911 Communications Center

ERT-RPG

'Good to officially meet you then' I say standing and extending my hands in an exaggerated move for humour.

*She took on way too nicely to Jim. She must be one of those.. what do you call them? Hero humpers? Either way, I think I'm not her type so I SHOULD be fine.*

'Good first day to be in shift together, all this food. Big Jim knows what he likes!'

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

*Slowly the Holy Stromboli goes from 5 feet long, to 4...to 3....to 2. The stromboli now fits on just my console. By this point, its gone cold and solidified, but that doesn't deter me. All this eating has made me sleepy*

Ah well. I guess it's time I take a little break...It's time for me regular break anyway.

*I halt all incoming calls to my console and take off my headset, placing it on the console in front of me. I take a swig of my giant 100oz 7-11 Big Gulp cup and then lean back in my chair*

Ugghhhh

*My stomach starts to rumble.*

An unpleasant feeling enters my gluttonous engorged belly. I don't often feel this way.

'I think there was too much cheese in that stromboli' I say to myself trying to fight the growing cramping in my gut.

'Let me just...let me just close my eyes for a minute. Maybe it'll settle down' I say to myself.

*I close my eyes*

'ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz'

In no time I start to snore.

'PPPFFFFFFRRRRTTTTTT' a loud noise fills the room, waking me from my sleep.

'What the hell was that?' I ask in confusion.

*I look around confused.*

'Was that an explosion? Sounded like a pipe ruptured or something.' I myself quietly while looking around for the source of the explosion.

*sniff....sniff*

'Oh shit.' I say quietly to myself.

My look of confusion turns to embarrassment.

'That wasn't an explosion. That was me.' I whisper to myself.

Jesus. It stinks. It must have been all the cheese. Damn you Holy Stromboli!

I try and act natural and straighten up at my console to get back to work.

*As my weight shifts in the chair I feel....wet.*

Oh God. Oh no. NOT AGAIN!

I think 'ol Jim let a little more out than just some gas.

*I push my seat back and struggle to get out of my chair*

Yep. I sharted. I confirm. I feel the wet in my drawers. Let's only hope it didn't soak through to my pants.

*I quickly waddle, more so than usual, to the washroom. Leaving a trail of foul stench behind me.*

*HUFF PUFF WHEEZE. HUFF PUFF WHEEZE*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

James "Big Jim" Kowalski
Dispatcher

Shiloh County ERT Communications
Badge 2098

*Just as I wrap up one call I start smelling the sewers like I'm tasting it.  Oh god this disgusting stench is strong it's making my stomach turn.  Feeling like I only have moments I quickly pull off my headsets and turn to Tai as I jump out of my.*

'Tai, covermycallsformeforamoment'

*Said that too fast I can only hope she understood me as I quick pace to the bathroom to hopefully not throw up.  Not sure what caused that smell but I'm blaming Big Jim.*

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

'Price, check on the status of Medic 12, They've been on scene quite a bit and I want to make sure they're ok.'

*As I watch over the boards I begin to smell a foul stench. Almost unmistakable, and before I can realize anything I see Big Jim moving as fast as I've ever seen him move waddling towards the bathroom. Before he can leave the room Price jumps up and runs out.*

'What the fuck is that smell?'

*The smell hits harder as Jim waddles by.*

'Oh god, did Jim shit himself.'

*I get up and get the febreeze and lysol spray out of my file cabinet I walk over to Jims console and spray down everything while spraying the febreeze liberally around the area. I look over to the other girls in the comms center.*

'I think we all know what happened and I think I'm gonna let Jim go home to freshen up.'

*I walk outside to find Morgan gasping for air.*

'Hey, are you alright?'

Lieutenant Charles Aylward
Shiloh County ERT Communications Dispatch Supervisor
Badge 1663

'Think I just lost the pizza I had for lunch'

'At least you didn't lose your dignity like Jim for shitting himself or like me waiting outside the mens room to talk to him about shitting himself. Regardless there's some lysol and febreeze if you want to clean up. And while I'm waiting here can you call maintenance to bring up a fan or something to get that horrible stench out of the office.'

