Mark Stone's Cell

M. Stone

• 9 months later...

*It's been a day or two since the shootout and the painkillers the docs gave me for the pain are incredible.  Anyways I've got my phone with my as I sit on my couch going through contacts in messenger.*

'O'Reilly! How's it going?  Damn the drugs they gave me are good!'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

*I shake my head as I read the text. Little unexpected to hear from Evelyn, not that I was going to complain. I bang out a reply and send it.*

'This is Mark lol. Those drugs must be pretty good huh?'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

• 1 month later...

*Arriving at home and driving safely into my garage I decide to text Mark.  In the hour long drive back here I forgot if I actually thanked him or not.*

'Just got home.  Thanks for helping me bring in the food.  You're the best babe!'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

• 1 month later...

*Sending a text to Mark as I leave the armory.*

'Just a lovely day of idiots taking shots at the station.  Don't worry, I'll be fine.'

*Enclosed with the text is a photo of me with an unamused face and holding my patrol rifle with my vest on.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

* I pull out my phone and open my text's with mark*

"Hey Mark its Kat Rodgers just wanted to give you an update on my recovery. my left leg is still in a cast and still pretty messed up but my right leg they say is healing up well they said another three weeks of this progress and i could be walking with half of my strength on my right leg."

*i take a moment and start to tear up with what i'm about to say*

"Mark i'll be honest all this has been alot on my mentally James things i should stay on the department but i'm not sure if i should. I want too i really do i miss all my friends but i'm just not sure if i could do it without putting my crew at risk, and i don't wanna do desk jockey stuff the rest of my career. I signed up to be a firefighter not a damn pencil pusher, but everything comes flooding back to me. Last week i went by the scene of where it all happened and the house is still there, even the collapse, its just taped off now and just looking at it and knowing i should've died and could've gotten you and the rest of the crew kills me. y'all really are my second family..."

*i stop and take a breath and try to calm myself and try to ask how him and Hawke are doing but stop knowing that might be weird to ask after telling him everything i've been struggling with mentally i send the message and put my phone down on the end table and take a sip of my tea*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

I hear my phone go off and pick it up. Surprised to see a text from Kat, I open it and read through it.

"Hey Kat! It's really good to hear from you! I've been checking in on you with Scrat every now and then, but it's good to hear from you yourself. I haven't reached out because I didn't want to bother you. Now, don't get yourself down. You can do this. I know you can. You're strong. Stick with your physical therapy, keep at it. See a therapist if you need one, there's no shame in it. You don't have anything to be ashamed of. We're really looking forward to having you back when you're well enough."

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

• 1 year later...

*after getting a Uber home from the bar i pull my phone out and go to message Gavi*

**text**

"Hi Gavin i know its been 5 years since i lost you, but right now i need you more then ever right now, Me and James got divorced. I've been dealing with a lot of issues, and In general i just miss you. God i wish i was in the truck that day i know you didn't want me in the truck cause the driver was new and you wanted to give him  experience."

*i put the phone down and go over to my fridge and grab a beer and pop it open taking a sip off of it*

"But Gavin i miss you a lot and i know you would've been proud of me for getting to where i am now. I messaged you mother the other day to see how her and your dad was holding up and they are doing good she said your little sister started college the other day. I can't believe she's old enough to be in college i remember when you let me meet her after we came home the first time"

"I also went and saw your grave the other day and cleaned it up some in true fashion it was covered in weeds and dirt i'll never understand how you also got every thing so dirty, I also have a pretty cool friend here his Name is Marcus stone, he's my captain here at the fire department and he reminds me a lot of you, After my injury he was the first one to check in on me. well imma head to bed i miss you buddy i hope your resting in peace"

*i send the text and chug the rest of my beer before going and laying down* 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

While driving around on patrol I decide to park for a bit to write a text.

'Say, how about I drop by the station around 5 or 6 with some dinner for the 2 of us?  Will call myself out of service on break, I'll bring a pizza.  Dominos?  Pizza Hut?  Little Ceasars? local?'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504