*PARADE* Illegal Road Access

A. Tai

SHERIFF UNITS x2 BAY STREETxFOURTH ST N. VEHICLE ON PARADE ROUTE, DISTURBANCE. MULTIPLE REPORTS.

Keying my mic, I broadcast

"Sheriff Units area of Bay Street Parade, Requesting two units respond to Fourth Street North, assistance request from parade volunteers, irate driver trying to go through barrier on closed road. Information in notes."

I look over my shoulder at the door to the CP and see some familiar and unfamiliar faces outside the door talking. No deputies though.

911 call. M reporting entrapment and false arrest. 
Dwayne Jackson
Red Corolla
555-4481

Add'l Info - Parade staff reporting vehicle on route, attempting to exit barrier Illegal

Req SD

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

*hearing the call i head back to 213 and get in keying up*

"ERT 213 show me Enroute can i have a Traffic unit has the Vehicle left the route yet"

*after putting my transmission out i put my mic down and turn on my lights and blip my siren as i start to head towards Fourth st North*

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

'welp,so much for stanfing by,idiots gonna idiot  i guess even during the holidays' * i say as i start 255 pulling out of where i parked keying up when i hear patrol wanting traffic with him* "255,rolling" * i say into the mic in the durango as i flip the lights on tapping the airhorn which is on siren to disperse afew people kinda clogging the road out walking along the parade route as i head to the first idiot of the night* ' so a red corolla whos either blind or deaf or both,i mean you CLEARLYsee the fact a parade is gonna kick off,do you not dumbass' * i say to myself as i make my way there*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2024

"Parade Command Copies 255 and 213. Be advised the vehicle in question is a red Corolla. The driver is now out of the vehicle arguing with parade volunteers."

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

"Parade Command Copies 255 and 213 be advised the vehicle in question is a red corolla. the driver is now out of the vehicle arguing with parade Volunteers"

*i pick up my mic as i arrive on scene*

"213 Copies and show me out with the vehicle and subject in question"

i place my mic back in its holder and put 213 in park and then hop out heading up to the very clearly upset suspect and the parade volunteer's*

'So what appears to be the issue today'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

"show 255 on scene as well command" * i say into my portable  as i pull the durango up even with 213 he beat me to it but its my show but he made contact first so  why interupt that as i step out with my high vis vest on simply outta habit finally walking up to 213 and everybody else 213 is dealing with the driver* 'anybody mind telling me whats goin on, cause from what we heard was carolla here was trying to break the barricade,and thats a no no'

Parade volenteer: "yeah he tried to run through and when we tried to confront him he tried to push the barrier outta the way nearly ran me over in the process,thankfully he was only maybe doing 5 miles an hour guess he dident wanna screw up his car or something' * i glance at the car and chuckle internally,as it couldent get anymore acrewed up while 213  gets the drivers side of things*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

'So what appears to be the issue today'

'Their Illegally entrapping me here'

'Sir this a parade route that's why they don't want you here you put everyone else at risk'

'Well they should've made it better known then i have stuff i gotta get done'

'
well lets calm down sir. before we continue on can i get your name'

'Dwayne Jackson'

'Ok Mr Jackson can you go lean against the hood of my cruiser over here well i run your name'

'ok whatever'

*Turning around i see 255 has arrived and starting to talk to the parade volunteer's*

'Hey Dempsey watch this guy for me well i run his name would ya'

*i start to walk back over to the driver side door of 213 and get in keying up my mic*

"ERT 213 can i get a name check when your ready"

*i release the mic button on my radio and wait for a response* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*getting the info from the volenteers i hear 213 call out to me so i turn nodding whe he says for me to watch him* 'sure thing,whats his story?' * i say as i walk over to rogers hushing my voice* 'few of the volenteers,told me he nearly ran a few of em down trying to get by the barriers,whats his side of it?'

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

"213 ERT He comes back clean"

"213 Copies"

*i open up my computer and start write up a ticket for a Failure to yield when Dempsey walks over to my cruiser*

'a few of the volunteer's told me he tried to run them down to get by the barrier's what's his side of it'

'He was trying to get to work and turned on to bay st realized it was closed and when he tried to leave the volunteers wouldn't let him.. i'm just going to give him a failure to yield ticket and be on our way. it wasn't witnessed so we don't know fully know what happened and its a he said she said situation so i'm just going to give him the summons and he can argue it in court'

*i finish printing off the ticket and hop out of 213 and walk over to the driver*

'Ok today sir i'm going to be issuing you a failure to yield summons please sign at the bottom its not admission of guilt it's just saying you will be at court at the date and time thats on your copy of the ticket sir and have a good rest of your day and don't do this again'

*Mr Jackson signs the ticket and takes his copy and brings it with him as he heads back to his car*

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

' i looked at the car and the barrier,nothing on the barrier of note but his car was damaged but im guessing it was old, id of given the same thing so provided he leaves we can too,unless were missing something,hes sober right?' * i glance at our guy still in my hushed voice not wanting to deal with a drunk or anything yet but i know its gionna be comming,i just hope none will be driving drunk*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

"213 copies and show me out with the vehicle and subject in question."

"Copy that 213." I say, updating unit status on my board, keeping track of the little world around Bay Street. 

"Show 255 on scene as well command."

"Command copies 255 on scene." Another click and 255 is updated as well.

"ERT, 213 can I get a name check when you're ready?"

"213 ERT He comes back clean"

"213 Copies"

I have to wonder who is getting the talking to for that... Me or him. I thought all parade communications were supposed to go through command. Or is this not parade?

"Units at Fourth North and Bay, are we clear at this scene?"

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Badge 2099

"Units at Fourth North and Bay, Are we clear at this scene"

*I key up my Portable*

"ERT 213 you can show me clear and returning"

*i release my Ptt as 220 Roles up*

'Rogers your writing the ticket'

*i walk over to 220 and look at Sergeant Bruno*

'Copy Sarge 255 was Handling the parade volunteer's dude basically was pissed that bay was shut down and that the city didn't put out infomation out saying there was going to be a parade.. imma head back to the muster point now if your ok with that'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*Rogers walks up to me and gives me the rundown.*

'The liu wants you both back at muster for assignment ASAP. Clear up and head back. I'll meet you back there.'

*I flip my lights on as I do a u turn and and kill them as I head back to muster*

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

'The Liu wants you both back at muster for assignment ASAP. Clear up and head back. I'll meet you back there'

'Roger Sarge'

*i walk back over to 213 get in and flip a u turn turning my lights off and head back to muster* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

'NOTED SARGE!' * i shout as he pulls away and i key up heading back to my truck* "command from 255,show me clear returning to muster" *releaseing my portables PTT i glance at the corolla who thankfully pulls away as i climb back into 255 blip the sirens as i make my u turn in the intersection then kill the lights and start back to muster*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024