Badge 1663

'Yeah, I'll get right on that'

*Leaving Aylward I head back to my desk and try to stomach the smell.  The febreeze and lysol doesn't help as all it did was make the shit smell like it was ready to go on a hot date.  Picking up my phone I call maintenance.*

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

*The earth rumbles as Big Jim goes waddling by, and I crinkle my nose as the stench invades.*

'Oh god! What the hell is that?!'

*I gag on the stench, grabbing my trash can in preparation. My stomach feels like it wants to crawl up my throat and empty out everything I've ever had to eat. Oh please no. I hated vomit. Easiest way to ruin my day. I get myself under control and put the trash can before looking up.*

'Did...did Jim shit his pants at his console? We're gonna throw that chair away right?'

dispatcher.png

Rebekah Martin
911 Telecommunicator

Badge 2102

*The pandemonium ensues while I'm on the line dealing with an irate woman insisting we send the police if not the goddamn army because her neighbour's dog shit on her lawn again. Yes, that's just what the SCSD wants to handle. Morgan flees, Martin looks concerned and then it hits me. the carcass that lives in big jim has escaped and by god, it's disgusting.*

'Lt. Aylward? Is it too early to activate the evacuation protocol?'

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

*I waddle into the bathroom, a cloud of stench trailing behind me*

Bursting into the bathroom I look around. It's empty. I head over to the handicap stall and open it. I see a big sign over the toilet.

"Out of Service"

'Oh no!' I say. My stomach starts to churn. I bend over in pain.

'Uggghhhh god.' I say pain holding my gut. 

I rally my strength and look at the other normal sized stalls. I REALLY NEED TO GO! REALLY REALLY BAD! BIG JIM IS GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE THIS WORK!

*I open the stall door of a normal stall and see the toilet inside. I turn around, take a deep breath, and exhale, trying to fit into the stall. I proceed slowly into the stall ass first. My massive frame touches both side walls of the stall. As I try and advance deeper into the stall, the friction of my flab against he walls of the stall make each step harder than the next. I push, and push, fighting the friction. Finally I reach the toilet. I'm wheezing, I can't breathe, but god damn I got to drop a deuce*

I slowly lower myself onto the toilet, and then finally let loose.

'OH JESUS! YES!' I say in relief as I splatter the inside of the entire toilet.

I feel a feel and smell a sense of relief, but then suddenly, I feel the pain in my belly come back. It feels like I'm being stabbed with a thousand knives. I'm overtaken by the sudden urge to vomit. 

Oh God!

*I get up with great effort. I start to proceed out of the stall....when all of a sudden...*

SHIT. I'm stuck. I can't move. I'm literally stuck inside the G.D. bathroom stall. I can't move.

I struggle and wiggle. All my strength is gone, taken up by forcing my astronomical ass into the stall to begin with.

I sigh. I can't believe this.

'Uhhhh.....CAN ANYONE HEAR ME!? HALP' I shout loudly.

The pain in my stomach hits again. Uggghhhhhh.

Edited by Chris07

James "Big Jim" Kowalski
Dispatcher

Badge 2098

'Uhhhh.....CAN ANYONE HERE ME!? HALP'

Oh god, This is literally a recurring nightmare for me. The stench gets worse by the second

'Hey Jim, Everything good in there?'

I shudder to think of what's going on in there

Badge 1663

'Charles! Jesus. Come in here!' I say in desperation.

*He enters*

'Charles....*huff* *puff*...Thank god....*huff* *puff*....I'm...stuck...I can't get out of the stall!'

*Stomach pain hits again*

'Ugghhh and my gut is killin' me.' I say doubling over in pain.

James "Big Jim" Kowalski
Dispatcher

Badge 2098

*Hearing the shouting from the washroom, I size up the dispatch centre, debating possible escape rooms. We really need a secondary escape, for fires, or shit storms. Literally.*

'Um, Morgan? Do you... What's the evacuation plan? I mean, I'm not. I refuse.'

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

'Oh. Oh no. Oh this is awful. We can't work like this.'

*I gag again, grabbing for my trash can. Oh please no. Please no vomit. I can't do this.*

'We've gotta do something to get this smell out. Maybe we can get the fire department to bring one of those giant fans or something to clear it out.'

dispatcher.png

Rebekah Martin
911 Telecommunicator

Badge 2102

'Ugghhh and my gut is killin' me.'

