisher have been unsuccessful."

*I look over towards the window, wondering how many people are headed outside to watch the literal dumpster fire we're welcoming 2021 with.*

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

"Engine 1 copies, you can go ahead and show us on scene."

*It had only taken us a few minutes to make our way down the street to Headquarters, and as we pulled into the back lot I could see the dumpster ablaze at one end of the parking lot. I gesture towards it.*

'Well, there it is. 2020. Let's get to it.'

*Once Valentine stops the truck, I step out, letting my face piece dangle by the regulator. I grab a hook and start towards the dumpster as Boorne and Anderson pull a line.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

* as i stop the try k abd everybidy jumps out i note the oeanut gallery looking on as i  throw the truck in pump and chock it* ‘ all these eyes for a fire in the snow, HQ must be having as slow friggin day’ * i say knowing the truck drowns me out from the gawkers So im safe from a rip*

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

*as we stop i hop out of the truck and quick tightin my straps on my SCBA and run over and grab a cross lay with Anderson helping me flake it out as we get closer to the dumpster and before the hose is fully flaked out i call for water*

'Valentine Send Water!!!' 

*as i finish flaking out the line and well waiting for water i mask up and start breathing air* 

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

'COMING NOW'

*once the Water reaches the Line i bail it out*

'hows pressure'

'It's Good'

*i stand up and grab the nozzle and open the line and start to knock down the Bulk of the fire and cool down the structure making sure the fire doesn't spread before i knock down the dumpster* 

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

*As I see most of the fire gone I go and get the pike pole. As soon as i get the okay i go to the dumpser  with the pike pole and move what is left of what is in there making sure there the fire is completely out*

• Like 1

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Whiskey Anderson
Engine 1

Badge 2049

*I watch as Boorne and Anderson tackle the dumpster fire, putting a quick stop on it. Without having to be instructed, Anderson grabs a hook and starts sifting through to make sure the fire is out. Excellent work.*

'Good job, probie. Strong work.'

*I key up my radio.*

"Engine 1, Central, show this fire under control."

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

"Affirmative, ERT confirming Engine 1 reporting an under control. I'll advise 50-12 he doesn't need to start an evacuation."

*Just because we don't see each other doesn't mean we can't still have fun. Plus, what's the chances the boss is listening to this?*

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

"Engine 1 show this fire under control"

*hearing stone radio that out i shut the nozzle down and place it on the ground and walk over to the Valentine*

'Hey Valentine you can cut water fire's out we will start packing up now'

*as Valentine starts to shut down the line i take my SCBA off and put it on the tail board of the engine* 

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

*We quickly drain the line down and pack it back onto the engine, taking care to pack it well. Once we're done I nod at the crew.*

'Let's get out of here and back to quarters.'

*We mount back up and as we pull away, I pick up the radio mic.*

"Engine 1 clear and in service, returning to quarters."

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909