OB/GYN Emergency

R. Martin

MEDIC 2. OB/GYN EMERGENCY. 889 COURT AVENUE, APARTMENT 529, FORT SHANNON. CROSS STREET OF EIGHT ST.

Time:1912 Weather: Clear

The 911 line rings, and I hit the button to answer. I copy the ANI/ALI phone number over as I speak.

'Shiloh County 911, what's the address of your emergency?'

'889 Court Avenue, Apartment 529.'

I input the address as I ask the next question.

'Do you need police, fire, or paramedics?'

'I need an ambulance, I'm bleeding down there and my stomach is hurting so much I can barely move.'

'OK ma'am, tell me your name and tell me exactly what happened.'

'My name is Ashley. My dad told me to tell you if I ever need 911 he's a sheriff's captain and my boyfriend is a deputy. I'm pregnant and I'm bleeding.'

'OK, Ashley, your dad is a sheriff's captain? Do you want us to tell him?'

People always thought they'd get better service if they claimed their dad was a captain or the chief or some shit like that. I hate the public.

'I want you to send me someone faster because he's a captain!'

There it was. This lady probably wasn't even actually related to anyone in SD.

'OK, ma'am. They're coming as quick as they can. How old are you?'

'21.'

'How many weeks pregnant are you?'

'Nine weeks.'

I don't bother asking the serious bleeding question and just mark it as serious. People hated that question and she had already said she was bleeding pretty good. It codes out and I press the send button so it'll get sent to a dispatcher to put it out on the radio.

'Is this your first pregnancy?'

'Yes.'

'OK ma'am, the paramedics on the way to help you now. Stay on the line with me and listen to the instructions I have for you. Remain calm and rest comfortably. If you're able, unlock the door and put away any pets. The paramedics are on the way. If anything changes or you get worse in any way, call us back immediately.'

I exit the EMD system and decide to find out if she was being serious about her dad before I disconnect.

'You said your boyfriend and your dad work for the sheriff's office, do you want us to call them for you?'

If the boyfriend wasn't there, then he was probably on duty right? Made sense to me. If he was even real.

'Call my boyfriend. His name is Ricky O'Reilly. He's on duty right now.'

Oh shit, he's real. Surprise surprise.

'OK ma'am, I'll call him for you. I'm going to disconnect now okay?'

She acknowledges, and I disconnect the line. I quickly key in the call notes that the patient is a captain's daughter and a deputy's boyfriend. That certainly sounded like some juicy drama in the sheriff's department. I wish I knew more about it, I bet the tension at work is insane. I start looking up the deputy's info to notify him.

dispatcher.png

Rebekah Martin
911 Telecommunicator

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2102

*Hearing the tones Drop for a Charlie level Pregnancy call I head to the bus and pull the cords before getting in the drivers seat, Getting into the drivers seat I turn on the bus as murdoch gets in and picks up the mic to mark us responding*

'What do you want when we get on scene?'

*I put the medic in drive and pull out of the station turning on the lights and blipping the sirens as i nose into traffic*  

Edited by Jimothy

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2027

'Jump bag, monitor. Throw them on the stretcher and we'll hope the elevator is big enough.'

'Aight'

*blipping my siren as we pass through a intersection a car pulls into on coming lanes trying to get out of our way*

'Fucking Idiots going to cause an accident. Clearly its too hard to pull to the right'

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Badge 2027

*Hearing the call go out for an OB I don't think anything of it until I see the text of the job on my department phone. Sheriff's Captains Daughter. AKA, County Royalty. I get up from the office chair and walk towards my vehicle.*

"O-2 responding"

*I walk out to the bay and jump into the durango and flip the lights and siren on as I follow the medic unit*

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

I'm out driving around when my unit cell rings. I answer it and my heart drops as the dispatcher on the other end tells me that an ambulance is on the way to pick Ashley up from the house.

'OK, OK. Show me on a detail, but I'll be en route over there.'

I quickly hang up the phone and slide the position switch to position three as I head towards the apartment. The blue lights turn on, and the siren automatically kicks to wail. I thought I had been nervous when Ashley told me she was pregnant, but this took it to a new level. The thought of calling Russo crosses my mind, and I hesitate. I was pissed at him, and did not particularly want to talk to him, but Ashley was his daughter. He should know. I take a deep breath and press the hands-free button on my car, telling it to call Zach.

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1943

'Yeah these fucking morons. No one in this goddamned city knows how to drive.'

'yea, What's the call notes saying about this?'

*rolling up on scene I place the truck in park as Murdoch marks on scene i get out of the bus and head to the back to set up the stretcher* 

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Badge 2027

I'm tempted to hang up as he answers with a shitty tone, but I decide to be the bigger person. I know he can hear the siren in the background.