'Jim are you alright?'

I say as I enter the forbidden zone and put my shirt over my nose and mouth.

'Shit, Jim I don't know what you want me to do. I'm gonna have to call an ambulance.'

Badge 1663

'You know what, I think this is time. I'm out. I don't know what the protocol is, but we need to evacuate. Someone want to get the evac binder, I gotta get out of here.' 

*I grab the black bag with EVAC on the side in retroreflective, pick it up and pull open the binder. Step 1, all phones to make busy. Step 2, activate emergency cell phones and distribute binders to dispatchers. Step 3, all dispatchers take a portable radio, activate to the appropriate frequency and proceed to the bay. Supervisor will notify ERT to provide a driver to redundant centre.*

'Alright, I've got the evac policy. AYLWARD, WE'RE EVACUATING. This is cruel and unusual.'

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

'Shit, Jim I don't know what you want me to do. I'm gonna have to call an ambulance.'

'Charles you gotta get me outta here. I'm stuck. I hate tight spaces!' I say starting to panic.

James "Big Jim" Kowalski
Dispatcher

Badge 2098

'Do you think we should dispatch someone before we go? I'm serious about not being able to stay, and when they release him, it's going to be even worse. Oh god, I can taste it!'

*The smell in the air is so potent my eyes are watering and I can nearly taste the shit particles following through the air. This is, oh god this is gross.*

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

'Alright, I've got the evac policy. AYLWARD, WE'RE EVACUATING. This is cruel and unusual.'

'Fuck, Ok, Just dispatch an ambulance for Jim hes in the bathroom now.'

*I get my cellphone and call Burke*

"Hey just let you know we have a bit of an incident and have to evacuate. I'm going to need you to send out a van for the dispatchers to get to the backup site. I'm also having them dispatch an ambulance for Jim. Your also going to want to get someone up here to clean the bathroom and burn his chair"

Badge 1663

• 2 months later...

*I walk into the sally port, hang my jacket on the coat tree and grab my headset. I drop my bag at the foot of my desk, pull out my bag of bad luck Starburst and start logging into the systems.*

'What's happening today? Should I put the bad luck starburst away?'

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

'What's happening today? Should I put the bad luck starburst away?'

*I hear coming from the entrance.*

'No today is going to be a good day. Jim took a few personal days to go to candied bacon festival. Lets hope he eats himself to death.'

*I log onto the console and take handoff from the night tour commander*

Badge 1663

'Now now, don't talk like that. You'd be lost without your best buddy.'

I finish logging in, open my email and pop in the first starburst of many, a pink one, the best.

'Bets on first call worth noting?'

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

• 5 months later...

A moment of silence falls over the centre. Not a single one of those beeps going off, indicating a call. I flick my not ready on my set, stand up, stretch and make my way over to the communications lobby. It's been a long shift already, and the storm has barely even touched us. I swing to my locker, perpetually unlocked, grab my cell phone, scroll through some messages as I make my way into the staff room. Sliding my phone into my pants pocket, I start brewing a coffee, figuring now is as good a time as any to put a whole pot on. 

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

I disconnect the call after providing PDIs and lean back in my chair, looking around the center. It was weirdly quiet. We had called in extra staffing today due to the storm forecasts, but so far we had barely seen the storm. It was starting to heat up, but I suspected we'd get some real nastiness later on. I stand up from my chair and stretch, then decide to check my phone and see if that fireman had ever texted me back. Or the cop. Or the medic. I admittedly was talking to a few different people, but no one actually seemed interested. I walk into the break room, nodding at Tai as I snag my phone from my locker.

"Coffee sounds like a great idea right now."

dispatcher.png

Rebekah Martin
911 Telecommunicator

Badge 2102

'I don't know about you, this whole pot was for me. I figured I'd just take the full thing and the straw. You ever work a big storm up here before?'

I look towards the coffee pot as it starts to spit out the sweet, sweet bean juice. I've never worked a storm here, but I don't imagine they're a lot of fun.

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

• Burke changed the title to 911 Communications Center