'Something's wrong with Ashley. Thought you should know. She called an ambulance. I'm on my way over there. Don't know anything else yet.'

I change the siren tone to yelp as I turn onto Court. I was down close to the river, but I'd quickly be able to make my way up the avenue.

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I catch up with the medic unit and fall in behind them. Before long we get to the address.*

"O-2 out with the medic."

*I step out and walk around to the crew.*

'Heads up, patient is an SD captain's daughter and her boyfriend's SD as well'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'Something's wrong with Ashley. Thought you should know. She called an ambulance. I'm on my way over there. Don't know anything else yet.'

*I feel weak for a second. Knowing Ashley would never make a scene like that unless it was bad.*

'Ok whats your address I'm on my way.'

*I say as I throw my shoes on and start walking out to my department car*

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

'889 Court Avenue, Apartment 529. I'll let you know where we go if we leave before you're here. I'm driving, I'm gonna hang up. Bye.'

I hang the call up and focus on driving as I clear traffic down the avenue.

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

'Heads up, patient is an SD captain's daughter and her boyfriend's SD as well'

*looking up as Another person starts talking i see its Breslin*

'Aight thanks Breslin, Stretchers ready Murdoch'

* i grab some gloves as Murdoch starts to get the stretcher out the back of the bus*

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Badge 2027

"Two's on scene."

I hang up the radio mic and step out, tucking a pair of gloves in my pocket. I take another drag off my vape and start pulling out the stretcher as Breslin walks up.

'Yeah? Fuck I care for? Everyone's the same. They ain't no fuckin better than anyone else.'

I start towards the entrance of the building, dragging the stretcher along behind me with Callahan.

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Badge 2008

'Hey its not like these people aren't county royalty. I'm doing what I need to do to save my job.'

*I begin walking ahead of the crew. I walk over to the elevator bank and call the elevator. It comes, The crew breaks the back and we all get in. I hit the button and the doors close. When they open on the floor we all step out and walk towards the apartment. I knock on the door.*

'Come in'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'Hey its not like these people aren't county royalty. I'm doing what I need to do to save my job.'

*taking a step into the elevator Breslin closes the doors and we head up to the apartment, Getting over to the door breslin knocks and a person replies come in so we enter the Apartment*

'Shiloh County EMS'

'Over here in the bathroom'

*putting my gloves on we head over to the bathroom and find a Young Female Late teens Early 20's Sitting on the floor crying*

'Hello Ma'am I'm EMT Callahan and these are my Partners Paramedic Murdoch and Lt Breslin. What's your Name and what's the matter today?'

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Badge 2027

Breslin gets in ahead of me, making it to the patient. Fuck it, she thinks it makes a shit that she's some sheriff's captains daughter, she can take lead for now. Callahan asks what's going on, and I hear her telling him she's pregnant and bleeding. I tell her I'm gonna start checking her vital signs while the other paramedic asks a few questions. I turn on the Lifepak and wrap the blood pressure cuff around her arm, then slide the SpO2 sensor onto a finger.

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Badge 2008

*I kneel down to the patient's level. She's in pain and she's scared. Dipshit Dave and Murdick aren't going to give her the kind of support this woman needs right now*

'Hi, My name is Alyssa I'm a paramedic. What's going on today?'

'I'm 9 weeks pregnant and I'm bleeding. Also my stomach hurts'

*I sigh a bit as I know this girl is going to be getting some bad news today.*

'Were going to get you the hospital.'

*I say as I look her in the eyes.*

'What about my baby?'

'Were going to try our best.'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*I hit the button for yelp as the car pulls onto the I-48 onramp. I'm flying. The drive is typically a half hour. I'm going to try and cut it in half. My daughter needs me.*

"400 to County, Put me on 204's ambulance assignment"

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

"Copy 400."

I start a call and assign 204 and 400, marking 204 on scene and keeping 400 en route. I guess it was true, I guess she really was a captain's daughter and a deputy's boyfriend. Damn. Hope I wasn't rude on the phone.

dispatcher.png

Rebekah Martin
911 Telecommunicator

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2102

'Yeah, you can get the fuck out of the way. I live here.'

I step past the EMT, shoulder checking him as I go. Fucking dumbass. I crouch down next to Ashley, taking her free hand.

'I'm here,' I say softly, squeezing her hand. 'What's going on? They didn't tell me anything.'

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

The Lifepak cycles, and comes back with a pressure. Not terrible. I read it out for Breslin since the monitor's turned away from her.

'100/60. Little tachy, 108. Bring that stretcher in here, Callahan.'

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Badge 2008